Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 247 of 293 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4391

Thread: Ukraine

  1. #3691
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    19,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Straight to the “why do you hate the US so much”. What exactly did I say that undersold/underestimated the US’s involvement? Nothing. What is painful and sad is how upset you are about mentioning other countries involvement and acknowledging that films for decades have inserted Americans into stories they weren’t involved in or had a lot less of involvement than portrayed.
    Honest questions: What films and what stories/events?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  2. #3692
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    It really is interesting to see Wes and crapinmypants wax poetic about their "knowledge" of what goes on in this country regarding immigration and education as well as what is racist and what is not. Truth is that neither of these guys know crap about what actually is going on in the country and when confronted by facts and a knowledgeable person who calls them on their ignorance, all they can do is illustrate their biases and failure to comprehend facts. You guys should be Democrat "fact checkers" hired by CNN, New York Times, MSNBC, and social media platforms. You know, those irreputable companies manned by socialists and progressives to lie about whatever Republicans present as facts and still get called as "independents" by those you reference them.
    Never waxed poetic about immigration or education but yes I did call your favorite "ex" president a racist. Sad I have to put that in quotation marks because you are dumb enough to believe the election was stolen. Then again, sycophants usually buy into their leader's every word without hesitation. The cult is strong in you. Trump would be proud. You echo ******** like that and then talk about "facts" btw. Hilarious.

    All my point is that you believing that Abbott's political stunt wasn't tax payer funded is beyond stupid. It absolutely was.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-01-2022 at 10:20 AM.

  3. #3693
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Honest questions: What films and what stories/events?
    I grew up on WW II movies and it always centered on the US being front and center. like you, I would like to hear a non-America view of WW II knowing our movies definitely slanted the story in our flavor.

    Britain got the most play, as heroes, in American movies on that war but the rest of the alliances were side players. But it was our generals and forces that save the day.

    "Battle for Britain" and the "Sinking of the Bismarck" are only two non American war movies that I can remember.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  4. #3694
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Straight to the “why do you hate the US so much”. What exactly did I say that undersold/underestimated the US’s involvement? Nothing. What is painful and sad is how upset you are about mentioning other countries involvement and acknowledging that films for decades have inserted Americans into stories they weren’t involved in or had a lot less of involvement than portrayed.
    Just about everything you said was underselling the US involvement.

    You said the Russians probably did more to defeat the Germans

    You criticized the US for not joining the war initially. Like who are you blaming here? The people? The government? Should FDR of gone in pre pearl harbor?

    Funny how you criticize the USA for not joining the war initially but that criticism isn't mentioned of the USSR.

    We of course showed up 6 months after the USSR was invaded. So we're the bad guys obviously. We also sent constant supplies to the UK before that.

    But of course we just think we help "because of DA MOVIES".

    I

  5. #3695
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,695
    The Soviets schemed with the Germans to divvy up Poland before the Germans turned on them, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  6. #3696
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    No, Wes. I'm still here, mentally, despite my being totally disabled per the VA and being in pain constantly from various stuff that I won't bore any of you with. You just go ahead and be the butt head of this board as the constant anti-American ranter that you certainly are.
    You think that was good way to blow four billions dollars and cost small businessmen a cool $24 million and not doing what Abbot set out to do? Catch drugs and illegals which he didn't.

    I heard he stop the inspections due to massive complains by businessmen who lost $24 million dollars and the complains, within the Texas republican officials, on it's cost to the taxpayers.

    We depend on trucks being inspected by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents upon entering the country. Thus we never ever depended on Mexican inspections people, so them saying they will do more inspections means nothing. Especially considering how the drug cartel corrupted their law and inspections agencies. Come on, them doing more inspections damn near mean that there will be more weasels in the chicken coop. Abbot must know this. That is one of the reason the Mexican border guards aren't trusted. Not that all the agents are corrupted, but their system allow it. We are talking about a government that is helpless to protect it's citizens and press from drug thugs. No, I won't put to much weight in this and sounds more like "covering one's arse move" by Abbot as in showing he got something done when he didn't. Trusting the Mexican system to inspected trucks is a no go.

    BTW. Francisco Garcia de Vaca is being investigated for alleged links with the Gulf Cartel. Just look this up after writing this post. That was back in 2020. Their government is seeking to prosecute him for ties to organized crimes back in Feb 2021.

    Yup, he will be good at inspecting trucks for us and his buddies. Good job Abbot in finding the best guy to help us out. Surely he isn't this dumb. Asking a drug cartel brought Mexican politician for help in inspecting trucks? Why not hire weasels to guard the chicken coop?
    Last edited by WES445; 05-01-2022 at 11:08 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  7. #3697
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    It really is interesting to see Wes and crapinmypants wax poetic about their "knowledge" of what goes on in this country regarding immigration and education as well as what is racist and what is not. Truth is that neither of these guys know crap about what actually is going on in the country and when confronted by facts and a knowledgeable person who calls them on their ignorance, all they can do is illustrate their biases and failure to comprehend facts. You guys should be Democrat "fact checkers" hired by CNN, New York Times, MSNBC, and social media platforms. You know, those irreputable companies manned by socialists and progressives to lie about whatever Republicans present as facts and still get called as "independents" by those you reference them.
    Wait, you are that "knowledgeable person"? Companies manned by socialists? Lying about republicans' facts like stolen elections, massive voter fraud and CRT being taught in school? Jewish space lasers starting forest fires? JFK jr coming to Dallas?

    Oh, man. I am picturing Rod Sterling introducing this week "Twilight Zone" show.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-01-2022 at 10:51 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  8. #3698
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,397
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Wait, you are that "knowledgeable person"? Companies manned by socialists? Lying about republicans' facts like stolen elections, massive voter fraud and CRT being taught in school? Jewish space lasers starting forest fires? JFK jr coming to Dallas?

    Oh, man. I am picturing Rod Sterling introducing this week "Twilight Zone" show.
    You forgot the part where he called the vaccine dangerous, that MTG is better than anything the Democrats have to offer, and that climate change is not real. He's a dumb ***. The irony is laughable.

  9. #3699
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You forgot the part where he called the vaccine dangerous, that MTG is better than anything the Democrats have to offer, and that climate change is not real. He's a dumb ***. The irony is laughable.
    Dude, come on. How is a fella to keep up with all the crazy things he push as the gospel according to the Orange Man?

    I bet we only scratch the surface of BOP knowledge and depth. Back in the day, parents use to send van crews out to kidnapped their kids out of the cults. I guess no one send a crew out to get BOP.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-01-2022 at 11:22 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  10. #3700
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,214
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Never waxed poetic about immigration or education but yes I did call your favorite "ex" president a racist. Sad I have to put that in quotation marks because you are dumb enough to believe the election was stolen. Then again, sycophants usually buy into their leader's every word without hesitation. The cult is strong in you. Trump would be proud. You echo ******** like that and then talk about "facts" btw. Hilarious.

    All my point is that you believing that Abbott's political stunt wasn't tax payer funded is beyond stupid. It absolutely was.
    You said that it cost American tax payers an additional 4 billions dollars for a "stunt". That was a lie on both counts. Texas has every right to examine inbound trucks for illegals hitching a ride on these vehicles. Also, in California, I believe, trucks are inspected by US personnel for both safety as well as illegals. Don't know if it is state people or federal inspectors. I'm not 100% sure about it but I know that it happened after the original trade deal with Mexico and Canada was enacted.

  11. #3701
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,250
    No, that was I, who posted those numbers. Basic on news reports. Stay focus.

    BTW, Mister Knowledgeable, can you show us the cost in your world of Abbot's stunt? We can compare who is the most Abbotable nuts.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-01-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  12. #3702
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Straight to the “why do you hate the US so much”. What exactly did I say that undersold/underestimated the US’s involvement? Nothing. What is painful and sad is how upset you are about mentioning other countries involvement and acknowledging that films for decades have inserted Americans into stories they weren’t involved in or had a lot less of involvement than portrayed.
    He is quick to go to extremes when he flys off the handle.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  13. #3703
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,214
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I grew up on WW II movies and it always centered on the US being front and center. like you, I would like to hear a non-America view of WW II knowing our movies definitely slanted the story in our flavor.

    Britain got the most play, as heroes, in American movies on that war but the rest of the alliances were side players. But it was our generals and forces that save the day.

    "Battle for Britain" and the "Sinking of the Bismarck" are only two non American war movies that I can remember.
    Amazing.Now you are running down American made movies for whatever reason? What did you expect American movie-makers to do? Make movies that praise the fight of the French Vichey forces and ignore Patton's tank battles against Romell? Yeah, most of those war movies were poorly made and not accurate in how they depicted the war and what actually happened but so what? They were made, in part, to ask Americans to continue to support the war effort at home by depicting its sons and daughters as heroic.

  14. #3704
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    You said that it cost American tax payers an additional 4 billions dollars for a "stunt". That was a lie on both counts. Texas has every right to examine inbound trucks for illegals hitching a ride on these vehicles. Also, in California, I believe, trucks are inspected by US personnel for both safety as well as illegals. Don't know if it is state people or federal inspectors. I'm not 100% sure about it but I know that it happened after the original trade deal with Mexico and Canada was enacted.
    It was a political stunt and you're the one who said it wasn't taxpayer funded, not me. If he was that concerned with the ending of title 42, there were other ways to go about it. If he was concerned with undocumented immigrants crossing into the Texas border, why isn't he calling for federal assistance to send them back into Mexico? It's not like we stopped deporting undocumented immigrants. Bussing them to Washington DC on taxpayer dime means what? You've just spent significant money to move them from one location in the US to another. They're still undocumented and they're still on US territory.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-01-2022 at 11:31 AM.

  15. #3705
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,214
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You think that was good way to blow four billions dollars and cost small businessmen a cool $24 million and not doing what Abbot set out to do? Catch drugs and illegals which he didn't.

    I heard he stop the inspections due to massive complains by businessmen who lost $24 million dollars and the complains, within the Texas republican officials, on it's cost to the taxpayers.

    We depend on trucks being inspected by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents upon entering the country. Thus we never ever depended on Mexican inspections people, so them saying they will do more inspections means nothing. Especially considering how the drug cartel corrupted their law and inspections agencies. Come on, them doing more inspections damn near mean that there will be more weasels in the chicken coop. Abbot must know this. That is one of the reason the Mexican border guards aren't trusted. Not that all the agents are corrupted, but their system allow it. We are talking about a government that is helpless to protect it's citizens and press from drug thugs. No, I won't put to much weight in this and sounds more like "covering one's arse move" by Abbot as in showing he got something done when he didn't. Trusting the Mexican system to inspected trucks is a no go.

    BTW. Francisco Garcia de Vaca is being investigated for alleged links with the Gulf Cartel. Just look this up after writing this post. That was back in 2020. Their government is seeking to prosecute him for ties to organized crimes back in Feb 2021.

    Yup, he will be good at inspecting trucks for us and his buddies. Good job Abbot in finding the best guy to help us out. Surely he isn't this dumb. Asking a drug cartel brought Mexican politician for help in inspecting trucks? Why not hire weasels to guard the chicken coop?
    He didn't blow any such $4B . That's crap.

    He struck the deal because the Federal government was doing the border checks because they were over-burdened by the hundreds of thousands of illegals pouring in that pulled them from their normal jobs of STOPPING illegals into paper processors of illegals who turned themselves in after entering the US.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •