Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    To be clear, I was joking, I would think that would be obvious.

Also, would you not want to be on SCOTUS?
    DBroncos would want me on SCOTUS, Iím so young Iíd serve at least 40 years!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    DBroncos would want me on SCOTUS, Iím so young Iíd serve at least 40 years!
    Serving 40 years would be great. The current longest serving Justice is at 30 years and Breyer is at 27. I donít think itís unreasonable to want someone on the court as long as humanly possible. Unless one believes the falsehood that the court is the one non-political body in our government.

who will Joe Biden nominate?
    didn't take long before a push for a minority/black female.

does or should one's race or gender be the important factor?

you know no matter who Biden picks, Republicans are going to object. how will Democrats and media respond to that? racist? sexist?

so much is often argued that is just nonsense, from both sides, unrelated to their judicial past/qualifications.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I see that Special has set himself up for a major hissy fit.

And while I grant that I am making a huge assumption given Specialís track record, but I nevertheless assume that Special already knows that one of Bidenís campaign promises was that if elected and if the opportunity arose, he would appoint a Black woman to the Supreme Court.

So, if Biden does appoint a Black woman, Special (and his similarly-minded cretin cohort) will get pissy and whine and moan up one side of the wall and down the other that race and sex should not matter in these appointments.

However, should Biden not follow through, Special (and his cohort ó see above) will get pissy and whine and moan up one side of the wall and down the other that the president does not keep his campaign promises.

It's ironic that Biden is going to violate the Constitution in limiting his Supreme Court choices to black female candidates only for his pick. That is discrimination plain and simple.

And, right on cue, the cretin crusade is underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I see that Special has set himself up for a major hissy fit.

And while I grant that I am making a huge assumption given Specialís track record, but I nevertheless assume that Special already knows that one of Bidenís campaign promises was that if elected and if the opportunity arose, he would appoint a Black woman to the Supreme Court.

So, if Biden does appoint a Black woman, Special (and his similarly-minded cretin cohort) will get pissy and whine and moan up one side of the wall and down the other that race and sex should not matter in these appointments.

However, should Biden not follow through, Special (and his cohort ó see above) will get pissy and whine and moan up one side of the wall and down the other that the president does not keep his campaign promises.
    That is the beauty of their rant it doesn't have to make sense or involve the need for integrity.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And, right on cue, the cretin crusade is underway.
    What would be wrong with nominating a white man, if he is the most qualified judge? I am more concerned about qualifications than demographics. Give me blind resumes and let me pick the person with the best qualifications. If it is a minority female, so be it. If not, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    What would be wrong with nominating a white man, if he is the most qualified judge? I am more concerned about qualifications than demographics. Give me blind resumes and let me pick the person with the best qualifications. If it is a minority female, so be it. If not, so be it.
    We just assume when black candidate, who get a position over a white guy, were the less qualified person.. It isn't about qualification, that is a false flag, but making the position accessible to all groups. Don't automatically assume who is the most qualified is, sometime it isn't the white guy. I imagine for some that is a hard point to get around. We aren't dumbing down the system for racial equality.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-27-2022 at 01:20 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    We just assume when black candidate, who get a position over a white guy, were the less qualified person.. It isn't about qualification, that is a false flag, but making the position accessible to all groups. Don't automatically assume who is the most qualified is, sometime it isn't the white guy. I imagine for some that is a hard point to get around. We aren't dumbing down the system for racial equality.
    It's funny how they act this disingenuous. When Ronald "God" Reagan said "It is time for a woman to sit among our highest jurists" and that he would name a woman to be "one of the first Supreme Court vacancies in my administration", was he saying that there was a single thing wrong with nominating a man?

Or is it perhaps a recognition that as we progress as a society that we should have institutions that are more reflective of the society we live in?
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    You know that isn't done. I have seen many unqualify judges appointed because of political affiliations. I don't think that is being done here, chances are, most of those minorities judges have to go thru a lot of crap to prove they are worthy especially if they are a woman. I don't think a white judges face that kind of scrutinize, if he win against a minority for the SC seat there is no question about qualification.

Will Rogers

Did I say anything about blacks being less qualified? I simply said that I want the most qualified person to be selected. If it is a white male, so be it. If it is a minority, male or female, so be it.
    All I want is the most qualified person to be nominated, regardless of demographics. As the Dallas, Texas mayor (a Democrat, by the way) said, racism is the elephant in the room.

You know that isn't done. I have seen many unqualify judges appointed because of political affiliations. I don't think that is being done here, chances are, most of those minorities judges have to go thru a lot of crap to prove they are worthy especially if they are a woman. I don't think a white judges face that kind of scrutinize, if he win against a minority for the SC seat there is no question about qualification.
    And I don't care for that way to select judges, especially for a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's funny how they act this disingenuous. When Ronald "God" Reagan said "It is time for a woman to sit among our highest jurists" and that he would name a woman to be "one of the first Supreme Court vacancies in my administration", was he saying that there was a single thing wrong with nominating a man?

Or is it perhaps a recognition that as we progress as a society that we should have institutions that are more reflective of the society we live in?
    You would think so, but here we are. Questioning the qualification of minority judges when they are sought out for a position over a white judge. Never vice versa.

Will Rogers

All I want is for the most qualified person to be nominated to the supreme court, regardless of demographics.

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast