Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 426 of 730 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 10943
  1. #6376
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Saw where the Minnesota Public School TEACHER'S UNION actually has put out a policy to lay off white teachers before any others in their schools if and when lay-offs are necessary? Amazing display how racism is being executed by the left in this country. I would love to hear from the hand puppets on the left here, how fair that policy is as well as if they think that this will pass the court challenges that will occur.
    I like how you ignore the part about the non-white people being under represented. That racism is built into the system and you're fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  2. #6377
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Its obvious. There are people in the world who make their station in life trying to divide people and encourage heated conflict. I've lived a long time and seen a lot, including racism. The news media is greatly responsible for this constant barrage of racism accusations. I think that basically people are not inherently racist and do not make decisions based on the notion that one person is bad because of the color of their skin. However, that is no money for the media so they trot out racism charges to rile people up and say or do stupid mean things.
    Racism is far older than the media.

    -Stork

  3. #6378
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,171
    The right: can you believe schools would fire white teachers.
    Me: can you believe Texas schools won’t teach Anne Frank anymore?

  4. #6379
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,849
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The right: can you believe schools would fire white teachers.
    Me: can you believe Texas schools won’t teach Anne Frank anymore?
    That’s a tad unfair. They’d be firing white teachers first. Regardless of seniority. Because they’re white. The system is most assuredly biased…but trying to fix racism with more racism is poor form.

    Don’t get me wrong though, book burning is also appalling.

    -Stork

  5. #6380
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,504
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Racism is far older than the media.

    -Stork
    Sure it is. But the media is EVERYWHERE and overwhelms everything. my point is that when the media isn't fair and balanced and is instead intentionally lying and/or slanting its message to attack certain segments of the population it can and does overwhelms fairness and truth. How can an individual even begin to deal with the propaganda facing him?

  6. #6381
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Sure it is. But the media is EVERYWHERE and overwhelms everything. my point is that when the media isn't fair and balanced and is instead intentionally lying and/or slanting its message to attack certain segments of the population it can and does overwhelms fairness and truth. How can an individual even begin to deal with the propaganda facing him?
    Part of this media overload is simply videos of racism captured by people on their phones. It's not that there wasn't racism before, it's that before we didn't have phones to capture the sheer volume of everyday racism prevalent in this country. Now we are seeing a glimpse of it firsthand, but minorities have seen it the entire time.

  7. #6382
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Sure it is. But the media is EVERYWHERE and overwhelms everything. my point is that when the media isn't fair and balanced and is instead intentionally lying and/or slanting its message to attack certain segments of the population it can and does overwhelms fairness and truth. How can an individual even begin to deal with the propaganda facing him?
    If the media you consume is urging you towards hatred for people based on insignificant dross, perhaps you should consider the source and move on.

    Unfortunately, most folks are ignorant sheep and don’t consider the source.

    Media exacerbates, no question…but people need to be responsible for their own ****.

    -Stork
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  8. #6383
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Part of this media overload is simply videos of racism captured by people on their phones. It's not that there wasn't racism before, it's that before we didn't have phones to capture the sheer volume of everyday racism prevalent in this country. Now we are seeing a glimpse of it firsthand, but minorities have seen it the entire time.
    To what degree is there over-emphasis on the negative?

    I'm told the south is super racist, and steeped in systemic racism, yet more black people than ever are moving out of the Blue States in the North and West back to the south.

    Were seeing a reversing of the great migration in real time.

  9. #6384
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Bernie, you voted for it.


  10. #6385
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,649
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    To what degree is there over-emphasis on the negative?

    I'm told the south is super racist, and steeped in systemic racism, yet more black people than ever are moving out of the Blue States in the North and West back to the south.

    Were seeing a reversing of the great migration in real time.
    There is an under emphasis on the negative if anything. When black people spoke up about the very real negative racism they were experiencing all you and your ilk could talk about were the protests and sporadic violence. You literally ignored the actual issue they were protesting for.

    As for them moving back to the south, they’re moving to large, Democratic, metro areas with large African American populations. They are not moving to the rural, super racist areas, and they are actively trying to overturn the systemic racism.

  11. #6386
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,717

  12. #6387
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,232
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Because it was the only way to get something progressive passed. What? He is not going to vote for the bill because of the pork? He wouldn't vote on any bills in Congress if that was so.

    Why not go after the politicians who insist this be in the package? Too many republicans in that bunch to do that, huh?
    This is true but I will say Congress could have added conditions to the bill in respect to how much money certain companies receive. That the amount of money they received would be based on how many employees they added or at the very least not laying off or outsourcing existing ones (which Intel could still do).

    That said, shame on Intel. Nothing new though. This happens all the time where the primary concern of bigger business is not the employees but the dividends that goes to shareholders. Nice infusion of government money should do well for the stock price too.

  13. #6388
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Because it was the only way to get something progressive passed. What? He is not going to vote for the bill because of the pork? He wouldn't vote on any bills in Congress if that was so.

    Why not go after the politicians who insist this be in the package? Too many republicans in that bunch to do that, huh?
    Then put restrictions in it, or don't vote for it. Or at the very least don't ***** about it after the fact. Like you knew this would happen.

  14. #6389
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    We're going to get like 5k jobs for 50+ Billion.


  15. #6390
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,649
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Then put restrictions in it, or don't vote for it. Or at the very least don't ***** about it after the fact. Like you knew this would happen.
    Did they? What does it say about companies that it was consensus knowledge they'd screw everyone over and what does it say about where your anger is directed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •