Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    We definitely badly need some BP help. And a high end reliever at that. I'd prefer seeing Garcia/Mayza/Phelps/Cimber in the 6th/7th inning spots. We need someone else on Romano's level that can actually strike guys out then bump everyone else down a bit in leverage.
    I agree. I love the approach of having different arm angles and pitcher types out of the pen, but we still need more heat.

Id be calling up the screwballer today if it was up to me to see if that helps at least until they can swing a deal.

Romero's been shoddy. I can't recall when was the last time he's had a clean 1-2-3 inning .

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    We definitely badly need some BP help. And a high end reliever at that. I'd prefer seeing Garcia/Mayza/Phelps/Cimber in the 6th/7th inning spots. We need someone else on Romano's level that can actually strike guys out then bump everyone else down a bit in leverage.
    Totally agree. Hopefully Jays target Bednar, S. Barlow. We need someone who can step up when Romano struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Emperor Shapiro and Darth Atkins sure have done a great job. They took a team that was maxed out salary wise, had nothing in terms of prospects and a player development department that didnt even have a physical therapist and turned it into one of the best run franchises is all of baseball. This team is set up incredibly well for now and the future.

Nate had some bad luck with injuries but hes also had some legitimate ones too. Not sure if he can play any other positions but Id still be willing to try him in the pen. If he can get healthy that is.
    Gausman doesn't replace Ray. Chapman doesn't replace Semien. Kikuchi doesn't replace Matz. This team is lot weaker than last. Even with all the help from farm. Moreno. They haven't done great job. Same as in Cleveland, did good but couldn't put them over the hump

Wonder how long Kikuchi going to keep starting and putting jays in early holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Gausman doesn't replace Ray. Chapman doesn't replace Semien. Kikuchi doesn't replace Matz. This team is lot weaker than last. Even with all the help from farm. Moreno. They haven't done great job. Same as in Cleveland, did good but couldn't put them over the hump
    Really well said. Hard to argue against, and was the exact concern everyone had going into FA.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041