Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 214 of 324 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4857
  1. #3196
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8,281
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Can they? Again, going back to the USTR fact sheet I linked a couple pages back:



    You're simply assuming they have the capability to do this, without knowing whether or not they're already running at capacity, or apparently the shortage (though not as bad) they're also experiencing in Canada. Per the CBC:



    That was from this morning.
    From the first sentence of the article you posted.
    "Toronto store shelves are starting to empty as a formula shortage in the U.S. appears to be affecting retail here in Canada"

    This suggests that formula HAS been going from Canada to the US, and that the excise tax hasn't prevented it.

    Also, if they're also experiencing shortages, I doubt that this.
    "Canada has also committed to adopt measures designed to limit the impact of any surplus skim milk production on external markets."

    Has been much of a problem.

    Also, the Abbot plant shut down 3 months ago. We started experiencing shortages then. (They're obviously way worse now).
    Why is the govt NOW doing something about this?
    I'm sorry Trump isn't to blame for the bad management at Abbot and lack of action by the Biden admin.

  2. #3197
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    We weren’t taking about Musk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My bad, I saw a discussion about Musk and Twitter, etc, and thought that this was part of it. Thank you for the correction.

  3. #3198
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105,701
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    All tech stocks dipped, including Twitter.
    Twitter’s stock price YTD: -5%
    Tesla’s stock price YTD: -36%

  4. #3199
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105,701
    When we fight for something good for us, it’s attacked and portrayed in a negative light. I will say right now I would put in my two weeks if they told me I had to go back into the office. I’m done with in office work.


  5. #3200
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8,281
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    When we fight for something good for us, it’s attacked and portrayed in a negative light. I will say right now I would put in my two weeks if they told me I had to go back into the office. I’m done with in office work.

    Agreed, **** turn a lot of those downtown office buildings into ****ing apt, have it be hybrid if you need to. Have the top 15 stories be business and the bottom 15 be residential.

    I'm looking for a new job now, and remote work is my number one priority. Even above pay and benifits.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 05-14-2022 at 12:25 AM.

  6. #3201
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8,281
    I'm not blaming Biden, but I don't know where else to put this ****.

    I would like to remind people that the Arab spring actually started due to food shortages.


  7. #3202
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8,281
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Twitter’s stock price YTD: -5%
    Tesla’s stock price YTD: -36%
    Tesla had a bigger range to drop.

  8. #3203
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105,701
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Tesla had a bigger range to drop.
    Which is why looking at the percentages is more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

  9. #3204
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,512
    This from Pam Bondi when asked about the baby formula problem:

    PAM BONDI: I think they said it, the news is what's driving them. They're reactive. And, you know, as being part of America First Policy Institute, we advance the policies that put America first. Most of our chairs were all people that came out of the Trump White House. And I can tell you definitively what Donald Trump would have done. Those CEOs of those four corporations, the four corporations that manufacture the majority of baby formula in our country. They would have been sitting in the Oval Office with the CEO of our country, Donald Trump, and they would have come up with a solution. Donald Trump would have invoked the Defense Protection Act. He would have a point person assigned immediately to make sure this crisis was solved. And it is a crisis. And he would have put the FDA on warp speed, as we've seen him do in the past. And if someone didn't help solve this, they would be fired. That's what President Trump would have done. And we wouldn't have been faced with the reactiveness that we're seeing now from this White House and it's just a shame that our country has come to this.

    ………

    This is what successful business people do. Take a problem and find a solution. If that solution does not work, find another solution. Politicians will never get this.

  10. #3205
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,512
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Agreed, **** turn a lot of those downtown office buildings into ****ing apt, have it be hybrid if you need to. Have the top 15 stories be business and the bottom 15 be residential.

    I'm looking for a new job now, and remote work is my number one priority. Even above pay and benifits.
    Working from your home sounds great but there are drawbacks. Your employer will know what you can do but not get to know whoo you are. Will not know if you are a team player or not. Will not gain any insight into your character. You will not be available to pitch in in another area that may require manual labor (it happens sometimes). And your employer will never fully believe that you are working all the time. You will become a "quantity" and maybe a very good "quantity" but you will not be considered as the same asset as someone who is always there and whose character and willingness to pitch in are known.

    And to add to that……most of my closest friends come from working with them on a personal level…be it co workers or customers. I met my wife and the my best man on the job. My regular poker group and golf gang were from the job. And thru these relationships you learn who to trust and rely on. Working from home……you meet no one and may become like some of the idiotic posters here, who probably work and do schooling from home. You develop as a human being by being in contact with other human beings.

    It is also why I am against "on-line" colleges.

  11. #3206
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This from Pam Bondi when asked about the baby formula problem:

    PAM BONDI: I think they said it, the news is what's driving them. They're reactive. And, you know, as being part of America First Policy Institute, we advance the policies that put America first. Most of our chairs were all people that came out of the Trump White House. And I can tell you definitively what Donald Trump would have done. Those CEOs of those four corporations, the four corporations that manufacture the majority of baby formula in our country. They would have been sitting in the Oval Office with the CEO of our country, Donald Trump, and they would have come up with a solution. Donald Trump would have invoked the Defense Protection Act. He would have a point person assigned immediately to make sure this crisis was solved. And it is a crisis. And he would have put the FDA on warp speed, as we've seen him do in the past. And if someone didn't help solve this, they would be fired. That's what President Trump would have done. And we wouldn't have been faced with the reactiveness that we're seeing now from this White House and it's just a shame that our country has come to this.

    ………

    This is what successful business people do. Take a problem and find a solution. If that solution does not work, find another solution. Politicians will never get this.
    You're 100% correct. Its what good leaders do. Bring people together to solve problems. Commit to a plan and execute the plan. Look at Musk, for example. Do you think that he would allow a shortage like this to happen like this? No way. They knew about this shortage coming since the beginning of the year and no one did about it in Biden's administration.

  12. #3207
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    9,340
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    When we fight for something good for us, it’s attacked and portrayed in a negative light. I will say right now I would put in my two weeks if they told me I had to go back into the office. I’m done with in office work.

    In many industries, centralized work-spaces are not necessary. You can do accounting work from anywhere you have access to the internet. You can sell items remotely. You can write, produce and broadcast advertisements remotely.
    Showing up at an office and being there 40+ hours a week is likely a thing of the past.
    This said, some people need the structure of an office job and do not do well when working remotely. Other jobs do not lend themselves to remote work.

  13. #3208
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,970

    Joe Biden's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This from Pam Bondi when asked about the baby formula problem:

    PAM BONDI: I think they said it, the news is what's driving them. They're reactive. And, you know, as being part of America First Policy Institute, we advance the policies that put America first. Most of our chairs were all people that came out of the Trump White House. And I can tell you definitively what Donald Trump would have done. Those CEOs of those four corporations, the four corporations that manufacture the majority of baby formula in our country. They would have been sitting in the Oval Office with the CEO of our country, Donald Trump, and they would have come up with a solution. Donald Trump would have invoked the Defense Protection Act. He would have a point person assigned immediately to make sure this crisis was solved. And it is a crisis. And he would have put the FDA on warp speed, as we've seen him do in the past. And if someone didn't help solve this, they would be fired. That's what President Trump would have done. And we wouldn't have been faced with the reactiveness that we're seeing now from this White House and it's just a shame that our country has come to this.

    ………

    This is what successful business people do. Take a problem and find a solution. If that solution does not work, find another solution. Politicians will never get this.
    I remember him being largely against using the Defense Production Act and telling states to solve things themselves.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-14-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #3209
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    64,193
    He's a successful business man for cripes sake!

  15. #3210
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,970
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    He's a successful business man for cripes sake!
    He made an Ice Rink!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •