Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 265 of 294 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4397

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Not a question for those who have bombs falling on them right now. End the war and then deal with future russian incursions when they happen in the future. You never going to get ensures on anything in the world including future behaviors that will suit you when it comes to Russia. You got a hard on for Putin.

If you really what to ensure Russians never does this again, keep funding the Ukrainians to make this war last a year to the point that it destroy Russia's economy. I am sure it will be worth it to keep up to 30% of the world food grain off the market for that long. The famine it will cause should be evidence in six months in the Middle East and Africa. India, who suffering from extreme climate change, will bearly be able to feed it own. The social unrest will be massive, thus armed conflict. What about those five million Ukraine refugees? What about the economy stress those host countries are bearing to support them during a global inflation surge?.

That is the problem with this war, it is effecting to many people to be allow to continue. All effort should be marshal to seek it's end within reason for the Ukrainians. In the endgame, it's their needs that is important here, as well as their be able to get their country back on it's feet as fast as possible in this global economy. As well as keeping their military. Their military will be a deterrence for future Russia's aggression. Besides, Russia is on a decline much faster than our own. In another generation, the decrease in population will have it's effect on them among other things. Russia is a fading paper tiger with nukes.

But yes, let's stick to shoving it up Putin so Russia will never being able or desire to do this again.

Even with the war continuing, I would be open to lifting food sanctions on Russia as some finance security for them and food for those countries in need. It could be the first steps towards peace.

I think the Ukrainians have already written off Crimea, those people cheered when the Russians came in and claim them for their own.
    You've got some smart ideas. It is all dependent on Putin leaving one way or the other, though, right? I don't Ukraine agreeing to a Russia with Putin in charge. Putin can't be trusted to live up to a treaty and Zelenskyy is not a sucker.

The newest aid package got approved. Glad to see they will be getting even more assistance in fighting for their homeland!

Ukraie doing everyone a big favour so give then more support.

Come-on, Vladie, DIE. And take that Russian Orthodox Cardinal with you when you go.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You are the only poster here who have that problem. Notice I said your problem, which isn't my concern or desire to address. It is your problem.

Every issue we discuss wind up being about your view of me. Like I or anybody here give a f about that. It is your problem.
    Im just bewildered at your inability to ever recognize the **** your saying.

Its whatever. Youll keep lying and contadicting yourself. And ill keep calling you out.

But hey. You could be staying consistent. Its pretty clear you hold different standards when Israel is involved.

Im sure for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So Finnland and Sweeden might not join NATO after all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing

This is an interesting development, since Russia recently cut Finnland off from Natural Gas, which Finnland get's like 100% of it's N.Gas from Russia.
    Which accounts for 5% of their energy.

And **** Erdogan.

The epitome of "the enemy of your enemy is your friend"

The reports of possible coups make me somewhat nervous. Not because Iím sad to see Putin go (Iím not), but Iím wary of what takes his place. Generally, the leaders who are better donít get there by coups.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The reports of possible coups make me somewhat nervous. Not because Iím sad to see Putin go (Iím not), but Iím wary of what takes his place. Generally, the leaders who are better donít get there by coups.
    It's Russia. The single possible way to take out Putin is through a coup. The dudes absolutely not going to allow a fair and balanced election. How else do you suppose he be succeeded?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's Russia. The single possible way to take out Putin is through a coup. The dudes absolutely not going to allow a fair and balanced election. How else do you suppose he be succeeded?
    By an extremely painful and sudden fatal illness. Iíll be stoked when he dies, but who do you think is going to take over when he does? I have a hard time imagining itís a western-friendly guy who believes in Democracy.

EDIT: to be clear, if this were some populist revolt thatís one thing (though Russia may be the worst example as their populist revolt led to Communism, the USSR and millions dead), but that doesnít appear to be the case.
    Last edited by valade16; 05-17-2022 at 12:42 AM.

By an extremely painful and sudden fatal illness. Iíll be stoked when he dies, but who do you think is going to take over when he does? I have a hard time imagining itís a western-friendly guy who believes in Democracy.
    It won't be but perhaps whoever takes over doesn't have the vitriol for or the need to imperialize the Ukraine Putin does. Not to mention understands more so the gravity of the economic repercussions they are facing by continuing the war there. Sure, its an opportunistic situation, especially with reports that Putin is sick, but I think there are some people within in his contingency that don't agree with his tactics here. Nor are they thrilled with all the economic uncertainty it has caused.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Im just bewildered at your inability to ever recognize the **** your saying.

Its whatever. Youll keep lying and contadicting yourself. And ill keep calling you out.

But hey. You could be staying consistent. Its pretty clear you hold different standards when Israel is involved.

Im sure for no reason.
    Since you haven't proven any of that to any one satisfaction, I glad you had a chance to, once again, voice your weekly rant on me. Feel better? Any other imagery slight or accusations you want to hurl?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

What do they mean by "ended its *combat mission* in Mariupol and said fighters were being evacuated signaling that the battle at a steel plant was over."?

So they won? I'm not sure what the NYT is trying to say here.

The article says
    "Hundreds of Ukrainian fighters were taken by bus to Russian-controlled territory. Ukraineís president said the combat mission in the city was over, capping some of the longest, fiercest resistance of the war."

So the fighters are being evacuated to Russian-controlled territory. Why the **** would that happen? Why is VZ having them evacuated there, that's enemy territory, how is that safe?
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 05-17-2022 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    What do they mean by "ended its *combat mission* in Mariupol and said fighters were being evacuated signaling that the battle at a steel plant was over."?

So they won? I'm not sure what the NYT is trying to say here.

The article says
    "Hundreds of Ukrainian fighters were taken by bus to Russian-controlled territory. Ukraineís president said the combat mission in the city was over, capping some of the longest, fiercest resistance of the war."

So the fighters are being evacuated to Russian-controlled territory. Why the **** would that happen? Why is VZ having them evacuated there, that's enemy territory, how is that safe?
    Keep schilling.

EDIT: to be clear, if this were some populist revolt thatís one thing (though Russia may be the worst example as their populist revolt led to Communism, the USSR and millions dead), but that doesnít appear to be the case.
    None of us know what might happen if Putin croaks or is removed from power and what happens next and/or who replaces him. It's a scary and dangerous time for the world certainly. But at the same time, Putin has earned his death and we can only hope that the Russian people can find a better future. No one deserves to live their lives under tyrants like Putin, Xi, and other a-holes.