Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    The velo and “stuff” are still there though with Berrios. He’s too young and was successful for too long to right off the rest of his career ffs. Did anyone see the swing Ramirez took to hit that ball out? I mean come on….beach ball? Even the pitch to Naylor was a good pitch, Naylor just put a great swing on that ball. Sometimes you just have to tip your 🧢.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    The velo and “stuff” are still there though with Berrios. He’s too young and was successful for too long to right off the rest of his career ffs. Did anyone see the swing Ramirez took to hit that ball out? I mean come on….beach ball? Even the pitch to Naylor was a good pitch, Naylor just put a great swing on that ball. Sometimes you just have to tip your 🧢.
    I read a post on Reddit about Berrios possibly tipping his change up. Something along the lines of him throwing 13 of them in the 3rd with 10 of them being hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Was at the game yesterday. Great crowd. Glad jays pulled out the win. Got to win the series today.

Tsutsugo signed as depth.

Ryan Mountcastle looks like Babe Ruth when playing the Jays. Another bomb

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Ryan Mountcastle looks like Babe Ruth when playing the Jays. Another bomb
    This guy is a pain. It’s so predictable too.

Kikuchi is already awful. Now defense lets him down. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Kikuchi is already awful. Now defense lets him down. Sigh
    The defense has been a quiet culprit for much of the season. The amount of times Gausman has his innings extended from soft contact bloopers, poorly played balls in the outfield and poor defense on the basepaths have made his season look only "very good" instead of "excellent" which his Fielding Independent Pitching numbers would suggest should be the case. But it isn't just Gausman. Defense has been inconsistent all year. One of the reasons TB's pitchers always have such great numbers is the defense that plays behind them. Chapman was a good addition defensively, but hasn't reached his previous heights. Espinal is good. Kirk isn't really great behind the plate and Bichette has some limitations. The entire outfield seems a bit shaky at times.

It isn't always easy to quantify the impact of good defense, but I'd have to think the record could be a lot better with the team making defensive plays they should.

The defense has been a quiet culprit for much of the season. The amount of times Gausman has his innings extended from soft contact bloopers, poorly played balls in the outfield and poor defense on the basepaths have made his season look only "very good" instead of "excellent" which his Fielding Independent Pitching numbers would suggest should be the case. But it isn't just Gausman. Defense has been inconsistent all year. One of the reasons TB's pitchers always have such great numbers is the defense that plays behind them. Chapman was a good addition defensively, but hasn't reached his previous heights. Espinal is good. Kirk isn't really great behind the plate and Bichette has some limitations. The entire outfield seems a bit shaky at times.

It isn't always easy to quantify the impact of good defense, but I'd have to think the record could be a lot better with the team making defensive plays they should.
    Completely agree. I think jays defense was very good in the early part of the season. Lately it has been very shaky. The poor defense has impacted the outcomes. Jays got to tighten it up. We shouldn’t be losing this series to Baltimore.

Yeah totally nailed it.

Outfield defense is a problem, especially LGJ. That guy doesn't hustle.

We need a big roster change in the offseason.
    Last edited by LechWalesa; 08-16-2022 at 08:22 AM.

So inconsistent. They will get hot again. Hopefully it’s at the right time. This is another ugly stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So inconsistent. They will get hot again. Hopefully it’s at the right time. This is another ugly stretch.
    I think this is where most of us are with this team. They’re not terrible. They’ll probably make a WC spot. Terribly inconsistent, but it’s possible they get hot in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think this is where most of us are with this team. They’re not terrible. They’ll probably make a WC spot. Terribly inconsistent, but it’s possible they get hot in the playoffs.
    I wonder what the feeling would be right now without the expanded play-off format

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I wonder what the feeling would be right now without the expanded play-off format
    I wonder what the feeling would be to play in the AL central lol.

Agree though only 1.5 games out from missing the wildcard right now. And when I look at the other teams around us in the WC race… it’s embarrassing. We are supposed to be blowing those types of teams out of the water by now according to Reed.

I’ll start panicking if we aren’t a top contender in 2023 season though. Back in 2018 That was my prediction on when we would be true contenders if we made no trades or FA signings and continued to have 2016 types of draft hauls. Obviously the draft thing did not pan out and Atkins has reverted to the JP Riccardi strategy. But if atkins cannot make this a top team in 9 years with the head start he was lucky enough to be gifted… then he simply is not capable.

Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast