Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 372
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,620
    I would be really shocked and disappointed if the Knicks did not make a trade or two at the deadline.

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4,159
    Plus minus stat has been around long enough for most people to understand how it works by now. You have to both watch the game and then review the stat. If RJ played with the second unit exclusively he should have been greater than +20. If Randle did that he would been -15 or worse.

    A lot of what goes into plus minus has to do with whether the 5 person lineup is winning or losing during their time on the floor. But it also measures your contribution to that unit. If Reddish started instead of RJ, Randle would have finished with -50. You really need to watch the game to make that determination on a case by case basis.



    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,239
    Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    I am not one for dumping on guys. Marbs was my guy. Melo was my guy. So is Randle. Am I disappointed this year about his play? Of course, everybody is. No doubt, the guy has some serious issues going on in his life to affect his play on the court like this. We saw what he did last year and I do not believe it was a fluke. Regardless, Thibs still has to make some coaching changes and so far he has not done this. He can be loyal to certain players, but still give others more playing time. He has done it with Kemba, Fourn, even RJ, but he has not done much with Julius. Thibs says he is going to play the players that are getting the job done and so far he has not done this. Also, with Julius in the funk, I def believe it is affecting Fourn and some of the other players. When Julius is not in the game, the ball moves. I personally think he is trying to do too much. He is NOT a point forward even though he leads the team is assists. What does that tell you? Gotta get a bonifide pg. Rose right now is the best pg, but even he is a score first guy. And he is not playing. If you are not going to make a trade for a pg, then give the little guy, Duece a shot. He is tearing up the G league. What have they got to gain? They are already losing with what they are putting on the floor. If you don't have the confidence in Duece, the go out and get a pg. And while you are at it get a offensive coordinator that runs a respectable offense. Knicks are too easy to guard when they are not moving the ball.
    Thibs is the problem. It's up to the coach to tell him he's not a point forward and stop putting him in position to be one. Also, he needs to be held accountable when he makes bad plays.

    Even with a bona-fide PG. I do not see Thibs changing. The coach is beyond stubborn and is only going to play one way. Last year, it worked and this year it is not. But either way it's one way.

    Thibs style might win games but will never win a championship. In a 7-game series, an opposing coach would make so many adjustments on Thibs, we'll be blown right out of the water like the ATL series

  4. #349
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    I would be really shocked and disappointed if the Knicks did not make a trade or two at the deadline.
    I hope so but Iím having doubts
    Only 1 Infinity stone left


  5. #350
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Thibs is the problem. It's up to the coach to tell him he's not a point forward and stop putting him in position to be one. Also, he needs to be held accountable when he makes bad plays.

    Even with a bona-fide PG. I do not see Thibs changing. The coach is beyond stubborn and is only going to play one way. Last year, it worked and this year it is not. But either way it's one way.

    Thibs style might win games but will never win a championship. In a 7-game series, an opposing coach would make so many adjustments on Thibs, we'll be blown right out of the water like the ATL series
    Thibs is an assistant coach much like DAntoni should have been. Focus on one aspect of the game but can't manage the team. Randall should have been DNP the game after he got a technical and pushed Evan. Plus how many times was Obi benched for a mistake but Randall can not play defense because he wants to argue with an official. Thibs is to blame for Randall.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    57,004
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    $23 million. The other $3 million are based on incentives, which unless he starts playing at an All Star level again, he will not hit.
    agreed but it's up to the NBA board to decide if his incentives are reachable or not, so right now based on last year i'll just assume the worst and presently the NBA has not changed his cap for the moment lol

    But even so, 23m brings him if traded next year a buy out around 15m that is still a hefty contract which is still a max player deal, will the league look at him as a max player for trade purposes?

    I think like Philly with Simmons if you think your getting an allstar back and more then forget it.

  7. #352
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    57,004
    Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    I am not one for dumping on guys. Marbs was my guy. Melo was my guy. So is Randle. Am I disappointed this year about his play? Of course, everybody is. No doubt, the guy has some serious issues going on in his life to affect his play on the court like this. We saw what he did last year and I do not believe it was a fluke. Regardless, Thibs still has to make some coaching changes and so far he has not done this. He can be loyal to certain players, but still give others more playing time. He has done it with Kemba, Fourn, even RJ, but he has not done much with Julius. Thibs says he is going to play the players that are getting the job done and so far he has not done this. Also, with Julius in the funk, I def believe it is affecting Fourn and some of the other players. When Julius is not in the game, the ball moves. I personally think he is trying to do too much. He is NOT a point forward even though he leads the team is assists. What does that tell you? Gotta get a bonifide pg. Rose right now is the best pg, but even he is a score first guy. And he is not playing. If you are not going to make a trade for a pg, then give the little guy, Duece a shot. He is tearing up the G league. What have they got to gain? They are already losing with what they are putting on the floor. If you don't have the confidence in Duece, the go out and get a pg. And while you are at it get a offensive coordinator that runs a respectable offense. Knicks are too easy to guard when they are not moving the ball.
    i was with you back in the day

    But neither of them dogged it on the court, they had issues but between the lines they played hard, it may not have been the smartest but neither put on a show or disrespected the fans like Randle is doing.

    Randle can't touch the abilities of either player, but he wants to be the man like Lebron, and Kawhi, and Embiid, and Joker, we can go on, he's not on their level.

  8. #353
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    57,004
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Plus minus stat has been around long enough for most people to understand how it works by now. You have to both watch the game and then review the stat. If RJ played with the second unit exclusively he should have been greater than +20. If Randle did that he would been -15 or worse.

    A lot of what goes into plus minus has to do with whether the 5 person lineup is winning or losing during their time on the floor. But it also measures your contribution to that unit. If Reddish started instead of RJ, Randle would have finished with -50. You really need to watch the game to make that determination on a case by case basis.



    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    i agree with everything but Randle with the second unit that would mean Obi out and Randle dominating the ball, same thing just a different five, if Randle is Randle then the +/- isn't going to change that much, it will abit with Grimes hitting shots Burks can't hit the side of a hill right now and IQ plays better than Kemba but again if Randle turns it over and he's the guy and the ball movement in the second unit stops then the +/- will not change that drastically as you stated.

    Sadly the example of RJ's +/- is a great barometer of what i said above, I agree with RJ playing with the second unit not with Randle.

  9. #354
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    57,004
    If i'm one of RJ, Fourn or Kemba, i'm letting Thibs know put me with the second unit, you know the right way to play basketball,

    maybe that will wake up the FO and Thibs.

    I would hate to do this to Grimes, but start him, let him play with Randle for his defense and shooting and lets see what Fourn does with Obi, IQ and Cam in for Burks.

    Yes it's time Burks gets the Fourn and Kemba treatment, this is probably what upsets players the double standards.

  10. #355
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    57,004
    Julius Randle's regression has gone from ominous to alarming.

    Tommy Beer
    23 min ago
    Game Recap: Heat Smack the Knicks, 110-96
    As I noted last week, fans and pundits that claimed last week's loss to the Pelicans (in which little-known Jose Alvarado lit up MSG) represented rock bottom for the Knicks were likely in for a rude awakening.

    Well, Wednesday's blowout in Miami was really tough to watch, and the Knicks now head to Milwaukee to face the reigning champion Bucks. Then after two games at home (one of them against the red-hot Grizzlies), New York embarks on a grueling five-game West Coast road trip. So, yeah, things can (and probably will) get worse over before they get better.

    The loss to Miami last night was emblematic of the team's struggles all season, namely New York falling behind by a considerable deficit early after the starters came out with little shockingly little intensity. The reserves entered the contest and brought a spark, making the score respectable at halftime, only to see the Knicks' first unit get absolutely buried in the third quarter.

    And, once again, Julius Randle deserves a hefty dose of criticism. Randle shot just 5-of-12 shots en route to 11 points, six rebounds, four assists and four turnovers. The Knicks were outscored by a whopping 34 points in the 27 minutes Randle was on the floor. And despite the team being fined $25,000 last week by the NBA for failing to have the team's highest-paid player speak to reporters, Randle dodged post-game questions once again Wednesday evening.


    Randle's regression has gone from ominous to alarming. Over the 16 games the Knicks have played since Christmas Day, Randle is averaging 15.9 points and 3.4 turnovers while shooting a putrid 37.4% from the floor and 23.3% from downtown.

    Keep in mind that over the final 15 games of the 2021-22 regular season, Randle averaged more than six assists and 27.7 points and converted 45% of his FG attempts and 43% of his long balls. Again, nobody expected him to match or exceed his career-highs this season, but seeing just how far he's fallen is astonishing.

    Randle has been, quite literally, the least efficient high-usage player in the league this season. He's the only player in the NBA attempting more than 15 shots a night while also shooting below 42% from the floor and below 31% from behind the arc.

  11. #356
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    57,004
    What is wrong with this picture? Look where Duece is? Didn't even at that point play one second, look where RJ is, look where our leader is?



  12. #357
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    57,004
    Cumulative stats over past two games

    Obi Toppin:
    +40 plus/minus in 36 mins
    31 points on 12-for-18 shooting (67%)
    11 rebs
    5 made 3PTs' (71% from deep)

    Julius Randle:
    -56 plus/mins in 59 mins
    29 points on 11-for-29 (38%)
    13 rebs
    2 made 3PT's (20%)


    Tyrese Haliburton:
    -74 plus/mins in 65 mins
    18 points on 7-for-21 (33%)
    8 rebs
    1 made 3PT's (9%) out of 11

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,648
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Cumulative stats over past two games

    Obi Toppin:
    +40 plus/minus in 36 mins
    31 points on 12-for-18 shooting (67%)
    11 rebs
    5 made 3PTs' (71% from deep)

    Julius Randle:
    -56 plus/mins in 59 mins
    29 points on 11-for-29 (38%)
    13 rebs
    2 made 3PT's (20%)


    Tyrese Haliburton:
    -74 plus/mins in 65 mins
    18 points on 7-for-21 (33%)
    8 rebs
    1 made 3PT's (9%) out of 11
    Here you go again. First one to complain about people comparing Obi to Hali's impact and just like earlier this yr, you're the the first to do it. Funny stuff. Lets not hear any whining or see any tears about "Moving On" from the draft anymore k?

    AND IT'S ONLY 2 GAMES...AIYAIYAI

  14. #359
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    What is wrong with this picture? Look where Duece is? Didn't even at that point play one second, look where RJ is, look where our leader is?


    Is our leader having a fallout with the coach? And is Thubs trying to cover that up by supporting him in public more and more?

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by callmeDro; 01-27-2022 at 03:06 PM.

  15. #360
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    57,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Here you go again. First one to complain about people comparing Obi to Hali's impact and just like earlier this yr, you're the the first to do it. Funny stuff. Lets not hear any whining or see any tears about "Moving On" from the draft anymore k?

    AND IT'S ONLY 2 GAMES...AIYAIYAI
    as long as the Hali posts continue and not sure where you have been lol, read my friend, still reading today obi was the wrong pick, or you just didn't put 2+2 together?

    But moving on when it stops on this site I'll stop, and earlier I did say I'm not saying Hali wasn't the right pick, read my friend, read, you need to be able to put a series of posts together better.

    But yea it's two games, but after Hali played some not so good games his first really good game got posted, sorry what is good for one theme is not good for another?

    I did not get that memo?

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •