Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 603 of 730 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603604605613653703 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 10948
  1. #9031
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Where is it?

    Show me something I received or attained that I did not deserve or work for.

    Mid 70s, still working, not a lot of $$$. When does all this privilege kick in.
    No help in……getting into college, getting a credit card, getting a loan, getting a job, buying a car, getting food, getting shelter. Can't afford sports tix (opening for some of you), vacations, travel, nice clothes. I do drink good whiskey.

    When does this privilege kick in??? Are there forms to sign??? Any advocates I can contact???

    Just because some fail, that does not mean that others succeed by "privilege" in some sort of "fixed system."
    I said you had white privilege, not that you'd won the lottery.

    Really, though, we can start with the first thing on your list: Mid 70's. You've already surpassed the life expectancy for blacks in this country; you've not yet reached it for whites.

    You said no help getting a loan, but what you didn't have is active resistance to it; blacks are denied for mortgages at a rate 80% higher than whites. For refinances, they're denied over 30% of the time; the average is 17%.

    The same is true for obtaining a credit card, as shown in a study by the Federal Reserve.

    Buying a car? This is going to shock you, but the story is the same: over 60% of the time, a more qualified black buyer received a higher pricing offer than a less qualified white buyer.

    The issue here is not that you were showered with gifts and money fell out of the sky for you simply because you're white; the issue is that every single thing you listed is made more difficult for someone that is not. Even being born rich doesn't exempt someone from this.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  2. #9032
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,443
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Thats exactly what it is. Judging people by their character, instead of pre judging (we have a word for this) because of their skin. That is exactly what color blindness is. While youre arguing we need completely different moral standards for people based on race.

    As for those other quotes... You cant be ****ing serious. Are you taking color blindness to the most absolute literal extent? Or do you think it JUST MIGHT be referring to how someone is treated by society?

    When you say "btw his dream has become a nightmare" it sounds like youre saying its worse now than it was im the 60s. Like mlk would be in shock and awe at society today.

    Get over yourself and out of your bubble. Im sure MLK wouldnt be calling America today a "nightmare". Im sure hed see progress even if you don't.

    And you werent just "aknowledging they were killed". You were saying i romanticized their deaths, when i never taljed about mlks death. You are using it as a shield though.
    Saying he hopes his children are judged by their character is not a color blind society. He didn't say he hopes the blackness of his children is never acknowledged, he said he hopes they're not judged based on it.

    A color blind society would mean ignoring race entirely, in all things; not only is this unrealistic and not a thing he argued for, it is actively harmful.

    I didn't say his dream had become a nightmare, he said it had become a nightmare four years later, in a Christmas Eve sermon.

    I don't think you're sure at all of what MLK would say or think today, I think you're sure of what the caricature of him that you seem to have in your mind would say or think today. They're not the same thing.

    If you really believe MLK wanted a color blind society, then please explain his open support for what we, today, would call affirmative action.

    I didn't say you romanticized their deaths.

    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Needing to pay with your life in order to fight for basic rights is not "power to make change," it is forced sacrifice in order to try have things white people have enjoyed freely the entire time. You're romanticizing the death and destruction of black people and black families and black wealth because they, occasionally, are successful in what they are trying to do, except they're not even around to see it happen.
    I said you romanticized multiple things, and you acknowledged none of it.

    You also didn't explain how I was using anything as a shield; simply repeating it is obviously not an explanation.

    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Yes Nate. White privelege does exist. But it isnt the only type of privelege. Economic privelege exists. Gender privelege exists.

    So when a upper middle class black person from NYC talks down to a poor white guy from Alabama. Theyre being a ignorant *** hat thats void of self awareness.
    You're trying to have your cake and eat it too here. If white privilege exists, then it exists for the poor white guy from Alabama just as much as it does for a middle class white guy from Ohio. The poor white guy from Alabama is also more likely to be a person that denies white privilege exists to begin with.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  3. #9033
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I have at least 10 hoodies

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    You ****ing thug.

  4. #9034
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    66,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I have 20 pair of white socks.
    You mean hoods?

  5. #9035
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,650
    If MLK were alive today, do you think he’d be for or against BLM?

  6. #9036
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If MLK were alive today, do you think he’d be for or against BLM?
    I think there would be no BLM. Or not one at a size that matters.

    And he would do what he did to other radical black movements during his time.

    Mostly ignore them, and get **** done.

  7. #9037
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,650
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I think there would be no BLM. Or not one at a size that matters.

    And he would do what he did to other radical black movements during his time.

    Mostly ignore them, and get **** done.
    You consider BLM radical?

  8. #9038
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    69,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Where is it?

    Show me something I received or attained that I did not deserve or work for.

    Mid 70s, still working, not a lot of $$$. When does all this privilege kick in.
    No help in……getting into college, getting a credit card, getting a loan, getting a job, buying a car, getting food, getting shelter. Can't afford sports tix (opening for some of you), vacations, travel, nice clothes. I do drink good whiskey.

    When does this privilege kick in??? Are there forms to sign??? Any advocates I can contact???

    Just because some fail, that does not mean that others succeed by "privilege" in some sort of "fixed system."
    Look around your home hypocrite


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #9039
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Straight up, these are the takes i hear from middle to upper middle class people. Ive never in my life heard a poor black person, or any poor person of color for that matter, claim black people cant be racist.

    It just comes off as a way to excuse being ****** to people for something they have no control over. What color of skin they were born with.

    I think we should all be pushing for a society that doesnt hold different standards of tolerance for different shades of people.

    And just because youre black, doesnt make you an ambassador for all of black people. If youre a black person who went to college, paid in full by your family, its pretty ridiculous for you to be talking down to dirt poor white people about their "privelege". Its the sort of cry bully antics that has turned people off completely from the far left. And its why every cause they touch crumbles.
    I still think you're confusing racism and prejudice. A poor black person can have a prejudice against someone of another race, but because they don't have power or influence over that person's life then it's not racism. That black person isn't part of the systemic racist structure so they can't even do it with their vote.

  10. #9040
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Where is it?

    Show me something I received or attained that I did not deserve or work for.

    Mid 70s, still working, not a lot of $$$. When does all this privilege kick in.
    No help in……getting into college, getting a credit card, getting a loan, getting a job, buying a car, getting food, getting shelter. Can't afford sports tix (opening for some of you), vacations, travel, nice clothes. I do drink good whiskey.

    When does this privilege kick in??? Are there forms to sign??? Any advocates I can contact???

    Just because some fail, that does not mean that others succeed by "privilege" in some sort of "fixed system."
    Did you ever walk down a street and worry about a random stranger stopping you to question what you are doing? Did you ever drive a car and worry about the cops pulling you over for no reason? Were you ever sleeping peacefully in your home and have the cops burst through the door and kill you? Did you ever stand outside your home to get some fresh air and have the police called on you?

    If not, that's your privilege

  11. #9041
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,759
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I said you had white privilege, not that you'd won the lottery.

    Really, though, we can start with the first thing on your list: Mid 70's. You've already surpassed the life expectancy for blacks in this country; you've not yet reached it for whites.

    You said no help getting a loan, but what you didn't have is active resistance to it; blacks are denied for mortgages at a rate 80% higher than whites. For refinances, they're denied over 30% of the time; the average is 17%.

    The same is true for obtaining a credit card, as shown in a study by the Federal Reserve.

    Buying a car? This is going to shock you, but the story is the same: over 60% of the time, a more qualified black buyer received a higher pricing offer than a less qualified white buyer.

    The issue here is not that you were showered with gifts and money fell out of the sky for you simply because you're white; the issue is that every single thing you listed is made more difficult for someone that is not. Even being born rich doesn't exempt someone from this.
    Preach

  12. #9042
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,798
    Here’s your president

    https://twitter.com/Nessakins_/statu...iGx0Zoz0oVdh_g


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #9043
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    69,775

    Joe Biden's Presidency

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Here’s your president

    https://twitter.com/Nessakins_/statu...iGx0Zoz0oVdh_g


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What’s the problem? Should he of pushed his way in front of the blind guy?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #9044
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    20,674
    Joe Biden has decided to Continue and finish Trumps Wall . This is interesting because it pisses both sides off and I’m all for that . But again it just shows you what your dealing with regarding a 2 party system . The left hates it because he’s agreeing with Trump and the right hates it …… because he’s agreeing with Trump … lolol.. you can’t make this **** up

  15. #9045
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I said you had white privilege, not that you'd won the lottery.

    Really, though, we can start with the first thing on your list: Mid 70's. You've already surpassed the life expectancy for blacks in this country; you've not yet reached it for whites.

    You said no help getting a loan, but what you didn't have is active resistance to it; blacks are denied for mortgages at a rate 80% higher than whites. For refinances, they're denied over 30% of the time; the average is 17%.

    The same is true for obtaining a credit card, as shown in a study by the Federal Reserve.

    Buying a car? This is going to shock you, but the story is the same: over 60% of the time, a more qualified black buyer received a higher pricing offer than a less qualified white buyer.

    The issue here is not that you were showered with gifts and money fell out of the sky for you simply because you're white; the issue is that every single thing you listed is made more difficult for someone that is not. Even being born rich doesn't exempt someone from this.
    Your response is the perfect example as to why relations between the races in this country will probably never improve. The thrust of your post is that anything and everything negative that happens to minorities happens because of the fact that they are minorities.

    Let's take a look (as if this will go anywhere here)……

    In my mid 70s is already past the life expectancy of minorities. Didn't know that. Could that be because of better eating habits, health habits, living conditions, lack of drug usage, not smoking talking proper care of myself, better education leading to far less stress, better spending habits leading to far less stress etc. Get back to me on that one.

    The rest of your post seems to be related to loans, credit, housing, and cars.

    I've owned 3 homes in my time and probably about 20 - 25 cars (personal, business, kids). Maybe more. I have no idea as to how many credit cards I've had (I have 4 now). I can't recall if I ever had a loan for anything else. On all of these purchases: I wasn't friends with any of the lenders nor did I ever see any of the lenders again after whatever deal was finalized. It is not like we were buds.

    Point is, as I am sure many missed it, is that these deals/loans were analyzed and approved based on credit, income, debt, employment history, education level and other factors. The decisions had nothing to do with what I am. It had everything to do with what I am.

    Second point (you may want to get a pencil and paper for this one)……no lender makes $$$ turning people down. There is no advantage to a lender to decline a valid application. Zero advantage. People that are turned down for loans simply do not qualify for loans……usually because of too much credit card debt, poor payment history, limited income, unprovable income, poor record keeping, too much short term employment and other items.

    I've worked in credit areas. Do you have any idea as to how many credit models there are??? We all know there are 3 primary bureaus was all (so how do they know the applicant is a minority??? Hmmmm); but lenders go way beyond that. There are over 15 different credit "models" for analyzing credit depending on what the loans is for, amount etc. Some of these models are used in an effort to mitigate problems on the simple score and rate the applicant with a different approach. In short, it is another effort to try to make the loan. And credit scores are extremely sensitive……I recently mailed in a vehicle lease payment that was lost in the mail. The leasing company sees this as no payment/late payment (they're not going to believe me). I had not pay it over the phone with almost $40 in late fees and charges and my credit score dropped 37 points over something that was not my fault.

    To sit there and tell me that this is all racially motivated is crap.The one advantage that I have over many minorities is a solid foundation. Parents (each with no HS diploma) at home every night, same to it that we went to Catholic schools, went to church every Sunday and they imparted moral and ethical values. Many minorities are sorely missing this and they suffer for it. Minorities that have these values do just as well as anyone else (Asians, Indians).

    If you are a failure and a minority, it is pretty easy to push the blame somewhere else. Just has to be racism. I mean, what else could it possibly be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •