Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 315 of 430 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 6441
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Democrats were so butthurt about Trump winning the election in ‘16 they wanted to impeach him the next day

But let’s talk about accepting the results of the election!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You adorable lil' guy, you.

Forgive me but I don’t remember if this thread was the one ManRam brought up nationalizing the oil industry or not but I found his gas station sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I don't remember Trump installing a fascist government. Kind of a key difference here. Hitler was actually a fascist. Trump was just the president. He ran on policies that were quite similar to most 90s democrats. Crazy, don't remember Bill Clinton being called a fascist all that much.
    Do you remember him trying to?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don’t know if you just keep ignoring that Trump tried to illegally remain in power through several ways or you’ve just blocked it from your mind.
    They don’t care, anything to win the culture war against the evil left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Forgive me but I don’t remember if this thread was the one ManRam brought up nationalizing the oil industry or not but I found his gas station sticker.

Sage advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Would someone who espouses the great replacement theory who also supported Trump overriding the will of the people to forcefully secure a second term....not be fascistic?

That's not a hypothetical person. There are many prominent politicians that fit that. Those two things -- intense nationalism/racism and a dictator with absolute power forcefully suppressing opposition -- aren't anomalies among Trumpists and are going to be in every single definition of fascism you can find.

The election conspiracies and attempts to overturn the election are fascistic. Hard stop. No one else has done what Trump tried to do. Hard stop.
    Who is this person you're talking about, I never have promoted the great replacement theory personally, and I don't think Trump has either.
    That said, let's not pretend that the theory (while crazy) came out of thin air, democrats have been promoting for decades the idea of the "coalition of the ascendent" and that "demographics are destiny". What do you think that ****ing means?
    https://time.com/6077158/pew-election-2020-report/
    It’s become something of a cliché in Washington for Democratic strategists to assert that “demographics are destiny.” What they mean is that the diversifying electorate—and the shrinking role of white voters—will render Republicans incapable of sustaining power for much longer. After Barack Obama won in 2008, Democratic legend James Caville even wrote a book predicting as much; 40 More Years: How Democrats Will Rule the Next Generation remains a fantastic, if flawed, reading of America’s trajectory.
    BTW this idea that democrat politicians, pundits, journalists, and academics have been pushing and even celebrating is INCREDIBLY RACIST since it presumes people are going to vote in specific ways not based on policies and what would benefit them, but based on their skin color.

Election conspiracies and undermining democracy are not uniquely fascist. We've seen leftist govt (particularly in Latin Am) spend years decrying every loss as a plot by the USA (sometimes the claims are accurate) and actively funding VIOLENT guerrilla groups to overthrow legitimate govts (groups such as FARC) or just overthrow their elected congress and toss out their constitution to make a new congress that's loyal to the current leftist govt (Venezuela)

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Defund. Whatever. Pardon my typo! But honestly, "Demilitarize" works. It's not what I meant, but I'd like our defense spending to go towards peace-keeping efforts and not pointless forever wars. Perhaps that's "demilitarizing"! But defunding is a must and if you disagree you are flat out an idiot. Even Trump ran on this.

Either way, great insight, as always chief! Latch onto one word, ignore everything else. Always enjoy "discussing" "politics" with you guys!

Do you think our military is overfunded? Do you think the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan weren't a waste of money? Do you think it's the best use of our taxpayer dollars?

Y'all cry about taxes so much yet are so comfortable with the insane ways our government prioritizes spending our tax dollars. I hate paying taxes too! But that's mostly because it all goes towards awful things rather than reinvesting it in the American people and our communities. I feel that shouldn't be controversial.
    You'll find in practice our *peacekeeping* efforts will look practically identical to our forever wars.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    You'll find in practice our *peacekeeping* efforts will look practically identical to our forever wars.
    That's what happens when you play world police. Until that changes, expect increasingly bigger defense budgets.

Yes. Europe was so peaceful before the USA.

When has America intervened succesfully to do sonme good guys?

Not counting WWII. Not counting Korea. Not counting Japan.

Least violent time in human history.

More countries joining the first world than ever.

Helping Ukraine right now. Hawaii. Guam. Puerto Rico.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Yes. Europe was so peaceful before the USA.

When has America intervened succesfully to do sonme good guys?

Not counting WWII. Not counting Korea. Not counting Japan.

Least violent time in human history.

More countries joining the first world than ever.

Helping Ukraine right now. Hawaii. Guam. Puerto Rico.
    I'd say the Phillipines, Taiwan, New Zealand, and Australia wouldn't be independent countries either.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Who is this person you're talking about, I never have promoted the great replacement theory personally, and I don't think Trump has either.
    That said, let's not pretend that the theory (while crazy) came out of thin air, democrats have been promoting for decades the idea of the "coalition of the ascendent" and that "demographics are destiny". What do you think that ****ing means?
    https://time.com/6077158/pew-election-2020-report/

BTW this idea that democrat politicians, pundits, journalists, and academics have been pushing and even celebrating is INCREDIBLY RACIST since it presumes people are going to vote in specific ways not based on policies and what would benefit them, but based on their skin color.

Election conspiracies and undermining democracy are not uniquely fascist. We've seen leftist govt (particularly in Latin Am) spend years decrying every loss as a plot by the USA (sometimes the claims are accurate) and actively funding VIOLENT guerrilla groups to overthrow legitimate govts (groups such as FARC) or just overthrow their elected congress and toss out their constitution to make a new congress that's loyal to the current leftist govt (Venezuela)
    “I don’t believe in the Great Replacement Theory but also it’s true”

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    “I don’t believe in the Great Replacement Theory but also it’s true”
    They think we’re ****ing stupid.

I usually don't post here kinda curious to get some opinions about this... one thing for sure I don't understand that the dems are doing is this title IV stuff where transgender people who identify as female but are actually male will be allowed to participate on the female teams. I don't know about you guys but I can hit a softball a lot further than any female I know, and none of them have a chance against me in basketball either, but there's certainly plenty of guys I know that are better than me. It doesn't seem right.

I know Republicans in here hate this cuz most of them hate trans or gay people anyway, but what do other democrats in here think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I usually don't post here kinda curious to get some opinions about this... one thing for sure I don't understand that the dems are doing is this title IV stuff where transgender people who identify as female but are actually male will be allowed to participate on the female teams. I don't know about you guys but I can hit a softball a lot further than any female I know, and none of them have a chance against me in basketball either, but there's certainly plenty of guys I know that are better than me. It doesn't seem right.

I know Republicans in here hate this cuz most of them hate trans or gay people anyway, but what do other democrats in here think about this?
    I think it’s a way for Republicans to gin up hatred like most everything else they do. There are maybe a half dozen people these policies will affect in all 50 states. Meanwhile the extremely high number of trans people who contemplate suicide become the victims of verbal and physical assaults. They victimize these folks to score political points. So I couldn’t care less if the half dozen or so folks aren’t allowed to compete in sports. I’m concerned with the folks that conservatives try to drive towards suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think it’s a way for Republicans to gin up hatred like most everything else they do. There are maybe a half dozen people these policies will affect in all 50 states. Meanwhile the extremely high number of trans people who contemplate suicide become the victims of verbal and physical assaults. They victimize these folks to score political points. So I couldn’t care less if the half dozen or so folks aren’t allowed to compete in sports. I’m concerned with the folks that conservatives try to drive towards suicide.
    I get that... But I'm not clear if you agree or disagree with the expansion of title IV and think trans men should or should not be playing women sports?