Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You know that isn't done. I have seen many unqualify judges appointed because of political affiliations. I don't think that is being done here, chances are, most of those minorities judges have to go thru a lot of crap to prove they are worthy especially if they are a woman. I don't think a white judges face that kind of scrutinize, if he win against a minority for the SC seat there is no question about qualification.
    Have to study twice as hard to get half of what the "legacies" get. Since most admissions to prestigious law schools are legacy based, and the odds of being a legacy at a school like Harvard or Yale as a white male are considerably higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And I don't care for that way to select judges, especially for a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the country.
    But you are worry because the democrat are seeking to fill the SC position with a black female judge. Then it is a qualification issue. A bad judge in the lower courts have more excess to the public and affect people lives just as much. They just forced a judge to retire because she was going out of her way to send way far more blacks than white kids to jail for the same offense.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-27-2022 at 02:07 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Have to study twice as hard to get half of what the "legacies" get. Since most admissions to prestigious law schools are legacy based, and the odds of being a legacy at a school like Harvard or Yale as a white male are considerably higher.
    I still remember my mom, who grew up under the Jim Crow's south, telling me I had to work twice hard as a white person to maintain my job. Both my parents were hard workers. I can't say if this has proven true for me, who knows what goes on in management, but it sure influence my work habit in given a full eight hour of hard work day. I imagine those minorities who rise to the top of their white dominated profession share that work ethic of needing to prove themselves above and beyond due to the constant doubts about their qualification. The Black woman hasn't even been picked yet, a name given and there is qualification issues and a more qualify white guy isn't being considered for the position.

I told my kids, yes racism might hinder you, but go out there and do your best and leave no doubts who you are. Don't half-arse anything, your house chores, school or your relationships.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-27-2022 at 02:05 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Someone can't tell an obvious joke when it's in front of them.
    A key hallmark of any joke is for it to actually be funny.

I still remember my mom, who grew up under the Jim Crow's south, telling me I had to work twice hard as a white person to maintain my job. Both my parents were hard workers. I can't say if this has proven true for me, who knows what goes on in management, but it sure influence my work habit in given a full eight hour of hard work day. I imagine those minorities who rise to the top of their white dominated profession share that work ethic of needing to prove themselves above and beyond due to the constant doubts about their qualification. The Black woman hasn't even been picked yet, a name given and there is qualification issues and a more qualify white guy isn't being considered for the position.

I told my kids, yes racism might hinder you, but go out there and do your best and leave no doubts who you are. Don't half-arse anything, your house chores, school or your relationships.
    Yep the lesson should always be to outwork anyone you might compete with. Unfortunately in some cases, it isn't just a nice to have but a basic fundamental requirement to compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Yep the lesson should always be to outwork anyone you might compete with. Unfortunately in some cases, it isn't just a nice to have but a basic fundamental requirement to compete.
    We have to live in the reality.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    who will Joe Biden nominate?
    didn't take long before a push for a minority/black female.

does or should one's race or gender be the important factor?

you know no matter who Biden picks, Republicans are going to object. how will Democrats and media respond to that? racist? sexist?

so much is often argued that is just nonsense, from both sides, unrelated to their judicial past/qualifications.

There have been zero black female Justices on SCOTUS, and you're upset that that might change. Pathetic.

115 people have been confirmed to SCOTUS since the beginning of the country; 110 of them have been men. 2 of them have been black.

You can do this whole tired "the best candidate should be picked" thing, but we both know there have been more than 0 qualified black female judges in the entire history of the country.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

What would be wrong with nominating a white man, if he is the most qualified judge? I am more concerned about qualifications than demographics. Give me blind resumes and let me pick the person with the best qualifications. If it is a minority female, so be it. If not, so be it.
    Because there is no "most qualified," and rarely has there been. The idea that there are zero qualified black female judges in the country is plainly absurd.

108 out of 115 SCOTUS Justices have been white guys.

You notice how no one ever asks if they're the most qualified?

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

What would be wrong with nominating a white man, if he is the most qualified judge? I am more concerned about qualifications than demographics. Give me blind resumes and let me pick the person with the best qualifications. If it is a minority female, so be it. If not, so be it.
    You think that’s how it’s been done before? You think there have been zero women of color who have been the best candidate in our history?

All I want is for the most qualified person to be nominated to the supreme court, regardless of demographics.

Oh, please. This is the most worthless assertion to make on an issue like this. WhoTF is “the most qualified” and better yet, WhoTF is qualified to make that assessment?

But you are worry because the democrat are seeking to fill the SC position with a black female judge. Then it is a qualification issue. A bad judge in the lower courts have more excess to the public and affect people lives just as much. They just forced a judge to retire because she was going out of her way to send way far more blacks than white kids to jail for the same offense.
    When did I say anything about being worried about a black female judge being appointed? I said, and will repeat, I want the most qualified person, regardless of demographics, to be appointed. If it is a white male, so be it. If it is a minority male or female, so be it.
    Where in that statement am I showing concern about a black female being appointed?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Oh, please. This is the most worthless assertion to make on an issue like this. WhoTF is “the most qualified” and better yet, WhoTF is qualified to make that assessment?
    Again I will ask where I am showing any concern about any person being appointed? I am concerned only about qualifications -- not demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You think that’s how it’s been done before? You think there have been zero women of color who have been the best candidate in our history?
    Did I say that? I did not. I simply want the best person to be nominated, regardless of their demographics.
    Please stop trying to assign racism to my statements when none is there.

It's crazy how deeply ingrained this default white man **** is.

Did I say that? I did not. I simply want the best person to be nominated, regardless of their demographics.
    Please stop trying to assign racism to my statements when none is there.
    I never claimed you said that, I’m asking what you think.

Do you think we have historically selected the best candidate regardless of race?

Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast