Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who gives a Frac?

With Oil prices already around record levels, and new sanctions against Russia which will likely increase the cost of Oil as we've been warned by the Biden admin. We could very easily see $5 a gallon being the norm, which effects ALL prices, energy prices are the leading cause of inflation.

One of the solutions is more fracking
    https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...ng-2022-02-15/

But there are health and environmental consequences to that.

If your a lefty and a big proponent of green energy, how do you balance our immediate need for energy, rising cost of inflation, and standing up to Russia vs your environmental goals.

Topic aside, this is one of the best thread titles I've seen in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Topic aside, this is one of the best thread titles I've seen in awhile.
    Aw Shucks, your going to make me blush.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Aw Shucks, your going to make me blush.
    It could be better. I remember those old Daily Show title cards that were sexual innuendos against Jon Stewart. Those were funny.

But this one is good too.

They should do a fracking/green energy bill. Invest in massive solar farms all over the country along with other forms of green energy.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It could be better. I remember those old Daily Show title cards that were sexual innuendos against Jon Stewart. Those were funny.

But this one is good too.
    OH yeah, I do remember those.

They should do a fracking/nuclear Invest in massive solar farms all over the country along with other forms of green energy.
    Fixed this for you.

As long as Muricans drive their big trucks we need oil!!!!!

Time to invade some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

This is one of the things I donít get. I hear lots of talk from folks on the right about personal responsibility but I donít hear any talk about getting vehicles that are more fuel efficient. Actually the opposite. They seem to try and find vehicles that are less and less fuel efficient each year.

Where I live it's hard to have both fuel efficient and necessary vehicles. 4wheel drive is nearly a must and they're just now combining 4wheel and hybrid/electric. Plus, limited charging stations. Ppl aren't getting less and less fuel efficient, they're just less able to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    With Oil prices already around record levels, and new sanctions against Russia which will likely increase the cost of Oil as we've been warned by the Biden admin. We could very easily see $5 a gallon being the norm, which effects ALL prices, energy prices are the leading cause of inflation.

One of the solutions is more fracking

But there are health and environmental consequences to that.

If your a lefty and a big proponent of green energy, how do you balance our immediate need for energy, rising cost of inflation, and standing up to Russia vs your environmental goals.
    Yeah, let's keep screwing up our environment so we can stand up to Russia. I didn't know it was a either or problem. Like saying we can't chew gum and walk at the same time.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Where I live it's hard to have both fuel efficient and necessary vehicles. 4wheel drive is nearly a must and they're just now combining 4wheel and hybrid/electric. Plus, limited charging stations. Ppl aren't getting less and less fuel efficient, they're just less able to get more.
    You need to demand they start putting charging stations and the like in your area. It's a concerted effort to not do things like that in your area. The oil companies run the show and so they don't want any competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Most of the trucks you are referring to are transporting food, consumer goods, etc., to your home... so maybe get educated a bit.

You need to demand they start putting charging stations and the like in your area. It's a concerted effort to not do things like that in your area. The oil companies run the show and so they don't want any competition.
    The majority of charging stations use fossil fuels to generate electricity to charge the EV's. Tesla is doing some crazy stuff with the charging in some of their locations, though. Secondly, there isn't enough production of EV's that are affordable for people to switch because the #1 EV producer, Tesla, can't get any new fed tax credits issued. The good news is Tesla and other manufacturers are opening new factories and EV production should reach 50% of new vehicles sold by the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Most of the trucks you are referring to are transporting food, consumer goods, etc., to your home... so maybe get educated a bit.
    He's not talking about semis you simpleton.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast