Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    You guys are honestly overthinking this a little to much, shouldn't their judicial records and opinions matter too? If not, then **** it put AOC on the supreme court.
    Sure of course that matters but I’m also not gullible enough to believe that while the presidency and congress are political that the court is some enlightened and above it all thing. This is about getting Democratic judges on the court and making the most out of each appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Sure of course that matters but I’m also not gullible enough to believe that while the presidency and congress are political that the court is some enlightened and above it all thing. This is about getting Democratic judges on the court and making the most out of each appointment.
    Mr. Justice Souter was appointed by a Republican president and was supposedly going to be the 5th vote against Roe V. Wade. Look how that turned out. Hopefully, Biden and his advisors will find a judge that can appeal to both sides of the aisle and stay on the court for a while.

The first sentence is kinda incongruent, the younger one could die at 74, while the older one could live to be 100. There is no telling with these things. One isn't significantly older than the other, it's not as though one is 45 and the other is 65.
    There’s nothing incongruent about the sentences. There is indeed no telling, hence me saying there’s a chance the younger could outlive the older, that does not mean the opposite is not also possible.

You are just looking to disagree.

You guys are honestly overthinking this a little to much, shouldn't their judicial records and opinions matter too? If not, then **** it put AOC on the supreme court.
    Their Judicial matters absolutely should matter, hence me implying their ages are irrelevant.
    Last edited by valade16; 01-27-2022 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Their Judicial matters absolutely should matter, hence me implying their ages aren’t relevant.
    You should probably have a further conversation with dbroncos about this. It was his assertion that started this conversation.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You should probably have a further conversation with dbroncos about this. It was his assertion that started this conversation.
    I don’t believe DBroncs ever made the assertion we shouldn’t consider their judicial records. He did make an assertion that we should factor in their age and go younger, which I literally disputed.

There’s nothing incongruent about the sentences. There is indeed no telling, hence me saying there’s a chance the younger could outlive the older, that does not mean the opposite is not also possible.

You are just looking to disagree.
    I just don't think 5 years is that big of a deal.

Vlade for SCOTUS, if Biden doesn't pick him it's because he hates the troops!

One change I would like to see when it comes to how SCOTUS judges are nominated is instead of the president picking one person and everyone arguing about them, they should be allowed to nominate up to like 3. Have them interview and let the senate come to a conclusion.

I just don't think 5 years is that big of a deal.
    Nor I, hence me disputing age as a factor in Dbroncs post…

Which lie of yours did I expose that has ****ed you off so much?

What.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

So the white house has officially stated that Kamala won't be the pick for the supreme court.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hou...202811727.html

I always found the rumor silly, but hopefully, this puts it to rest.

Which lie of yours did I expose that has ****ed you off so much?
    To be clear, I was joking, I would think that would be obvious.

Also, would you not want to be on SCOTUS?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    What.
    Someone can't tell an obvious joke when it's in front of them.

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast