Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 601 of 730 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611651701 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 10944
  1. #9001
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,192
    I was told there would be freedom of speech! Could I have been lied to? No…must be Antifa!


  2. #9002
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I feel cpmfprtasble in saying that given my age and experience that I have "interacted with (FAR MORE) people from all different backgrounds (ethnic, economic, etc.)

    So here are two observations from your comment.

    1 You are extremely naive

    2 (pay attention to this one) you should keep in mind a that walk down a street with non-white wearing hoodies may be a one time event.
    Ah so you're a boomer. It's all starting to make sense now.

  3. #9003
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Staying home or not voting accomplishes nothing unless you know absolutely nothing about candidates on the slate.\\Many repubs do not like Trump but recognize that he is better for the US than Hilly or Pappy.

    And bear in mind that Trump, Hilly or Pappy have had or would have had zero to little affect on me and my family personally. Regardless of what happens……I can afford the food, I can afford the gas and I can pretty much ignore the social problems. They are little more than an inconvenience to me.

    I look at which of the prez candidates are best for the US as a whole……and it was Trump. I look at local candidates (who will have much more of a direct impact on me) in a different way.

    I said this during the Trump admin……If the Trumps were my neighbor on one side of me and Obamas were on the other side, I would be way more friendly with the Obamas (dinner, drinks, BBQ, travel etc) than I would with the Trumps. But I would want Trump on the HOA. He is a boorish loudmouth that gets things done.
    Wow, you literally state how out of touch you are with the average american experience and then claim to make a decision about what is best for the country. I thought the elderly couldn't be naive?

  4. #9004
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Not implying "death" (though that has happened). I am describing an unpleasant situation that you may avoid in the future.

    Am implying ……which situation would you feel safer.

    Know anyone who owns or manages a store??? Ask them if they feel more worried with 4-5 people coming in wearing MAGA hats or 4-5 minorities wearing hoodies.

    And how come all those videos we see on an almost daily basis always seem to show the local tghugs wearing hoodies???
    I think it's more likely I'd be stopped by some white person questioning anything I'm doing which has a higher chance of leading to my death at the hands of a cop. That's a sad reality that you have no idea about.

    Know any black person that likes jogging? Likes standing on their porch? Likes driving a nice car? Like's walking down the street minding their own business? Ask them if they feel more worred with 4-5 maga hats coming their way or 4-5 non-white people wearing hoodies.

    Stop thinking your privileged white existence is THE american experience.

    Naive

  5. #9005
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Don't know.

    What I do know is that the "hoodie" image is a cause for concern for many people.

    5 Guys walk into a subway car wearing a suit and a tie and carrying a briefcase……no one even notices them.

    5 bros walk into a subway car wearing hoodies and carrying gym bags … everyone notices them and keeps an awareness about them.

    One of the problems here is that many of you confuse "racism" with "reality."

    The fact is is that many minorities have a God awful image that people see and remember. That's just reality. And a big part of that image is, quite frankly, worked on by those minorities. I never worry about being disrespected or rarely feel that I am disrespected. Yet minorities throw out the "respect" portion of the race card constantly.

    Why is it so important for many minorities to have a "tough guy" or a "cool dude" image??? In a multitude of situations this need just oozes off some of them. It does them no good and causes others (not just me) to avoid or ignore them. Saw this a few months ago. Pricey restaurant/ Guy comes in wearing a hoodie, (hood up) baseball cap, and dark sunglasses. The ole no-smile permanent scowl look and rarely spoke to his woman. (I was sitting at the next table.) But I guess he had respect of some kind. Now he can do whatever he wants (no one would even dare suggest a dress code to this guy) but I don't see what he accomplishes with the "act" he seems to be working on. Who would want to hang around him other than others like him. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

    You get what you give and his "vibes" didn't give off much positive.

    But, of course, people can do whatever they want. I'm always trying to improve the odds.
    For many white karens and maga hats. There, fixed it for ya

  6. #9006
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You might be right. But that is what we see on the news time and time again. It's the image,

    And what about what I posted earlier……

    5 Guys walk into a subway car wearing a suit and a tie and carrying a briefcase……no one even notices them.

    5 bros walk into a subway car wearing hoodies and carrying gym bags … everyone notices them and keeps an awareness about them.

    Does this make sense?? Is this right/wrong??? Because this is what happens every day. Think of the image.

    After the 2020 riots, all the looting, all the walk in / walk shoplifting. All the inconvenience caused bay the flash shoplifting……what do you think the image is of minorities in hoodies??? And is it earned and justified???

    And I have a hoodie. Haven't worn it in a few years since it never really gets cold down here and the last few winters have been incredibly warm. But I've go one somewhere.
    You forgot the third scenario:

    5 call of duty wannabe y'all queda proud boys walk into a subway car with their maga hats and camo gear. There will definitely be people leaving that subway car. Did you watch the insurrection attempt where people were murdered?

  7. #9007
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    I think it's more likely I'd be stopped by some white person questioning anything I'm doing which has a higher chance of leading to my death at the hands of a cop. That's a sad reality that you have no idea about.

    Know any black person that likes jogging? Likes standing on their porch? Likes driving a nice car? Like's walking down the street minding their own business? Ask them if they feel more worred with 4-5 maga hats coming their way or 4-5 non-white people wearing hoodies.

    Stop thinking your privileged white existence is THE american experience.

    Naive
    Like I said………naive.

    Let me know where I can get in on this privilege because I haven's seen it yet. Is there an ID card or something that I can send away for??

    And it is American with a capital "A"."

  8. #9008
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    For many white karens and maga hats. There, fixed it for ya
    Like I said……naive.

  9. #9009
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Wow, you literally state how out of touch you are with the average American experience and then claim to make a decision about what is best for the country. I thought the elderly couldn't be naive?
    Fixed it.

    We're not naive. We are experienced and savvy. Most of us are pretty carefree.

  10. #9010
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Fixed it.

    We're not naive. We are experienced and savvy. Most of us are pretty carefree.
    So long as there’s no minority in a hoodie around.

  11. #9011
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Like I said………naive.

    Let me know where I can get in on this privilege because I haven's seen it yet. Is there an ID card or something that I can send away for??

    And it is American with a capital "A"."
    You've been "getting in on this privilege" your entire life.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  12. #9012
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    This is why things like CRT and other trainings are necessary for our country. There is a fundamental misunderstanding about what racism is. An important component of it is power and influence, even with one's vote.
    This is not some colloquial definition or understanding of racism. I dont know why lefties think they are explaining some universal definition.

    This whole take is reductionist as ****, and makes fighting racism impossible. Because it perpetuates it.

    Its also super condescending to black people. Because it pushes the idea that they have zero power to change their circumstances. Not just as individuaks but through legal means. Which is a big slap in the face to people have enacted change. Such as MLK?

    Peoe that push this garbage are the same ones that say America has not gotten any less racist since the 60s. So we should give up on MLKs dream and abandon striving for a color blind society.

    Its horse ****.

  13. #9013
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,649
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    This is not some colloquial definition or understanding of racism. I dont know why lefties think they are explaining some universal definition.

    This whole take is reductionist as ****, and makes fighting racism impossible. Because it perpetuates it.

    Its also super condescending to black people. Because it pushes the idea that they have zero power to change their circumstances. Not just as individuaks but through legal means. Which is a big slap in the face to people have enacted change. Such as MLK?

    Peoe that push this garbage are the same ones that say America has not gotten any less racist since the 60s. So we should give up on MLKs dream and abandon striving for a color blind society.

    Its horse ****.
    I disagree with the idea that minorities can’t be racist because they lack the power dynamics. I believe there is racism and there is systemic racism. Acknowledging systemic racism doesn’t push the idea that they have zero power to change their circumstances, it acknowledges a simple truth. There are racial inequities in our system.

    Telling people that the system is stacked in favor of the wealthy doesn’t push the idea that you cannot ever get rich, it’s just an acknowledgment that it’s harder for you to become rich if you start off poor. It’s the same thing.

  14. #9014
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,437
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    This is not some colloquial definition or understanding of racism. I dont know why lefties think they are explaining some universal definition.

    This whole take is reductionist as ****, and makes fighting racism impossible. Because it perpetuates it.

    Its also super condescending to black people. Because it pushes the idea that they have zero power to change their circumstances. Not just as individuaks but through legal means. Which is a big slap in the face to people have enacted change. Such as MLK?

    Peoe that push this garbage are the same ones that say America has not gotten any less racist since the 60s. So we should give up on MLKs dream and abandon striving for a color blind society.

    Its horse ****.
    What? No it doesn't. It recognizes the reality of the situation. Remind me again what happened to MLK? Died peacefully of old age, I think it was? And Malcom X too, right? John Lewis was able to peacefully cross the bridge in Selma, too, I'm sure. Black Wall Street is still a thriving, wealthy area of Tulsa, and the Osage Neighborhood in Philadelphia was never bombed by the police department.

    Needing to pay with your life in order to fight for basic rights is not "power to make change," it is forced sacrifice in order to try have things white people have enjoyed freely the entire time. You're romanticizing the death and destruction of black people and black families and black wealth because they, occasionally, are successful in what they are trying to do, except they're not even around to see it happen.

    Can you show me where MLK said we should have a color blind society?


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  15. #9015
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    Straight up, these are the takes i hear from middle to upper middle class people. Ive never in my life heard a poor black person, or any poor person of color for that matter, claim black people cant be racist.

    It just comes off as a way to excuse being ****** to people for something they have no control over. What color of skin they were born with.

    I think we should all be pushing for a society that doesnt hold different standards of tolerance for different shades of people.

    And just because youre black, doesnt make you an ambassador for all of black people. If youre a black person who went to college, paid in full by your family, its pretty ridiculous for you to be talking down to dirt poor white people about their "privelege". Its the sort of cry bully antics that has turned people off completely from the far left. And its why every cause they touch crumbles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •