Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think this team can retool pretty easily. They gotta dump some of these guys though, might miss the play-in this year but I think we can be pretty good next year if we shore up some things and make a couple trades.

There is no way we traded for Reddish for him to ride the bench, and Grimes has played his way into a full rotation player, so I fully expect they have some trades on the horizon to clear some of the wing glut.
    This team clearly has talent and a nice bench. I think the main problem is Thibs. He has this rotation burned into his head and won't adjust. We have been killed every single 3rd quarter this year because " the starters always play until 3min left in the 3rd" no matter what.

Thibs lack of accountability for Julius Randle is disgusting. Meanwhile, Obi messes up on a 20pt lead and will get benched immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Randle wanted that 1v1 hero ball so badly. You can see it in his eyes. He had absolutely no business taking the ball up the court. I was literally yelling at the screen the whole time.
    I never bought into the whole Randle is jealous of RJ narrative, but I definitely saw it on that last play and the body language after. And as RJ is ascending and getting his name cheered at the Garden, and Randle is getting boo'ed and all of his MVP chants are gone, I think I'm seeing it. RJ also has made a point in a few recent post game interviews to butter up the NY fans as the best in the world. The same fans Randle is publicly feuding with.

Seems like Randle and Thibs vs everyone else right now. Thibs clearly drew up the last horrible play for Randle, who was visibly upset he didn't shoot the shot on the prior possession. Randle has no business taking that shot, he can't shoot for ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    What more can be said.

Kemba Walker has been more of a pure scorer. He doesn't facilitate. During his last year as a Celtic, he lost his starting point guard position then reduced to a bench player. Walker should be grateful Thibs is allowing him to remain a starter.

There was hardly any ball movement on this team. Randle had 4 assists but also 4 turnovers, therefore having a zero effect.

RJ Barrett had the right idea. He was drawing fouls but Barrett is an average FT shooter.
    WTF are you talking about? Will you please stop making sh it up, please, what goes on in your head, yes you are all over Kemba, damn but don't make things up.

His last year in Celtic land he did not lose his starting job, in fact he was playing over 35m per game and in his last three he played 36, 40 ,39 then in the playoffs he played 27, 31, 34 then couldn't go because of his Knee.

wow, just wow! So what is your point now?

I think this team can retool pretty easily. They gotta dump some of these guys though, might miss the play-in this year but I think we can be pretty good next year if we shore up some things and make a couple trades.

There is no way we traded for Reddish for him to ride the bench, and Grimes has played his way into a full rotation player, so I fully expect they have some trades on the horizon to clear some of the wing glut.
    agreed. we are in a solid place overall, especially if RJ continues to ascend. we have vets on moveable contracts, I think something will happen at the deadline.

Grimes and RJ are the best takeaways so far this year for me. Grimes's floor seems to be a 3 & D guy, but he could be more than that.

This team clearly has talent and a nice bench. I think the main problem is Thibs. He has this rotation burned into his head and won't adjust. We have been killed every single 3rd quarter this year because " the starters always play until 3min left in the 3rd" no matter what.

Thibs lack of accountability for Julius Randle is disgusting. Meanwhile, Obi messes up on a 20pt lead and will get benched immediately.
    Yea I'm getting sick of Thibs act as well. I appreciate how he got us out of the gutter last year but he's been abysmal this year. I hate switching coaches every year - good teams don't do that - so I'm open to us making some moves to build a Thibs type team. I also think he would be a good coach for a young team if the FO gave him no choice but to feature the young guys by trading the vets. But I'm fine if our future includes canning Thibs at this point.

Thibs has his faults, but lets be honest he took a 17 win team to 41 wins and #4 seed... biggest issue this year has been Randle...period. We literally lost an MVP player and replaced him with a net negative, thats just hard to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    agreed. we are in a solid place overall, especially if RJ continues to ascend. we have vets on moveable contracts, I think something will happen at the deadline.

Grimes and RJ are the best takeaways so far this year for me. Grimes's floor seems to be a 3 & D guy, but he could be more than that.
    Hoping Grimes can be a guard version of Mikhail Bridges.

The best thing for this team is probably trading vets and going young the rest of the year. Getting lucky in the lottery this year would be huge for this team. This team isn't making any noise in the playoffs so what's the point.

Yea I'm getting sick of Thibs act as well. I appreciate how he got us out of the gutter last year but he's been abysmal this year. I hate switching coaches every year - good teams don't do that - so I'm open to us making some moves to build a Thibs type team. I also think he would be a good coach for a young team if the FO gave him no choice but to feature the young guys by trading the vets. But I'm fine if our future includes canning Thibs at this point.
    firing Thibs less than 2 seasons in would be a typical Knicks move.

take a step back and we are 23-25 despite Randle just falling off a cliff and the east being much better.

I get the whole "Obi should play more"... but what if it turns out that Obi just isn't that good? How many players have we clamored to play more, yet they go elsewhere and burn out just as well? I'm definitely guilty of that with Frank, always thought he could put it together, but Thibs sees these guys everyday, if he really thought they'd help the team he'd play them. Grimes case in point. and when I saw that Thibs wouldn't play Frank, I knew it was over for Frank. because Thibs values defense and IQ.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 01-25-2022 at 10:21 AM.

Hoping Grimes can be a guard version of Mikhail Bridges.

The best thing for this team is probably trading vets and going young the rest of the year. Getting lucky in the lottery this year would be huge for this team. This team isn't making any noise in the playoffs so what's the point.
    i agree, and in that sense maybe stumbling into the deadline would be best, make us sellers.

obi actually hit a 3 point shot and was playing some great defense on Love and it was time for Randle you see him get off the bench and Obi is like WTF? I'm sorry others like IQ, get it going he leaves them but with Obi, the guy no matter what can't get more than 15m no a very good night?

This is total BS and not developing this kid at all, this is fully on Thibs, the talent is there, the desire is there, his heart is there, his love for the game is there, yet for some reason, Thibs just won't let this kid develop.

I'm sorry for all you we should have drafted this one, got that one, who the F knows what Thibs would do, look at the Cam situation, clearly it's his way or the highway, he's like telling the FO, screw you i didn't ask for this kid, i'm going with my guys.

I thought the second to last shot was very interesting. Knicks down 1, Randle dribbles the length of the court, doing his Randle-no-handle 1 on 1 action, clearly laser focused on taking the last shot, RJ was at the top of the key calling for it and calling for it, Randle finally gave up his 1v1 dream and swung it to RJ, RJ bricked the shot, Randle looked pissed, I think Randle thought he was going to reposition and get the ball back but RJ shot it instead.

Then the last shot of the game was an atrocious design and Randle heave, he looked pissed he didn't get to try and win the game on the prior possession.

An interesting moment as Randle/RJ struggle to figure out who is the alpha on the team. Randle clearly thought he was the guy who should've been taking the last shot (before the heave). RJ was aggressively calling for the ball, and got it, and shot it, and clearly thought he was the guy who should've been taking the last shot.
    Dubious Handle has looked pissed on the court most of this season. Time to move on. RJ is the best player on the team at least in January. Randle has no business taking the last shot when he shot 35/28/66 in the game.
    It had to be Barrett or Grimes taking the last shot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Thibs has his faults, but lets be honest he took a 17 win team to 41 wins and #4 seed... biggest issue this year has been Randle...period. We literally lost an MVP player and replaced him with a net negative, thats just hard to overcome.
    Thibs strengths were magnified on last years team and his flaws are magnified on this team.

I also think it's possible that in 2022, Thibs is best suited to take a struggling team, putting some structure and discipline in place and teaching them how to be professionals and dragging them out of the gutter. He might not be the guy to get a decent team and make them really good anymore. There are loads of examples of guys like that who max out with a team and a more progressive coach gets them over the hump.

Dwayne Casey/Nick Nurse, Mark Jackson/Steve Kerr, Kenny Atkinson/Steve Nash.

Thibs might have maxed out what we need from him here.....not really sure tbh, but there is precedent for moving on quickly from these types of discipline-oriented coaches in favor of a more progressive coach to take a team to the next step.

Thibs strengths were magnified on last years team and his flaws are magnified on this team.

I also think it's possible that in 2022, Thibs is best suited to take a struggling team, putting some structure and discipline in place and teaching them how to be professionals and dragging them out of the gutter. He might not be the guy to get a decent team and make them really good anymore. There are loads of examples of guys like that who max out with a team and a more progressive coach gets them over the hump.

Dwayne Casey/Nick Nurse, Mark Jackson/Steve Kerr, Kenny Atkinson/Steve Nash.

Thibs might have maxed out what we need from him here.....not really sure tbh, but there is precedent for moving on quickly from these types of discipline-oriented coaches in favor of a more progressive coach to take a team to the next step.
    and thats fine, but we arent at that next stage yet, no need to rush into looking for a next stage coach.

I thought the second to last shot was very interesting. Knicks down 1, Randle dribbles the length of the court, doing his Randle-no-handle 1 on 1 action, clearly laser focused on taking the last shot, RJ was at the top of the key calling for it and calling for it, Randle finally gave up his 1v1 dream and swung it to RJ, RJ bricked the shot, Randle looked pissed, I think Randle thought he was going to reposition and get the ball back but RJ shot it instead.

Then the last shot of the game was an atrocious design and Randle heave, he looked pissed he didn't get to try and win the game on the prior possession.

An interesting moment as Randle/RJ struggle to figure out who is the alpha on the team. Randle clearly thought he was the guy who should've been taking the last shot (before the heave). RJ was aggressively calling for the ball, and got it, and shot it, and clearly thought he was the guy who should've been taking the last shot.
    You are right. I re-watched that play. looked like Barrett was crowding Randle and not giving him room to work when Randle was looking for the clear-out. Definitely looked like both expected to get the ball and get a a chance to work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

firing Thibs less than 2 seasons in would be a typical Knicks move.

take a step back and we are 23-25 despite Randle just falling off a cliff and the east being much better.

I get the whole "Obi should play more"... but what if it turns out that Obi just isn't that good? How many players have we clamored to play more, yet they go elsewhere and burn out just as well? I'm definitely guilty of that with Frank, always thought he could put it together, but Thibs sees these guys everyday, if he really thought they'd help the team he'd play them. Grimes case in point. and when I saw that Thibs wouldn't play Frank, I knew it was over for Frank. because Thibs values defense and IQ.

Yes you were with Frank but most fans saw he didn't have that everything to be that guy, almost all but maybe one saw the lack of desire in Knox, who else do fans want that went elsewhere and even got the opportunity?

I'm not agreeing no, not at all with Obi, what if? That is the biggest cop out yet, what if he starts playing like last night or some other nights we saw? You want to judge a player on 8 min spread out in 4's? That is BS.

Obi has shown enough that given the opportunity like Grimes he may have something, so what are you saying, don't try and let the kid when he's rolling, you know continue?

the kid has an endless motor, never seems to breath heavy, even when he played his 40+ min he was running up and down the court, reward the kid.

It's not Thibs thinks he can't it's oh boy Randle plays there and obviously Randle don't want to play Center so that is Thibs excuse with Rim protection.

And lastly we need to stop with all the BS that we are only two games below .500, if we were coached right and Randle was used properly, why couldn't we be 12 games over .500 battling for top 6?

Why the default to what if Randle was playing well, why not why is the coaching enabling him to play poorly?

Accountability, if you feel it's perfectly fine for a player to shoot a three then let his man break for a dunk all in 3 seconds, and the coach don't even blink, you and I have nothing to discuss, that was the ball game, hook line and sinker.

I'm done with the Thibs apoligists, we are below .500 because of him first, then Randle, enough with if Randle played like last year, there are ways to calm his bad play down and let RJ take the helm and let obi play 18 m.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast