Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 730 of 798 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732740780 ... LastLast
Results 10,936 to 10,950 of 11969
  1. #10936
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,485
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There is literally NEVER a bill that doesn’t have pork. There is no miracle bill from our or anyone’s past that didn’t have pork in it. If you’re going to vote against every bill that has pork, then you will literally never vote for a single bill and honestly that is the stupidest proposition for a legislator.
    You are wrong about "pork" however no one is speaking that there is "pork" in it.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  2. #10937
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49,067
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I never implied there was "Pork" in the bill. NYY stated it, but I did not infer it. Man you get beat a lot by the former pizza driver.
    Of all your toxic traits (stupidity, arrogance, etc.) your lying is probably the worst:

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Because the bill isn't standalone usually.

    You absolutely implied there was pork in the bill. Now tell us another lie and claim you beat me.
    Last edited by valade16; 11-25-2022 at 06:55 PM.

  3. #10938
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49,067
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why doesn’t the bill define the word “the”? How are we supposed to know what that word means if each bill doesn’t say?!?!
    I get why someone as illiterate as Brett would demand a definition of all the multi-syllable words in a document. Luckily, the rest of us don't need it however.

  4. #10939
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I will make one more comment and stop here.
    The terms within bills are purposely vague so that courts will have to decide what they mean. The wording of the bills allows lawmakers to placate their constituents.
    No need to respond to this statement.
    That's still 1000x better than what we have right now, which is completely unchecked price gouging that is tanking the economy for the middle and lower class.

  5. #10940
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,068
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    That's still 1000x better than what we have right now, which is completely unchecked price gouging that is tanking the economy for the middle and lower class.
    Who has it better than oil companies? One could find an easy argument they were making up for money lost in 2020 and 2021. They can't blame outside inflationary factors because they contribute to its cycle. Drive up oil prices, drive up inflation further. All this so you can hear conservatives talk about a shared pipeline with Canada and how oil industries don't have enough land to drill in North America which isn't true. If it was, there wouldn't be 10 million acres of legally permitted land oil companies own but don't drill.

    Anyone who thinks its strictly a supply and demand issue is crazy. Oil companies monopolize most of the world's way of getting around. Its of no benefit to them to go out of their way to suppress oil prices by producing more. Not when record profits can go into the hands of princes, oil company executives, and shareholders.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-26-2022 at 12:05 AM.

  6. #10941
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who has it better than oil companies? One could find an easy argument they were making up for money lost in 2020 and 2021. They can't blame outside inflationary factors because they contribute to its cycle. Drive up oil prices, drive up inflation further. All this so you can hear conservatives talk about a shared pipeline with Canada and how oil industries don't have enough land to drill in North America which isn't true. If it was, there wouldn't be 10 million acres of legally permitted land oil companies own but don't drill.

    Anyone who thinks its strictly a supply and demand issue is crazy. Oil companies monopolize most of the world's way of getting around. Its of no benefit to them to go out of their way to suppress oil prices by producing more. Not when record profits can go into the hands of princes, oil company executives, and shareholders.
    One can only hope that republican voters will eventually realize that their representatives have actually done nothing to improve their lives except have those feel-good nazi rallies.

    Even right now, republicans who control the house are not prioritizing inflation or gas prices, some of the things they campaigned on. Instead, they'll continue to scream about how bad things are while doing nothing about it. Just see Texas for their primary strategy.

  7. #10942
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,820
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    One can only hope that republican voters will eventually realize that their representatives have actually done nothing to improve their lives except have those feel-good nazi rallies.

    Even right now, republicans who control the house are not prioritizing inflation or gas prices, some of the things they campaigned on. Instead, they'll continue to scream about how bad things are while doing nothing about it. Just see Texas for their primary strategy.
    The Nazi propaganda isn’t a glitch or a bug. It’s a feature.

  8. #10943
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,820
    The next two years:


  9. #10944
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,820
    A new title will be given to Nancy Pelosi after the new congress is sworn in: Speaker Emerita.

    Democrats respect Nancy meanwhile Republicans don’t have an iota of respect for Kevin.

  10. #10945
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,485
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    A new title will be given to Nancy Pelosi after the new congress is sworn in: Speaker Emerita.

    Democrats respect Nancy meanwhile Republicans don’t have an iota of respect for Kevin.
    A title given by democrats. Call her Queen or Empress while they are at it. Just as meaningful.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  11. #10946
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    A title given by democrats. Call her Queen or Empress while they are at it. Just as meaningful.
    Definitely more dignified than this:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...-israel-title/

    President Trump on Wednesday tweeted a fawning quote from a non-Jewish conservative radio host who described Trump as the “King of Israel” and who said, without evidence, that Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God.”

    Trump’s tweets cited Wayne Allyn Root, who described himself in a 2016 Townhall column as a “Jew turned evangelical Christian” and has promoted several conspiracy theories in the past, including that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States and that he is gay.

    “The Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel,” Trump quoted Root as saying. “They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore.”

    Trump’s tweets made “King of Israel” the leading trending topic of the day on Twitter, generating many baffled and outraged responses. Later Wednesday, Trump said “I am the chosen one” to fix the U.S. trade imbalance with China, as he looked to the sky.

  12. #10947
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,485
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Definitely more dignified than this:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...-israel-title/

    President Trump on Wednesday tweeted a fawning quote from a non-Jewish conservative radio host who described Trump as the “King of Israel” and who said, without evidence, that Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God.”

    Trump’s tweets cited Wayne Allyn Root, who described himself in a 2016 Townhall column as a “Jew turned evangelical Christian” and has promoted several conspiracy theories in the past, including that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States and that he is gay.

    “The Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel,” Trump quoted Root as saying. “They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore.”

    Trump’s tweets made “King of Israel” the leading trending topic of the day on Twitter, generating many baffled and outraged responses. Later Wednesday, Trump said “I am the chosen one” to fix the U.S. trade imbalance with China, as he looked to the sky.
    equally meaningless.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  13. #10948
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    equally meaningless.
    Not equal in any way.

    A group of peers honoring the decades of service of one of their colleagues is not even close to a narcissist giving himself the title of "chosen one".

  14. #10949
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,195
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Not equal in any way.

    A group of peers honoring the decades of service of one of their colleagues is not even close to a narcissist giving himself the title of "chosen one".
    Brett should know all about fakers annointing themselves as the chosen one.
    Last edited by Crovash; 12-01-2022 at 12:22 PM.

  15. #10950
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,820
    It's amazing how there will always be people ready to hype up mediocre politician Bernard Sanders...

    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •