Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah if you can go 4-0 against the Orioles here, it puts y'all in perfect position to challenge the Yankees especially since the Yankees come to town next
    cant go 4-0 against the orioles now

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Already done with Kikuchi. I hope they ship him out at the deadline.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it either. It is fine for now, but we need pitching reinforcements at the deadline, if not earlier.

Also really on my last legs of hope with Merryweather or Richards.

We also have a few options in AAA to add to this bullpen that might actually make a positive impact this year (Adrian Hernandez and Max Castillo). Pearson needs to find a chance soon too probably.

Another bad outing by Kikuchi.

He's just lost it.

On the flip side . Trent Thornton has been pretty good this year

He's exactly what you get from a 5th starter, ups and downs and little consistency. Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it either. It is fine for now, but we need pitching reinforcements at the deadline, if not earlier.

Also really on my last legs of hope with Merryweather or Richards.

We also have a few options in AAA to add to this bullpen that might actually make a positive impact this year (Adrian Hernandez and Max Castillo). Pearson needs to find a chance soon too probably.
    Shatkins is going to have to mortgage the future now to fix all his short comings

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He's exactly what you get from a 5th starter, ups and downs and little consistency. Nothing to worry about.
    Except is not the fifth starter anymore...so yes, he is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Shatkins is going to have to mortgage the future now to fix all his short comings
    He's built a great team, what more do you want? 2nd best record in the AL is nothing to sneeze at and we finally got to a soft spot in the schedule. Anyway, bash away, Ross will never be good enough in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    He's built a great team, what more do you want? 2nd best record in the AL is nothing to sneeze at and we finally got to a soft spot in the schedule. Anyway, bash away, Ross will never be good enough in your eyes.
    Not to mention that the team in front of them is looking like an all time team on a record setting pace.

Except is not the fifth starter anymore...so yes, he is a problem.
    So you just arbitrarily decide he’s not the 5th starter? Strip is clearly #4. You will go to any lengths to rip the front office. Sell the farm to get help? They don’t need to sell the farm. You don’t need that big of an upgrade, anywhere on this roster. The only way they sell the farm is for a star coming back.

Farm is deep bruh. Top 10 prospects year in, year out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So you just arbitrarily decide he’s not the 5th starter? Strip is clearly #4. You will go to any lengths to rip the front office. Sell the farm to get help? They don’t need to sell the farm. You don’t need that big of an upgrade, anywhere on this roster. The only way they sell the farm is for a star coming back.
    I agree with you generally, but I do think it would be wise to swing for the fences and “sell the farm” to add a serious TORP for this years playoff run. It’s time to go balls deep imo. They should be able to put together a David price style trade, and if they don’t and we don’t win the ship I think a lot of us will wish they did.

My pre-season prediction of “the bats will be fire but the pitching will struggle and require major additions down the stretch” is starting to come into fruition.

And before everyone confuses me with Spidedan again and accuses me of hating Atkins… the above is a great position to be in and he has the pieces and budget to repair the issues. I just hope he is aggressive. None of that 2016 bandaid business. If a team is ready to make a run, run them.

I agree with you generally, but I do think it would be wise to swing for the fences and “sell the farm” to add a serious TORP for this years playoff run. It’s time to go balls deep imo. They should be able to put together a David price style trade, and if they don’t and we don’t win the ship I think a lot of us will wish they did.

My pre-season prediction of “the bats will be fire but the pitching will struggle and require major additions down the stretch” is starting to come into fruition.

And before everyone confuses me with Spidedan again and accuses me of hating Atkins… the above is a great position to be in and he has the pieces and budget to repair the issues. I just hope he is aggressive. None of that 2016 bandaid business. If a team is ready to make a run, run them.
    It doesn't take Nostradamus to figure out that the bats are and have been the strong point.

As for adding another SP, definitely. It doesn't have to be a TORP though. Gausman, Manoah, Berrios is a very good 1-2-3 for the playoffs. Give me a mid rotation piece with some term and I'm fine. One or two high leverage flamethrowers out of the BP is a much bigger need for the playoffs

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The Jays currently have 2 aces it looks like (Manoah and Gausman), you want to basically replicate the Philies with Halladay, Oswalt and Hammels? Not that i'm against that.

Another thing to note that this year might be very hard to win it all considering the Yankees are ridiculously good this year.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

My only concern about the David Price example is the rental portion of it and the idea of "selling the farm." I think this team can be in contention for a 7-10 year window if they don't act recklessly and sell long term assets for short term ones.

The idea that we would regret not "selling the farm" if we didn't we a championship this year doesn't resonate with me at all.

For example (these numbers are hypothetical, just trying to illustrate my thought process): If the probability of winning a championship is 15% this year and a win now, rental trade upped that to 22%, it sounds great. But depending on the assets spent, that could reduce the length of the window significantly or the ability to add to the core at future deadline when we are also in contention for a championship.

The Dodgers traded multiple Top 50 prospects in the Scherzer deal (Turner was a part of that too). They still didn't win the title and now have fewer assets to bolster them this year and down the road.

A lot of things have to go right to win a pennant, even if you have the best team on paper. I prefer extending the window to have a chance as many years as possible.

The way this team is built, there is no reason for us to aim for a short window of contention.

I am all for adding at the deadline. Especially arms and especially good impactful players. But the words "sell the farm" and examples of rentals make me nervous. We can't be reckless IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It doesn't take Nostradamus to figure out that the bats are and have been the strong point.

As for adding another SP, definitely. It doesn't have to be a TORP though. Gausman, Manoah, Berrios is a very good 1-2-3 for the playoffs. Give me a mid rotation piece with some term and I'm fine. One or two high leverage flamethrowers out of the BP is a much bigger need for the playoffs

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

After the additions to the pitching staff and losing semien a lot of people were expecting the opposite.
    So yeah I’m definitely Nostradamus. we use similar techniques to make our predictions too haha /s

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast