Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 680 of 798 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 10,186 to 10,200 of 11969
    Thing is, this whole "free speech" crap gets thrown around too much. Free speech is about the government not stopping people from saying what they want (to a degree. I'm thinking of death threats and such). But when it comes to a private company, especially one in a capitalist society, there is no free speech. If racist tweets, misinformation, etc. even threaten twitter's bottom line, then we'll see musk make the changes necessary to protect the bottom line. If, by some very small chance, he decides to take the financial hit of allowing that garbage, then twitter will follow the path of "tRutH sOcIaL" and those other right wing conspiracy theory platforms.

I guess the wackos need a place to talk as well.

Free speech is important but the people who scream it like it’s gospel are just losers who want to say something with no consequences. They aren’t free speech advocates, they’re no consequences advocates.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Honestly I think the spike, was just people testing out the new censorship regime.
    I know whenever I'm curious what words are allowed to be used somewhere, I just start spamming the n-word.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

You too?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I know whenever I'm curious what words are allowed to be used somewhere, I just start spamming the n-word.
    Any time I’m confused about ANYTHING it’s my go to. Not sure if I should take the 2nd or 3rd right turn, I call everyone around the n-word.

I love Elon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I love Elon

Oh we’re all sure you tested out the content moderators.

Even Elon has started backing off the idea there will be no limits on Twitter once he realized how many racists there are.

This is weird

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...FBLv0sm_XhAxMQ

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Thing is, this whole "free speech" crap gets thrown around too much. Free speech is about the government not stopping people from saying what they want (to a degree. I'm thinking of death threats and such). But when it comes to a private company, especially one in a capitalist society, there is no free speech. If racist tweets, misinformation, etc. even threaten twitter's bottom line, then we'll see musk make the changes necessary to protect the bottom line. If, by some very small chance, he decides to take the financial hit of allowing that garbage, then twitter will follow the path of "tRutH sOcIaL" and those other right wing conspiracy theory platforms.

I guess the wackos need a place to talk as well.
    Except the courts understand that to protect freedom of speech the govt has to protect speakers right to speak. Even from other speakers which is what a hecklers veto is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That isn’t mutually exclusive with them being racists or making the comments genuinely…
    I would have to see the comments to know if they were racist.

If there was a sharp spike in searches on google for the N-Word, does that make googles users racist?

If there was a sharp spike in searches on google for the N-Word, does that make googles users racist?
    They weren't searching for the N-word on Twitter, they were saying it. What makes this worse is you said you believed this was people testing out the new censorship and now you claim you haven't even looked at the comments and have no idea what they say.

Don't let knowing what you're talking about stand in the way of you having a belief

One of the biggest pieces of **** the entire world, Jair Bolsonaro, has lost re-election in Brazil.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They weren't searching for the N-word on Twitter, they were saying it. What makes this worse is you said you believed this was people testing out the new censorship and now you claim you haven't even looked at the comments and have no idea what they say.

Don't let knowing what you're talking about stand in the way of you having a belief
    Trump 2024: Don't let knowing what you're talking about stand in the way of you having a belief
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

Why are you saying anything about it?

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."