Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sean Payton leaves Saints

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1486048076343226370

Wow, I'm glad he is gone from the NFCS

gotta laugh at ESPN....the guy says he's stepping away from the Saints because coaching isn't where his heart is right now........and they immediatedly ask 'should the Cowboys hire Payton to coach?'

gotta love 'referential' treatment

This has to be more of a "****, we got -70M space, a mid-late 1st, and no Brees? I'm gonna take a little vacation and come back to a winning team" type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    This has to be more of a "****, we got -70M space, a mid-late 1st, and no Brees? I'm gonna take a little vacation and come back to a winning team" type of thing.
    Similar to my feelings with Brady and NE.

Payton made a pretty ****** franchise relevant and was with them for 16 years. Iím ok with what these guys are doing at the sign of trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

He'll get overpaid for some time in the studio for a year or two then handpick the best situation that comes his way.

I don't know how these guys can do this year after year after year without serious heart conditions anyway...

I hope he gets to win another ring

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I hope he gets to win another ring

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    like the one he 'won' after the 2009 season?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    gotta laugh at ESPN....the guy says he's stepping away from the Saints because coaching isn't where his heart is right now........and they immediatedly ask 'should the Cowboys hire Payton to coach?'

Guy has coached the same team for 15 years straight and has probably made over 100million dollars in that time frame. The saints arenít in the best of situations right now so I honestly wonder if he just wants some time off to do other things than to focus on football 95% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Guy has coached the same team for 15 years straight and has probably made over 100million dollars in that time frame. The saints arenít in the best of situations right now so I honestly wonder if he just wants some time off to do other things than to focus on football 95% of the time.
    and not face coaching a team he knows has a dearth of talent

Bottom line is heís throwing in the towel because the saints have nothing at this point and he doesnít need the money or the grind anymore. Canít blame him.

According to him he does need a little break but hasnít ruled out coaching this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    According to him he does need a little break but hasnít ruled out coaching this season.
    That doesnít really make much sense. ďI want some time off but I could come back this year.Ē

Sounds like somebody that doesnít know what they want. Or he just specifically wants out of NO.

Sean Payton leaves Saints

He might just want a change of scenery. 15 years is a long time to coach the same team. The same thing happen with Rick Carlisle with the Dallas Mavericks. Heís still a good coach but the pairing had just ran its course. It was time to move on. I see the same thing with the Saints and Payton.

I think he wants to go to Dallas. He still has a home in Dallas and his kids spend a lot of time in Dallas. Also there has been a story going around that Jerry, Payton and the Saints Owner/GM had a deal in 2019 to allow Sean Payton to come to Dallas and coach but the Anthony Davisí trade nixed the deal. Saints GM didnít want to be the guy to lose both AD and Payton so he put the kibosh on allowing Payton to leave.

Here is a tweet about the story.

https://twitter.com/1053ss/status/14...829143042?s=21
    Last edited by Mr.B; 01-26-2022 at 12:30 AM.

Eh, I donít care who the coach is. Dallas wonít win anything as long as Jones has any involvement.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast