Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Losses like this you can tell there is something wrong with team. Chemistry is not there. I will pick up following team in a month, see if things are better then
    This is rather odd considering the team has just played one of the best stretches and is pace for 95 wins or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Well that escalated quickly. Yanks are putting on a hitting clinic. Damn it
    Sure did. But hard to gauge anything against the Yankees. Theyíre just steam rolling everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Mike, I donít think anyone is crowing about the Jays. We all recognize how good yanks have been so far. We are little concerned about jays flaws going forward. But we also recognize jays would be leading 2 other divisions if it werenít for AL east. Jays may not be living up to off season expectations but they are still playing solid baseball. We are hoping for additions soon. Yes losing 2 to Oís stinks, but these arenít the punching bag Oís anymore.
    As a met fan I don't give a hoot about the yankees. But you've got to be realistic and evaluate your flaws correctly or you'll never win anything. As it stands now the jays can win 105 games and be the number 1 wild card and will lose to whoever they play because the bullpen is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I agree with you generally, but I do think it would be wise to swing for the fences and ďsell the farmĒ to add a serious TORP for this years playoff run. Itís time to go balls deep imo. They should be able to put together a David price style trade, and if they donít and we donít win the ship I think a lot of us will wish they did.

My pre-season prediction of ďthe bats will be fire but the pitching will struggle and require major additions down the stretchĒ is starting to come into fruition.

And before everyone confuses me with Spidedan again and accuses me of hating AtkinsÖ the above is a great position to be in and he has the pieces and budget to repair the issues. I just hope he is aggressive. None of that 2016 bandaid business. If a team is ready to make a run, run them.
    I do agree about swinging for the fences if someone controllable is available (Soto with an extension, Alcantara, etc). But we donít need to do that to make the playoffs. And unless the Yankees beat themselves, weíre not catching them with any amount of upgrades. Playoffs go down to a 4 man rotation. If we want to upgrade there, it certainly wonít cost the farm. We do need bullpen help, and a left handed bat. But again, none of that would cost the farm. Basically our entire lineup is up to .700 ops. Meaning league average or better. So unless youíre going after a superstar, thereís not really much room or need to upgrade.

I suspect that if Danny Jansen is back and shows himself healthy, he alone is gonna get you a nice piece.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Of course the Yankees pitching staff, especially the bullpen is better than the Jays. We all know this. The issue is that no one was debating that or even talking about it. He just jumped into a thread and starting being confrontational because the Jays split a series with the Orioles, claiming that we were all saying that it was going to be a sweep and started trashing the pitching staff and telling fans to "get in touch with reality" over things that no one is even debating. It is simply trolling behaviour. I come on sites like this to have civilized discourse about a hobby I enjoy. As I get older I find I'm lacking patience for people that are just seeking internet validation from strangers. In hindsight I should have just hit ignore sooner.
    Haha...that's rich...as soon as someone shares a different opinion...you jump to the trolling argument...you are such a hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    If Manoah and Gausman are your 2 best starters you won't go far in the playoffs because Cole and Severino are better and Cortes and Tailon are just as good. And the Blue Jays bullpen is quite frankly terrible. Chapman Watson and King are better than anyone in the Jays pen and its not even close

The fact that the Jays went into a 4 game series with the Orioles and went 2-2 says volumes. How many of you said it would be a 4 game sweep......I'm pretty sure you did buddy

I told you building a pitching staff is hard, Pearson hasn't lived up to his Billing. You traded Ray for Gausman which hasn't panned out. This team will only go as far as Manoah and Berrios can carry them
    Youíre being wack, but youíre mostly correct here.

The way i see it, you need 3 torp to be playoff favourites.

We have manoah

Berrios and Gausman are very volatile and inconsistent, but both have the torp stuff and have had torp streaks. Iím comfortable going into the playoffs *hoping* that one of them has a good run in the playoffs.
    I am NOT comfortable going into the playoffs needing both to pitch like torp there.

We still need 1 sure fire starter. And a 2 BP pieces.

If they can add those pieces without losing any major pieces from the big club then we might have a top3 team in the league on paper.

I do enjoy how Mike acts like Cole is some gamechanger. He's probably the most overrated pitcher in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Youíre being wack, but youíre mostly correct here.

The way i see it, you need 3 torp to be playoff favourites.

We have manoah

Berrios and Gausman are very volatile and inconsistent, but both have the torp stuff and have had torp streaks. Iím comfortable going into the playoffs *hoping* that one of them has a good run in the playoffs.
    I am NOT comfortable going into the playoffs needing both to pitch like torp there.

We still need 1 sure fire starter. And a 2 BP pieces.

If they can add those pieces without losing any major pieces from the big club then we might have a top3 team in the league on paper.
    I think starting pitching is going to be very expensive at the TDL. I'm not sure how its going to be possible to fix Shatkins mistakes without losing a big piece or mortgaging the future. As I've said for three years now, Ryu's deal was a bad deal, the lack of prospect capital lost from a botched beginning to the rebuild, and only going 2/3's of the way this offseason is going to bit them in the *** now. Who cares if they got 91 wins last year. It was good for 4th. The might have passed Boston (although I think they are underperforming and will be in the conversation soon), Tampa is still good, and the Yankees are better than last year, 95+ wins are probably needed and I don't think they are there yet. This team is not better than last year's team. This team reminds me of the 89 Jays...lots of talent but the wrong pieces overall so Gillick (they Jays GM GOAT) retooled. Shatkins is too arrogant to see his short comings. We need a real GM to come in and fix what Shatkins started.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I do enjoy how Mike acts like Cole is some gamechanger. He's probably the most overrated pitcher in the league.
    l wont diagree, but for what the Yankees needed hes a Horse, Severino is coming off 2 years of injury, nobody including Cashman knew Cortes would be this good.

Cole's Job was to be the Guy to bear the Pressure, just Like Ryu was when the Jays signed him for the exact Same reason

go back to my post then if you read that post youll have to agree., Hell I said the same thing about Dickey. Teams that want to win Championships, need to have a horse to end losing Streaks and Match up against the other teams ace.

its emotional as well as competitive, Having "That Guy" is a big deal
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 06-18-2022 at 05:39 PM.

The Jays will probably lose tomorrows game.

Better move on quickly to the next series

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    The Jays will probably lose tomorrows game.

Better move on quickly to the next series
    Pretty rough matchup and I never really feel comfortable with Kikuchi starts in general. It could get rough.

I missed today's game, but it looks like Manoah struggled a bit by the stat line. Curious if it was more the Yankees lineup, or if he looked off at all.

The Yankees are just good
    plain and simple .

Kikuchi's best start was against the Yankees, but that was a while back and now he has no command of his pitches.
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 06-18-2022 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Pretty rough matchup and I never really feel comfortable with Kikuchi starts in general. It could get rough.

I missed today's game, but it looks like Manoah struggled a bit by the stat line. Curious if it was more the Yankees lineup, or if he looked off at all.
    I was thinking today was our best chance for a win and it didnít happen. The bats went cold and some awful calls didnít help. Manoah wasnít sharp as he usually is but yanks have been very patient with hitting. This series looks like a write off.

Tailon was pitchng with the same umpire and I believe the Jays top 4 in the lineup was 1-17

Manoah was just outpitched throwing 94 pitches to get 16 outs an average of 6 pitches per out. Tailon averaged 5.2 pitches per out. arguably the 2 Worst hitters in the Yankee lineup, Hicks and Kiner-Falefa killed him.

Manoah was fine, the Yankees just made him throw strikes, and he didnt get them to chase as he usually does.
    if the Jays make the post season I doubt the Astros or Rays will Chase much either. Even Berrios has been on the losing side in every post-season game he's appeared in

in the Playoffs the Bullpen is a deciding factor and Lets be honest thats the Jays Achilles heel

and before Pebloemer screams im trolling, its not, its simple fact, let him post where the facts are wrong, he cant so he resorts to the losers argument, If I were Atkins id be trying for Craig Kimbrel or Kenley Jansen, right now, if not both, hell if the rumors about the Yankees moving on from Chapman are true, get him
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 06-19-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Max Castillo called up for the game today. Good numbers, but advanced stats suggest their may be some luck in his results this year. I'm guessing they are calling him up in case they need a long man and Kikuchi struggles again. Stripling in the rotation and Thornton pitching back to back has definitely thinned out the long-man role. Not a great spot to call up a guy for the first time in the big leagues. Pearson would at least have some experience in these type of moments. Maybe it says something about him that they aren't giving him this spot. Protecting him? He hasn't built enough of a workload up? We'll see how this goes!

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast