Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,499
    Now that Quinn is returning as the Cowboys DC we just need to hear the announcement that MM has been fired and Sean Payton is the new HC.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Now that Quinn is returning as the Cowboys DC we just need to hear the announcement that MM has been fired and Sean Payton is the new HC.
    IMO he's just the new Jason Garrett- Jerry wants to keep him for when he gets rid of the HC he has now
    Quinn's not staying on board to have Payton be his new boss......
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,499
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    IMO he's just the new Jason Garrett- Jerry wants to keep him for when he gets rid of the HC he has now
    Quinn's not staying on board to have Payton be his new boss......
    So your thinking is that Quinn will quit if Sean Payton is hired as the HC?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    So your thinking is that Quinn will quit if Sean Payton is hired as the HC?
    no, no...I just think he has a wink wink deal with Jerry, Jerry's told him he won't go after Payton if Dan stays, and Jerry has promised the job is his in a year or two
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    45,991
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well, you could just look at his post history and see that he'd regularly posted on the Packers forum before recently
    Well yeah but heís been here 3 years or whatever and now is a NFL Main mainstay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well yeah but heís been here 3 years or whatever and now is a NFL Main mainstay?
    well now that I can't answer....I mean I was mostly on the Vikings and Twins forum the first few years I was here, too.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    45,991
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well now that I can't answer....I mean I was mostly on the Vikings and Twins forum the first few years I was here, too.....
    1960 was a long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    1960 was a long time ago
    yes it was! and 35 yrs before Al Gore invented the internet!
    which made keeping up with social media that much more difficult
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,499
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    no, no...I just think he has a wink wink deal with Jerry, Jerry's told him he won't go after Payton if Dan stays, and Jerry has promised the job is his in a year or two
    I donít believe that all. I think Quinn would have left if Chicago had made him an offer. I think he would have only left if a team with a QB or young promising QB made him an offer. Thatís why I never considered NY or even Denver a threat.

    You also have to look at quality of life. Quinn had a lot of fun this year working with the Cowboys defense. Heís paid extremely well, has a young improving defense and the Cowboys are likely to spend most of their picks on defense again this off season. Why not come back for at least 1 more season. If he has another good year he will get more HC offers next season too.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,245
    For Sean Payton as far as head coaching jobs, the best 5 destinations for a HC the caliber of Sean Payton where he would definitely turn whatever franchise he is with around:

    5- Dallas Cowboys especially if you get rid of Mike McCarthy which they should because every one thought MM would be the savior. Everyone thought that he would turn the Cowboys around and he did for the most part until he failed where it counted in the playoffs but also because of his clock management and sometimes questionable decision making during games. At least with Sean Payton, he would be a massive upgrade from Mike McCarthy that is for sure. Hell, he would make the Cowboys look more respectable especially with him coaching there. I don't know why Jerry hasn't fired Mike McCarthy yet and hired Sean Payton right up front. I would if I were the Cowboys.

    4- Chicago Bears especially when you have Justin Fields as your QB. Payton as a head coach is an offense first guy but then so is Fields. But then with Payton's play calling, the Bears instantly become a better team.

    3- Jacksonville Jaguars especially if you wanna get the best out of Trevor Lawrence, then Sean Payton is definitely your guy.

    2- Denver Broncos would definitely be an intriguing landing spot for Sean Payton especially as a HC in this league

    1- The most realistic and probably the most intriguing landing spot for Sean Payton is the New York Football Giants, yeah that's right I said it the New York Giants is the best landing spot for Sean Payton. He gets his fresh start in a big city in a huge media market in New York but also New York is the ideal spot to continue to make inroads. Like Dallas, it would be a homecoming of sorts for Payton after he scored his first coordinator gig in New York and helped the Giants reach the Super Bowl.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    For Sean Payton as far as head coaching jobs, the best 5 destinations for a HC the caliber of Sean Payton where he would definitely turn whatever franchise he is with around:

    5- Dallas Cowboys especially if you get rid of Mike McCarthy which they should because every one thought MM would be the savior. Everyone thought that he would turn the Cowboys around and he did for the most part until he failed where it counted in the playoffs but also because of his clock management and sometimes questionable decision making during games. At least with Sean Payton, he would be a massive upgrade from Mike McCarthy that is for sure. Hell, he would make the Cowboys look more respectable especially with him coaching there. I don't know why Jerry hasn't fired Mike McCarthy yet and hired Sean Payton right up front. I would if I were the Cowboys.

    4- Chicago Bears especially when you have Justin Fields as your QB. Payton as a head coach is an offense first guy but then so is Fields. But then with Payton's play calling, the Bears instantly become a better team.

    3- Jacksonville Jaguars especially if you wanna get the best out of Trevor Lawrence, then Sean Payton is definitely your guy.

    2- Denver Broncos would definitely be an intriguing landing spot for Sean Payton especially as a HC in this league

    1- The most realistic and probably the most intriguing landing spot for Sean Payton is the New York Football Giants, yeah that's right I said it the New York Giants is the best landing spot for Sean Payton. He gets his fresh start in a big city in a huge media market in New York but also New York is the ideal spot to continue to make inroads. Like Dallas, it would be a homecoming of sorts for Payton after he scored his first coordinator gig in New York and helped the Giants reach the Super Bowl.
    Payton said heís not coaching this year and some of these teams have already hired a coach.
    This list doesnít make much sense to me.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,245
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Payton said heís not coaching this year and some of these teams have already hired a coach.
    This list doesnít make much sense to me.
    How does it not make sense especially when they actually have him linked to these clubs especially through the rumor/gossip mill? But also not to mention realistically if he were to change his mind how do you know those teams wouldn't hire him? I know they definitely would especially if you have seen his track record with the Saints.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    How does it not make sense especially when they actually have him linked to these clubs especially through the rumor/gossip mill? But also not to mention realistically if he were to change his mind how do you know those teams wouldn't hire him? I know they definitely would especially if you have seen his track record with the Saints.
    Are we talking this year or next year?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,245
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Are we talking this year or next year?
    I'm talkin bout next year how are you so sure Payton at some point won't change his mind and decide to coach again? Happens all the time

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'm talkin bout next year how are you so sure Payton at some point won't change his mind and decide to coach again? Happens all the time
    He might coach after a year off.
    Generally speaking teams donít fire head coaches after one year. Thatís why the list doesnít make sense to me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •