Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 619 of 731 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619620621629669719 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 10956
  1. #9271
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Biden was taking credit for gas prices going down..is he to blame for them going back up now? $4.19 per gallon here highest it’s pretty much been

    https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...DFzJ1Xs8LN6psQ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is surely the first time that someone has said that they should get credit for something good and said how someone else should get blame for something bad. I haven't really seen people here who said that Biden isn't to blame for it going up saying he should get credit for it going down. Except of course to mock people, such as yourself, who indicate that he is to blame for it going up but not credit him for it going down. Your approach is just as hypocritical as the person you're mocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  2. #9272
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Free ride is over.


  3. #9273
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,717

  4. #9274
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Biden was taking credit for gas prices going down..is he to blame for them going back up now? $4.19 per gallon here highest it’s pretty much been

    https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...DFzJ1Xs8LN6psQ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like I said, obviously the Democrats don't want to win the midterms anymore.

  5. #9275
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,800
    damn, that was taken right out the GQP playbook.

    "oh crap they have proof we're hypocrites and have no actual platform........GAS PRICES"

  6. #9276
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    damn, that was taken right out the GQP playbook.

    "oh crap they have proof we're hypocrites and have no actual platform........GAS PRICES"
    Did Biden NOT take credit for gas prices going down?

  7. #9277
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332

  8. #9278
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,485
    The cut in oil production by Saudi Arabia and other leading oil-exporting countries like Russia may amount to little more than symbolism, given countervailing forces in the global oil market, Clifford Krauss writes for The New York Times.

    Global inventories and spare capacity are considered to be well below the levels that would assure price stability. And by early next year, European sanctions over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine are intended to tighten, in a bid to curb Russian oil sales.

    Given those circumstances, the cutback by the group known as OPEC Plus would ordinarily push up the price of oil. But now, a decrease in supply coincides with a few crucial factors:

    Demand has fallen in China, which has continued to lock down once-bustling cities to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

    The price of Russian oil is under pressure not only by a slowing economy but also by increased oil production in the United States, Guyana, Brazil and other countries.

    Unable to prod the Saudis to produce more, the United States has released about 160 million barrels of crude from its strategic reserve since March, and could be provoked to release more.
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/10...-power-limited


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  9. #9279
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Thanks Chuck Schumer, so glad you got the best of the mean old orange man.

    https://www.yahoo.com/now/biden-may-...212325051.html
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 10-05-2022 at 01:26 PM.

  10. #9280
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Were litterally running out of our Stratigic oil reserves, and the white house recently corrected the Sec of Energy who said we would be releasing more barrels. That not only are we not doing that were going to try to replenish what we've used.

    We're currently at around 434 million barrels, down from the 660million ish, we had 2 years ago. The idea that were going to release 160 million more seems incredibly unlikely.

  11. #9281
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,485
    I know it's going to be shocking that @DeepBlueCrypto didn't give you the whole story, but prepare to be shocked.

    First, the SRP was only about 13% from it's record high (set during Obama's adminstration) when Trump proposed this.

    Second, the point of his proposal literally was to help the oil industry, however much Forbes may want to say the Democrats were "crowing" about it. But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, Forbes will be happy to tell you themselves:

    One thing President Trump did propose was to top off the SPR when the Covid-19 pandemic was crushing oil demand. In March 2020 President Trump directed the Department of Energy to “fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to its maximum capacity by purchasing 77 million barrels of American-made crude oil.”
    Third, oil drillers themselves didn't like the plan for two reasons: it was difficult to transport to the SRP delivery sites, and a degradation in quality.

    Drillers, meanwhile, say they are balking at the government’s offer to take their oil because it is hard for them to move it from inland fields to the SPR delivery sites on the Gulf Coast, and because they worry placing it in the reserve could compromise the oil’s quality.

    Global oil demand generally averages about 100 million barrels per day, but the pandemic is estimated to have cut that by around 30%. While major oil-producing nations led by Saudi Arabia have cut output and companies are closing wells, the oversupply is projected to linger for months or years leading to waves of bankruptcies in the U.S. energy industry.

    “I don’t see (the SPR program) providing a significant benefit to the masses in Texas,” Ed Longanecker, president of the Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association.
    They also didn't think it would help them enough even with those issues aside.

    President Donald Trump’s plan to fill the U.S. emergency crude oil stockpile has become the centerpiece of his administration’s strategy to shield drillers from a meltdown in energy demand - but company officials and industry groups say the program has been too slow and won’t be enough to save them.
    But, you know.. cool meme, I guess.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  12. #9282
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,485
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Were litterally running out of our Stratigic oil reserves, and the white house recently corrected the Sec of Energy who said we would be releasing more barrels. That not only are we not doing that were going to try to replenish what we've used.

    We're currently at around 434 million barrels, down from the 660million ish, we had 2 years ago. The idea that were going to release 160 million more seems incredibly unlikely.
    Being at 434 million barrels is not "litterally[sic] running out."

    I'm not sure what about it seems "incredibly unlikely" given that your first paragraph says we're releasing more. Did you get confused halfway through this post?


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  13. #9283
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I know it's going to be shocking that @DeepBlueCrypto didn't give you the whole story, but prepare to be shocked.

    First, the SRP was only about 13% from it's record high (set during Obama's adminstration) when Trump proposed this.

    Second, the point of his proposal literally was to help the oil industry, however much Forbes may want to say the Democrats were "crowing" about it. But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, Forbes will be happy to tell you themselves:



    Third, oil drillers themselves didn't like the plan for two reasons: it was difficult to transport to the SRP delivery sites, and a degradation in quality.



    They also didn't think it would help them enough even with those issues aside.



    But, you know.. cool meme, I guess.
    So what if it was near it's record high, it's oil, it's not going to expire, and your buying extremely low. The whole point of the SOR is you don't know when you will need it.


    I agree that he was trying to help the oil industry because this was at the time they were drowning and prices were deeply negative. That's why people keep bringing up the fact that he called SA and asked them to cut production as if it has anything to do with our current gas prices.

    The idea that oil companies have the logistical ability to transport millions of barrels of oil around the world, but lack the capacity to transport oil domestically is asinine.
    And why would the barrels of oil they were producing at the time suddenly degrade in quality at that price?

    Ask yourself this, if these were problems then, why have they suddenly gone away now?
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 10-05-2022 at 01:46 PM.

  14. #9284
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Being at 434 million barrels is not "litterally[sic] running out."

    I'm not sure what about it seems "incredibly unlikely" given that your first paragraph says we're releasing more. Did you get confused halfway through this post?
    We're at 434 million-ish, lets say you are right that they're going to drop it by another 160 million which leaves us with 274 million or about 1/3 of our maximum. Oh and we could get dragged into a war with Russia or China any day now.

    We could release another 160 million barrels, and we'd be able to do that one more time but that's about it.
    Also, I would hope we wouldn't send these barrels to china again like the last time.

  15. #9285
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,485
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So what if it was near it's record high, it's oil, it's not going to expire, and your buying extremely low. The whole point of the SOR is you don't know when you will need it.


    I agree that he was trying to help the oil industry because this was at the time they were drowning and prices were deeply negative. That's why people keep bringing up the fact that he called SA and asked them to cut production as if it has anything to do with our current gas prices.

    The idea that oil companies have the logistical ability to transport millions of barrels of oil around the world, but lack the capacity to transport oil domestically is asinine.
    And why would the barrels of oil they were producing at the time suddenly degrade in quality at that price?

    Ask yourself this, if these were problems then, why have they suddenly gone away now?
    I guess now we know you didn't look at either article I linked.

    You're the one bringing up Biden adding to the Strategic Oil Reserve at higher prices now as if it's the same situation; why does one apply and the other doesn't?

    I'm also not the one who said it was difficult for them to move it from the drilling sites to the delivery sites; that was them. I even quoted that part for you and you still apparently didn't read it. Here's more:

    The DOE’s SPR loan proposal asked companies to deliver sweet crude oil to its sites either in Bayou Choctaw, Louisiana, or Big Hill or Bryan Mound in Texas. It is taking sour crude at the West Hackberry site in Louisiana.

    Many small producers find it challenging to access those salt caverns dotting the U.S. Gulf Coast.

    While several pipelines connect inland shale fields to the Gulf Coast region, space on the lines is either locked up by large oil companies or not worth the expense now as oil prices have crashed, traders said.
    They're also the ones that said it would lead to a reduction in quality:

    Companies are concerned about what storing their oil in the SPR would do to its quality, some traders said. Much of the oil stored in the SPR is blended together, meaning producers of high-quality oil could be degrading their product.
    Now why do you think those problems might not be as relevant with oil prices higher now?


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •