Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1177
    If jones puts it together he will stay. More likely he goes to compete for a job somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it wasnít for hurts I would feel comfortable saying the eagles are the favorite in the East. Good chance the eagles and giants are competing to find the next qb after this season

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    If it wasnít for hurts I would feel comfortable saying the eagles are the favorite in the East. Good chance the eagles and giants are competing to find the next qb after this season
    Yeah. Still depends on who the replacement is . I think they have a good chance to win 10 games with JH. Although the 0-7 against teams with a winning record is a concern until we actually see how all these additions effects the team .

2022 NFC East Off-Season

Thing is if Jalen hurts doesnít prove to be ďthe guyĒ this year I think they will trade him on draft night 2023. I think a fair valuation for him (depending on how he plays in 2022 of course) would be a 2023 2nd round pick. I could see the eagles packaging their own 1st and New Orleans 1st with hurts to move up into the top 5ish area to draft their guy.

A wild card here is Carson strong though. I know I know, heís an undrafted free agent. But heís supposedly been impressing coaches and teammates. The reason he wasnít drafted isnít due to ability, itís 100% due to his knee. Teams were scared of the knee and how well it would hold up in the NFL. If it canít hold up then he probably wonít last long obviously but if he defies the odds and is able to play on it then he might be giving the eagles something else to think about in 2023.

The eagles said they are committed to hurts but I just think the fact that they gave Carson strong one of the biggest UDFA contracts ever says that they are definitely looking at other options.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Yeah. Still depends on who the replacement is . I think they have a good chance to win 10 games with JH. Although the 0-7 against teams with a winning record is a concern until we actually see how all these additions effects the team .
    I think the eagles defense got a lot better this offseason. Iíve been saying this all offseason but I just think Gannon needs guys to fit his system. He added at least 5 key players this offseason to fit his system (Jordan Davis, nakobe dean, kyzir white, haason reddick, James bradberry) and getting Brandon Graham back by default will help as well. They may not be done adding players on that side of the ball either.

I think the eagles defense in 2022 will look completely different than it did in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    If he does not take a step forward you guys have 2 1st round picks next year, this is his chance to earn the starting job beyond this year.

With good QB play the eagles should contend for the division.
    I think this is a big year for both Jalen hurts and jonathon Gannon. Both now have a lot of help that should allow them to do their job effectively. I think in 2022 if hurts doesnít play better than he did last year or if gannons defense isnít significantly better than it was last year, both might be on the move in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I think the eagles defense got a lot better this offseason. Iíve been saying this all offseason but I just think Gannon needs guys to fit his system. He added at least 5 key players this offseason to fit his system (Jordan Davis, nakobe dean, kyzir white, haason reddick, James bradberry) and getting Brandon Graham back by default will help as well. They may not be done adding players on that side of the ball either.

I think the eagles defense in 2022 will look completely different than it did in 2021.
    Youíre also talking about a first year coaching staff. I donít buy this 0-7 without context. Revamped team with proper personnel and now year two with Gannon and sirianni.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Thing is if Jalen hurts doesnít prove to be ďthe guyĒ this year I think they will trade him on draft night 2023. I think a fair valuation for him (depending on how he plays in 2022 of course) would be a 2023 2nd round pick. I could see the eagles packaging their own 1st and New Orleans 1st with hurts to move up into the top 5ish area to draft their guy.

A wild card here is Carson strong though. I know I know, heís an undrafted free agent. But heís supposedly been impressing coaches and teammates. The reason he wasnít drafted isnít due to ability, itís 100% due to his knee. Teams were scared of the knee and how well it would hold up in the NFL. If it canít hold up then he probably wonít last long obviously but if he defies the odds and is able to play on it then he might be giving the eagles something else to think about in 2023.

The eagles said they are committed to hurts but I just think the fact that they gave Carson strong one of the biggest UDFA contracts ever says that they are definitely looking at other options.
    I think you we will see a unconventional offense from them this year . Way more RPA with a additional Pass Run option for JH . Only thing is heís gotta make a lot of decisions fast with that and heís gotta make the right ones .

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Youíre also talking about a first year coaching staff. I donít buy this 0-7 without context. Revamped team with proper personnel and now year two with Gannon and sirianni.
    True. Itís a young coaching staff that started learning from their mistakes about mid season last year.

But bringing back Barnett is subtraction by addition.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

I donít know if I agree with that. A lot of eagle fans have a difference of opinion on him. We all hate the countless penalties that he brings, but sometimes he shows a lot of potential too. Not saying heís gonna be Brandon Graham but Graham took like 4 or 5 years to catch on. I think Graham didnít start to really ball out till his 2nd contract. Now that Barnett has signed his 2nd contract we will see how he does.

Itís weird to bring a rookie into conversations like this, I know, but I also think Jordan Davis is just gonna make everybodyís job easier by taking on multiple blockers. I think a guy like Jordan Davis benefits a guy like Barnett quite a bit. Somebody on that DL might have a breakout year due to playing next to Davis, maybe Barnett who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

One player who isnít going to be that big of a contributor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

One player who isnít going to be that big of a contributor?
    Yeah heís like the eagles 4th or 5th best pass rusher at best. Bringing him back as a rotational piece isnít a bad move in my opinion. Now if he was gonna be the main guy rushing the QB and was paid like it then yeah, I think thatíd be a bad move.

Bringing back Barnett was a waste of resources. That and giving Fletcher Cox 14 mil after cutting him and dumping cap charges into later seasons is also a waste of resources. Nobody was going to give either of them that much money. Those are really the only missteps Howie has had this off-season.

Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast