Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Reading, Pa
    Posts
    154

    James Harden to YOUR 76ers !!

    Everyone, the biggest acquisition in recent sixers history as just been completed.

    There are no mixed signals, we are going for a championship(s) and it's going to be one helluva ride!

    Clap ya hands ... Everybody!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,625
    This was soul destroying move by Philly. You had something going and brought in this ballhog. Shoulda dealt Simmons for 2-3 qualityplayers instead.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,241
    Yeah y'all didn't do yourselves any favors wit this Harden trade. Because I think y'all are ****ed when it comes to your guys' future because what if Harden eventually wants out of Philly? Then what? Not to mention Harden is older now and he's getting slower

    Plus draft capital too in the future to consider because what happens to those picks once Harden and or Embiid leave? Sets your franchise back

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    428
    Morey weakened the Philly bench and the fans all know Doc loves to run an all bench lineup late in games....

    Unless there are some buyout players that can make a difference on the bench Doc will have to learn how to use his starters with bench players better.

    I was a little disappointed that Curry was involved in the deal.....if Harden wanted out of BRK so bad why did we end up giving up so much? Harden was leaving at the end of the year anyways?

    Harden has just under a season and a half to show the fans what kind of player he is.....His salary for next year is ridiculous next season over $45 million I believe....I have never been a Harden fan, but he better be worth it for Morey to have such a man crush on him (which is another thing I never understood).

    I thought the Pacers were making the move with Sacramento to position themselves at a better deal for Simmons....guess not....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,241
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    Morey weakened the Philly bench and the fans all know Doc loves to run an all bench lineup late in games....

    Unless there are some buyout players that can make a difference on the bench Doc will have to learn how to use his starters with bench players better.

    I was a little disappointed that Curry was involved in the deal.....if Harden wanted out of BRK so bad why did we end up giving up so much? Harden was leaving at the end of the year anyways?

    Harden has just under a season and a half to show the fans what kind of player he is.....His salary for next year is ridiculous next season over $45 million I believe....I have never been a Harden fan, but he better be worth it for Morey to have such a man crush on him (which is another thing I never understood).

    I thought the Pacers were making the move with Sacramento to position themselves at a better deal for Simmons....guess not....
    His contract could be as bad ad Russ and Wall

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    121,919
    alright let me sum this up to the not smart people in here because of the 4 posts 2 have to be ben simmons fans and became fans because of ben

    We didnt **** our future... we have maxey/thyb and we gave up only 2 firsts spread apart which means if harden doesnt work out we can trade him or joel for a good bit on top of harris contract being a positive 2 years from now... understand the cap/length/team/contracts or shutup lol.

    On top of this harden is going to go hard because if he pulls this **** 3 times in under 13 months nobody is giving him a supermax... the next 2-4 years are all in and harden should be great for 3 of them while we make maxey and thyb better esp maxey. When **** hits the fan even if we are stuck with harden joel and tobias will be coming off the books or exp contracts or trade partners. This all around was a win/win unless you are a ben stan which has become like 50 percent of our fanbase that now needs to just to the nets fandom.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    121,919
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    Morey weakened the Philly bench and the fans all know Doc loves to run an all bench lineup late in games....

    Unless there are some buyout players that can make a difference on the bench Doc will have to learn how to use his starters with bench players better.

    I was a little disappointed that Curry was involved in the deal.....if Harden wanted out of BRK so bad why did we end up giving up so much? Harden was leaving at the end of the year anyways?

    Harden has just under a season and a half to show the fans what kind of player he is.....His salary for next year is ridiculous next season over $45 million I believe....I have never been a Harden fan, but he better be worth it for Morey to have such a man crush on him (which is another thing I never understood).

    I thought the Pacers were making the move with Sacramento to position themselves at a better deal for Simmons....guess not....
    again understand the cap/how the cap works/how sign and trades work.... just because harden wanted out doesnt mean we own the leverage. The nets this offseason could offer 70 million dollars more than us which harden was never turning down... on top of this had we waited we would have given up thyb or maxey plus picks just to get out of tobias contract so we could sign harden as a free agent without doing a sign and trade... if we wanted a sign and trade we would have dealt with the nets shopping him to the heat with bam/herro and the celtics with one of tatum/brown and so on down the list... this is why the nets had a ton of leverage. I have been screaming it on reddit every single day but sixers fans dont wanna listen. They legit thought we would get him for ben and thyb or ben and green. I have said since day 1 its going to cost ben plus thyb plus curry or green and a first. They got ben/curry/drum 2 firsts... its a good deal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    again understand the cap/how the cap works/how sign and trades work.... just because harden wanted out doesnt mean we own the leverage. The nets this offseason could offer 70 million dollars more than us which harden was never turning down... on top of this had we waited we would have given up thyb or maxey plus picks just to get out of tobias contract so we could sign harden as a free agent without doing a sign and trade... if we wanted a sign and trade we would have dealt with the nets shopping him to the heat with bam/herro and the celtics with one of tatum/brown and so on down the list... this is why the nets had a ton of leverage. I have been screaming it on reddit every single day but sixers fans dont wanna listen. They legit thought we would get him for ben and thyb or ben and green. I have said since day 1 its going to cost ben plus thyb plus curry or green and a first. They got ben/curry/drum 2 firsts... its a good deal.
    Personally at this point I don't think Harden cares about money, he's made plenty. If free agency would have began, we could have signed him outright without trading anything, the Nets wouldn't have any leverage. We then could have flipped Simmons for whatever we see fit. The other thing, I believe we are missing on is Tobias Harris. I believe he will be gone this summer because we won't be able to fit him, Embiid and Harden at their current price tag which means we have to trade Tobias plus picks to use someones salary cap. So in actuality we will lose Simmons, Curry, Drummond, Harris, and at least two first round picks for Harden and Milsap.

    Am I happy Simmons is gone and we got Harden, absolutely. I think the way we got there didn't make sense in my opinion.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    again understand the cap/how the cap works/how sign and trades work.... just because harden wanted out doesnt mean we own the leverage. The nets this offseason could offer 70 million dollars more than us which harden was never turning down... on top of this had we waited we would have given up thyb or maxey plus picks just to get out of tobias contract so we could sign harden as a free agent without doing a sign and trade... if we wanted a sign and trade we would have dealt with the nets shopping him to the heat with bam/herro and the celtics with one of tatum/brown and so on down the list... this is why the nets had a ton of leverage. I have been screaming it on reddit every single day but sixers fans dont wanna listen. They legit thought we would get him for ben and thyb or ben and green. I have said since day 1 its going to cost ben plus thyb plus curry or green and a first. They got ben/curry/drum 2 firsts... its a good deal.
    Agreed

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    alright let me sum this up to the not smart people in here because of the 4 posts 2 have to be ben simmons fans and became fans because of ben

    We didnt **** our future... we have maxey/thyb and we gave up only 2 firsts spread apart which means if harden doesnt work out we can trade him or joel for a good bit on top of harris contract being a positive 2 years from now... understand the cap/length/team/contracts or shutup lol.

    On top of this harden is going to go hard because if he pulls this **** 3 times in under 13 months nobody is giving him a supermax... the next 2-4 years are all in and harden should be great for 3 of them while we make maxey and thyb better esp maxey. When **** hits the fan even if we are stuck with harden joel and tobias will be coming off the books or exp contracts or trade partners. This all around was a win/win unless you are a ben stan which has become like 50 percent of our fanbase that now needs to just to the nets fandom.
    LOL

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,787
    Doc better make the necessary adjustments come playoffs. I have said over and over again IF the 76ers do not make it out of the 2nd round Doc Rivers should be FIRED.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •