Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 269 of 290 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4348

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I was wrong about Russia's willingness to invade. I should be more open-minded. And if we're both in agreement that Biden is correct in his assessment that what's happening is a genocide what's the problem?
    Of starting WWIII with Russia? You tell me, what do you think the potential downsides of such a course of action would be?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Of starting WWIII with Russia? You tell me, what do you think the potential downsides of such a course of action would be?
    What does never again mean to you?

Second of all, this isn't a World War, it's NATO (though let's face it mostly the US and Ukraine) vs just Russia, and IDK Belarus. That's hardly a world war.

So if a country is big enough your comfortable letting them commit genocide, rape civilians and perform all sorts of cruelty?
    Do you want Putin to stay in power? Your unwillingness to do the one thing that would actually take him out of power makes me think you want to see him remain in power.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There is no moral difference but there's a huge difference in the culprits and the ramifications of involving ourselves too deeply. You are aware of that, right?
    So there is no moral difference...also, we should let it keep happening.

What does never again mean to you?

Second of all, this isn't a World War, it's NATO (though let's face it mostly the US and Ukraine) vs just Russia, and IDK Belarus. That's hardly a world war.

So if a country is big enough your comfortable letting them commit genocide, rape civilians and perform all sorts of cruelty?
    Do you want Putin to stay in power? Your unwillingness to do the one thing that would actually take him out of power makes me think you want to see him remain in power.
    Quite deflecting. Iíve asked you several times: what do you think are the effects of going to war with Russia?

No, we should carefully strategize our involvement because we don't want to escalate the situation into a potential war between the US and Russia. Its weird how you compare things that happen in countries the US could crush on its own if it chose to and a potential military conflict with a country that is much more formidable. Not to mention has nuclear capabilities.

Quite deflecting. Iíve asked you several times: what do you think are the effects of going to war with Russia?
    He's either got a really bad case of intellectual dishonesty or he's choosing to remain willfully ignorant to the idea that a war with Russia could be a real possibility. I mean what could go wrong? Putin seems like a reasonably sane enough fella.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-19-2022 at 06:38 PM.

You can take the high road of your morality. Iíll take the low road of my survival.

He's either got a really bad case of intellectual dishonesty or he's choosing to remain willfully ignorant to the idea that a war with Russia could be a real possibility. I mean what could go wrong? Putin seems like a reasonably sane enough fella.
    His faÁade of acting like he wants us to go to war with Russia is the least clever attempt I've ever seen at someone trying to be clever.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Right, and that is why you have harping on this for over a year. You are so full of crap that it flows off the screen. What we are going to have couple counseling now? Every one here are aggressive or passive aggressive with their post. SO, WHY THIS OBESSIVE WITH ME? You are waiting to see what excuse I will use? Coming from a guy that says I have zero effect on his life or in his head.

Once again for the last time, I am not dealing with or have to deal with your problem. What a f'ing waste of time you are.
    I literally am on here at most once a day. It takes up very little of my time. Lately its been even less than that.

And lol. What are you talking about? Harping over what? Our argument about Israel? It hasnt been a year.

Your metaphors are trash. And like expected you wont engage with what im saying. Youre just gonna pull a Dbroncsimo and claim "im obsessed".

Its funny to me though how incapable you are of recognizing your own obvious contradiction. How dishonest you are. Its really quite telling.

You are the epitome of a political reactionary.

I already answered this question, but I'll answer it again, we will bomb the **** out of the Russian forces in Ukraine, go in, help Ukraine retake the lost territory (going back to 2014) this humiliating defeat will lead to the collapse of Putin's regime.

No, we should carefully strategize our involvement because we don't want to escalate the situation into a potential war between the US and Russia. Its weird how you compare things that happen in countries the US could crush on its own if it chose to and a potential military conflict with a country that is much more formidable. Not to mention has nuclear capabilities.
    So if a small country is committing a genocide and using rape as a weapon of war than fear not America is here to save the day.
    But if a big country is raping people as a tool of war and committing a genocide...welp...watch'a gonna do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You can take the high road of your morality. Iíll take the low road of my survival.
    Wait, you guys have been *****ing forever about the threat of Putin and how we need to stop Putin, and are willing to walk right up to the line including trying to force a default on their economy by not allowing them to pay debts they owe on their treasury notes (even though they have the funds to pay them)
    providing weapons and intel to kill their generals and sink their ships.
    But oh, this might go to far!

I need you to explain how arguing that we should GO TO ****ING WAR WITH RUSSIA somehow means I'm ignorant to the idea that war with Russia is a real possibility?

Me: we should go to war with Russia.
    You: You're not taking seriously the fact that war with Russia is a real possibility.
    Me: Yes I am, I'm arguing for it.
    You: You fail to appreciate that declaring war on Russia and killing their soldiers could cause a war with Russia.

I'm literally arguing on behalf of that possibility. Our govt has recognized what's going on as a genocide. What's the hold up?

The US is already in a proxy war with Russia. The cost will most likely be more if the US got directly involved. But why would you do that when you can give less money to people that aren't your citizens to take the bullets.

US direct conflict would most likely bring in nuclear weapons faster and bring more countries in (ie China, NK, etc), which would destroy half the planet.

I need you to explain how arguing that we should GO TO ****ING WAR WITH RUSSIA somehow means I'm ignorant to the idea that war with Russia is a real possibility?

Me: we should go to war with Russia.
    You: You're not taking seriously the fact that war with Russia is a real possibility.
    Me: Yes I am, I'm arguing for it.
    You: You fail to appreciate that declaring war on Russia and killing their soldiers could cause a war with Russia.

I'm literally arguing on behalf of that possibility. Our govt has recognized what's going on as a genocide. What's the hold up?
    Because you keep talking about stopping genocide from a country with the resources Russia has like its some kind of easy task. Like the US can just go in militarily and there would be no ramifications or response from doing so. This isn't Rwanda. Russia is among a very few world powers that could cause hell on many a front. I didn't know you were talking a potential war with Russia. I thought you were dismissing its possibility and to be fair, is that what anyone thinks is the best idea? I certainly don't. Its not our conflict and its not our job to be world police imo. I understand what is happening in the Ukraine is ethically repugnant but engaging in military acts to the point of making the Ukraine's issue our job to fix is not a good idea. Not when millions of lives around the world could hang in the balance as well. I think you're underestimating what Putin is willing to do to keep this invasion going.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-19-2022 at 09:46 PM.

So if a small country is committing a genocide and using rape as a weapon of war than fear not America is here to save the day.
    But if a big country is raping people as a tool of war and committing a genocide...welp...watch'a gonna do?
    Is the US and the rest of the world taking "Welp, watcha gonna do?" approach? Last time I checked they're not. The US just passed legislation to give another 40 billion dollars in aid to the Ukraine, on top of all the financial help we've given them already. Not to mention, the sanctions us and much of the world have put on Russia politically and economically.

Dont bury your head in the sand like that.