Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 262 of 294 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4397

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I got an idea for Russia. Stop invading your neighbors and harassing them. Then they won't feel the need to join NATO.

Stop installing puppet governments to funnel their resources to your Oligarchs. Destroying thar country.

It's amazing how quick people are to judge any American foreign policy. But they take Putins BS seriously.
    And how would you shape your foreign policy to reflect this "slapping Putin's hand" approach.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    And how would you shape your foreign policy to reflect this "slapping Putin's hand" approach.
    **** Putin. That's my Foreign policy.

I said it at the beginning of this thread. I'm done with Putin making threats and being a douche bag, then expecting something in return.

No deal with Russia can be trusted without some collateral that Russia wouldn't be willing to give.

Saying "Ukraine stays neutral" and letting Russia determine the extremes of their defenses in place is just delaying the inevitable. They'll agree to it only if they're weak enough to be crushed.

Russia wants ti be bailed out of the consequences of their own decisions. Any deal like this will inevitably lead to another invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    **** Putin. That's my Foreign policy.

I said it at the beginning of this thread. I'm done with Putin making threats and being a douche bag, then expecting something in return.

No deal with Russia can be trusted without some collateral that Russia wouldn't be willing to give.

Saying "Ukraine stays neutral" and letting Russia determine the extremes of their defenses in place is just delaying the inevitable. They'll agree to it only if they're weak enough to be crushed.

Russia wants ti be bailed out of the consequences of their own decisions. Any deal like this will inevitably lead to another invasion.
    Sounds so close to when Mr Garrison on "South Park" was playing the Donald and his foreign policy was don't put up with their nonsense and just F them to death.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I definitely support actions that end the conflict but if it just delays Putin’s action once again for him to invade in a couple years, I don’t see it as a wise decision. I mean we are on track for Putin’s fourth incursion in a couple years. He will be back in Ukraine or pick another country like he did with Georgia in 2008.
    Settle in for a long and maybe increasing war. Trying to teach another country a lesson never goes well. It isn't so much about establishing peace in Ukraine with you, but teaching the Russians a lesson at the Ukrainians' expensive.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-14-2022 at 08:19 AM.

Will Rogers

Settle in for a long and maybe increasing war. Trying to teach another country a lesson never goes well. It isn't so much about establishing peace in Ukraine with you, but teaching the Russians a lesson at the Ukrainians' expensive.
    If you want to establish peace with Russia, then agree that there is no more Ukraine. Just western Russia.

What is US "POLICY" going forward? I don't think that there is one. I don't think that Biden has a clue, do you? Wonder who is pulling his strings? Wonder what Barry O wants to happen?

It interesting how the US "policy" was right before the invasion appeared to be, paying lip service to aiding Ukraine and figuring that the Russia would invade Ukraine and take what they want , put their puppets in place and then leave. Well, Zelensky and the really tough Ukrainians had other ideas and Zelensky masterfully led Biden and the stupid Biden and company by the nose to becoming the banker and supplier to Ukraine to the tune of over $50-70B of military aid. By the way, where is NATO's and the EU's part of this support?

So now, once again, what is US policy going forward? Do we think that Russia is going to leave Ukraine? Who rebuilds it if Russia leaves? IF Russia still continues to keep its forces fighting in Ukraine, does the US commit to unending support for Ukraine's fight? If Russia leaves, do we pay the lion's share of the rebuilding burden? I cannot imagine that the US taxpayers as a whole will be okay with either of those possibilities.

Its really going to be interesting for both sides.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 05-14-2022 at 12:43 PM.

From parody to media failure:

Sounds so close to when Mr Garrison on "South Park" was playing the Donald and his foreign policy was don't put up with their nonsense and just F them to death.
    Wes,

If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend for you to see the Denzel Washington movie that was released earlier this year called THE DEBATERS. I watched it today on Zulu and it was terrific. It is about a small all black college in the south that had a professor who headed up the school's debate team. That isn't all that it was about but also about the Jim Crow period in the 30's as well as the advent of unionism.

I thought that the movie which was based on a true story was directed by Washington himself was a very well done and excellent movie.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 05-14-2022 at 07:55 PM.

Apparently a Russian oligarch is telling people that Putin has cancer in the blood and is in bad shape. He does look "puffy" and shaky and that could be because of the treatments for cancer he is taking?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If you want to establish peace with Russia, then agree that there is no more Ukraine. Just western Russia.
    That wasn't even Putin's objective. There is no way Russia could absorb all of Ukraine into Russia. The man power require and resources needed to constantly subdue millions of Ukrainians would sink the Russian economy if the sanctions didn't do it.

Just get Putin out to pre-invasion borders, with a armed but non-aligned Ukraine in control of their own nation and we will find ways to deal with Putin's aggression. The key here is de-escalate not escalate.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-14-2022 at 08:03 PM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Apparently a Russian oligarch is telling people that Putin has cancer in the blood and is in bad shape. He does look "puffy" and shaky and that could be because of the treatments for cancer he is taking?
    Russian oligarchs are showing up dead lately. Don't know if they are the ones who were criticizing Putin, but it smells like a shake up. Putin is KGB and is good at getting someone. Even in a foreign country.

Will Rogers

Wes,

If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend for you to see the Denzel Washington movie that was released earlier this year called THE DEBATERS. I watched it today on Zulu and it was terrific. It is about a small all black college in the south that had a professor who headed up the school's debate team. That isn't all that it was about but also about the Jim Crow period in the 30's as well as the advent of unionism.

I thought that the movie which was based on a true story was directed by Washington himself was a very well done and excellent movie.
    Just commenting on Spock "I got a Hammer" approach in dealing with the Russians.

Will Rogers

That wasn't even Putin's objective. There is no way Russia could absorb all of Ukraine into Russia. The man power require and resources needed to constantly subdue millions of Ukrainians would sink the Russian economy if the sanctions didn't do it.

Just get Putin out to pre-invasion borders, with a armed but non-aligned Ukraine in control of their own nation and we will find ways to deal with Putin's aggression. The key here is de-escalate not escalate.
    What do you believe Putin’s objective in invading Russia is?

Aww yes. Don't continuously reward bad behavior = same as **** em to death.

Dont negotiate away other countries freedoms.

I mean like I've said before. It amazes me how you've said multiple times that Palestine shouldn't accept any deal from Israel. Comparing it to the natives making deals with America.

Then 3 months later you want Ukraine to trust Russia?

You have no consistent views on anything. Epitome of a reactionary.

For years there have been talks that he has Parkinsons. There was a study done 5 or 10 years ago that compiled all the footage available of him that seemed to show some very key things that align with someone with Parkinsons.

It was pretty compelling from what I remember.