Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 599 of 730 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649699 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 10949
  1. #8971
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,459
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It’s absolutely bizarre he’s trying to compare a very specific hat with a specific message with a general article of clothing.

    I’ve seen as many Good Ole Boys wearing a hoodie as I’ve seen black people.
    It's hard to believe it's even a real argument.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  2. #8972
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,655
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You say people that voted for Trump are by default racist. You see a racist when you see someone in a MAGA hat. Stop acting stupid.
    There are as many Trump supporters in hoodies as there are black people. Something tells me you and Sluggo don’t find those guys to be thugs.

    If the Hoodie said “BLM” or something, it’d be similar to your argument. But a hoodie is a pretty ubiquitous piece of clothing. You’ve most likely worn one. So again, what message does a hoodie convey?

  3. #8973
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,655
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It's hard to believe it's even a real argument.
    It’d be like him calling me a hypocrite because I assume everyone wearing an Iron Maiden shirt likes Heavy Metal lol. Yeah, that’s not stereotyping… it’s literally on the shirt.

  4. #8974
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    20,719
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There are as many Trump supporters in hoodies as there are black people. Something tells me you and Sluggo don’t find those guys to be thugs.

    If the Hoodie said “BLM” or something, it’d be similar to your argument. But a hoodie is a pretty ubiquitous piece of clothing. You’ve most likely worn one. So again, what message does a hoodie convey?
    The key point of this conversation has clearly flown directly over your head. Do you or do you not judge a person wearing a red hat?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  5. #8975
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,655
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The key point of this conversation has clearly flown directly over your head. Do you or do you not judge a person wearing a red hat?
    I don’t Judge them. I assume they’re a MAGA supporter. Should I not be assuming that or something?

    Once again: what message does a hoodie convey? Do you judge someone wearing a hoodie?

  6. #8976
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,459
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It’d be like him calling me a hypocrite because I assume everyone wearing an Iron Maiden shirt likes Heavy Metal lol. Yeah, that’s not stereotyping… it’s literally on the shirt.
    It's not hard to find pictures from Jan 6 of people wearing both MAGA hats and hoodies, which are diametrically opposed things... I guess? I don't even know.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  7. #8977
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    no, she isn't. She is black. Black people in the US can't be racist, as racist is not at an individual level per say. Racism is one race administrating superiority over another. A black person in the US can sure be prejudice, or biased, but their opinions do nothing to hurt whites. Whites however, have put policies, laws, lender practices, judicial enforcement, and all sorts of paper roadblocks in place to keep blacks (and people of color) down, and pinned into a cycle of control. That is racism.

    You are racist. You are white, and promote these policies with your voting. Sunny Hostin is not racist. I know, I know, doesn't seem fair that whites can be racist, but blacks can't. But until systematic racism is over (never will be here), and blacks aren't facing roadblocks that you have no idea exist because you are A- White, and B- don't care to research real history, the only population that can be "racist", are whites.

    My opinion anyways..
    This opinion is always so cringe.

  8. #8978
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Interesting take. Anyone of any race can be racist. Racism, IMO, is the hatred by a person of someone else simply because of their skin color. Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, and whites can all be equally racist.
    Racism is simply predjudice based on skin color only.
    This is why things like CRT and other trainings are necessary for our country. There is a fundamental misunderstanding about what racism is. An important component of it is power and influence, even with one's vote.

  9. #8979
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I brought that up in another thread. If conservatives here dislike Trump as much as they say they do, why not stay home? The hate for Democrats must be pretty extreme to A) let Donald Trump be your party's candidate and B) actually come out to vote for him in spite of "not liking" him.
    Or they actually support him but want to keep some semblance of sanity in public.

  10. #8980
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,783
    I can't say this is everyone's experience, but having interacted with people from all different backgrounds (ethnic, economic, etc.) I can say with certainty I would much rather walk down a street with non-white wearing hoodies as opposed to walking down a street with a bunch of white people wearing maga hats. Again, that's just my personal feeling about it but maybe I'd feel different if I were a white person.

  11. #8981
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,213
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Tulsi Gabbard wasn't "squeezed out," she seemingly did everything she could to get Democrats not to vote for her. There's a reason guys like you and catman would've or did vote for her, and why she's filling in for Tucker Carlson now, and it's a pretty obvious one: she's not a Democrat in any real sense of the term.
    Yea it makes no sense to assume were obligated to support her because she ran as a Democrat. She ran with the label but not anything in line with the party’s voters. She saw that white nationalist streak in the country and decided she would like some of that.

    Sluggo supporting her is all the evidence we need to prove she has leaned in HARD to the white nationalist American.

  12. 09-23-2022, 10:13 AM
    Reason
    Racism

  13. #8982
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,623
    Staying home or not voting accomplishes nothing unless you know absolutely nothing about candidates on the slate.\\Many repubs do not like Trump but recognize that he is better for the US than Hilly or Pappy.

    And bear in mind that Trump, Hilly or Pappy have had or would have had zero to little affect on me and my family personally. Regardless of what happens……I can afford the food, I can afford the gas and I can pretty much ignore the social problems. They are little more than an inconvenience to me.

    I look at which of the prez candidates are best for the US as a whole……and it was Trump. I look at local candidates (who will have much more of a direct impact on me) in a different way.

    I said this during the Trump admin……If the Trumps were my neighbor on one side of me and Obamas were on the other side, I would be way more friendly with the Obamas (dinner, drinks, BBQ, travel etc) than I would with the Trumps. But I would want Trump on the HOA. He is a boorish loudmouth that gets things done.

  14. #8983
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Staying home or not voting accomplishes nothing unless you know absolutely nothing about candidates on the slate.\\Many repubs do not like Trump but recognize that he is better for the US than Hilly or Pappy.

    And bear in mind that Trump, Hilly or Pappy have had or would have had zero to little affect on me and my family personally. Regardless of what happens……I can afford the food, I can afford the gas and I can pretty much ignore the social problems. They are little more than an inconvenience to me.

    I look at which of the prez candidates are best for the US as a whole……and it was Trump. I look at local candidates (who will have much more of a direct impact on me) in a different way.

    I said this during the Trump admin……If the Trumps were my neighbor on one side of me and Obamas were on the other side, I would be way more friendly with the Obamas (dinner, drinks, BBQ, travel etc) than I would with the Trumps. But I would want Trump on the HOA. He is a boorish loudmouth that gets things done.
    This isn't true. I live in NY. Voting for a Democrat is redundant because New York always votes Democrat in presidential elections. The same applies to states that always vote Republican which I assume is where you live. You could stay home. You choose to go out and vote for Trump.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-23-2022 at 10:32 AM.

  15. #8984
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I feel cpmfprtasble in saying that given my age and experience that I have "interacted with (FAR MORE) people from all different backgrounds (ethnic, economic, etc.)

    So here are two observations from your comment.

    1 You are extremely naive

    2 (pay attention to this one) you should keep in mind a that walk down a street with non-white wearing hoodies may be a one time event.
    I feel comfortable saying you're a complete fool (and of course a racist to boot).

    So here are two observations from your comment.

    1. You "have either interacted with (FAR MORE) people from all different backgrounds (ethnic, economic, etc.)"

    or

    2. The following statement is not true "(pay attention to this one) you should keep in mind a that walk down a street with non-white wearing hoodies may be a one time event.".
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  16. #8985
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I feel cpmfprtasble in saying that given my age and experience that I have "interacted with (FAR MORE) people from all different backgrounds (ethnic, economic, etc.)

    So here are two observations from your comment.

    1 You are extremely naive

    2 (pay attention to this one) you should keep in mind a that walk down a street with non-white wearing hoodies may be a one time event.
    Lol oh good, now you are implying walking down the street with someone who is not white and wearing a hoodie could lead to your death. No racism at all from you though of course…


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. 09-23-2022, 11:27 AM
    Reason
    Racism

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •