Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 151
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4,664

    Game #47: LA Clippers (22-23) @ NY Knicks (22-24): Cinderella after the ball


    Haunted: After the embarrassing loss to the Pelicans at MSG, Julius Randle skipped out on the zoom call post game with the media. Randle is growing increasingly out of touch with the fans and media. Randle isn't the only one who has ghosted the media. Team President Leon Rose never does zoom calls. The Front Office has been largely silent this season. Anyone can field the press calls when it's gravy. True leadership is riding the storm.

    When hope turns to ash: Roll the clocks back to 2014. Doc Rivers, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, etc forced franchise owner, Donald Sterling to sell. Cocaine mistress doesn't necessarily make one a racist, just prone to the kind of company who are not your friends. The Clipper personnel made it seem like Emancipation Proclamation. Reality, Sterling got $2B for the franchise. Clippers never made it to the NBA finales. Blake Griffin was traded. Chris Paul and deAndre Jordan left. Doc Rivers was fired. Kawhi's legs gave out. Paul George is injured.

    The Knicks continue to be a franchise stuck between win at any cost and developing players. As a result, the franchise tends to sabotage itself.

    1.Turning back into a Pumpkin: Over the last 10 games, Julius Randle has showed signs of disturbing regression: Over the last 10 games, he averaged 38.9 FG% and 22.9 3P% His stock has dropped after signing a new contract. Good luck moving him.

    2. Fantasy Hoop Hell: Fournier, Randle, & Walker sounds like someone drafting #7 in the snake fantasy draft but not knowing what they're doing. Last year's hero, Derrick Rose has been out 4 weeks. When he comes back will there be enough left to spark the Knicks to the Playoffs again?

    3. Trade Deadline: The Front Office is trolling, hoping a superstar shakes through so they can swoop.

    4. What is the worth of Obi Toppin, Mitchel Robinson, & the youth group?

    5. Will Thibs resign?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    5,024
    Cam Reddish (right ankle sprain) is healthy but coach Tom Thibodeau wouldn't commit to playing him vs. the Clippers on Sunday.
    “We’ll see where he is [on Sunday],” Thibodeau said.
    That's the first game in a back-to-back set, so even if Reddish doesn't play this weekend, we might see his Knicks debut in Cleveland on Monday.
    Thibs previously said that he won't guarantee Reddish any playing time, so it's a wait-and-see situation


    https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/basket...69/cam-reddish

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,218
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Cam Reddish (right ankle sprain) is healthy but coach Tom Thibodeau wouldn't commit to playing him vs. the Clippers on Sunday.
    “We’ll see where he is [on Sunday],” Thibodeau said.
    That's the first game in a back-to-back set, so even if Reddish doesn't play this weekend, we might see his Knicks debut in Cleveland on Monday.
    Thibs previously said that he won't guarantee Reddish any playing time, so it's a wait-and-see situation


    https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/basket...69/cam-reddish
    If thibs doesn't play cam at all this year and we suck he needs to be fired

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58,261
    Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    26m
    Cam Reddish said he's ready to go Sunday. Doubt he'll get many minutes but would be surprised if Thibodeau DNPed him even if coach said today he has a rotation.
    Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    1h
    Thibodeau said Cam Reddish is 100 percent healthy. Said he’ll see where he is tomorrow but cautioned about patience as he has a rotation.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,908
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    26m
    Cam Reddish said he's ready to go Sunday. Doubt he'll get many minutes but would be surprised if Thibodeau DNPed him even if coach said today he has a rotation.
    Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    1h
    Thibodeau said Cam Reddish is 100 percent healthy. Said he’ll see where he is tomorrow but cautioned about patience as he has a rotation.



    There in lies the problem and the issue that I think fans and mgt have with Thibs. Little did Cam know, but he had it better in ATL. More minutes and the way it's looking, the potential for a playoff birth w/ transformational teammate who got HIM recognized last yr.

    WHO ARE THE AGENTS FOR THEE GUYS????

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    67,109

    Game #47: LA Clippers (22-23) @ NY Knicks (22-24): Cinderella after the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    [/B]

    There in lies the problem and the issue that I think fans and mgt have with Thibs. Little did Cam know, but he had it better in ATL. More minutes and the way it's looking, the potential for a playoff birth w/ transformational teammate who got HIM recognized last yr.

    WHO ARE THE AGENTS FOR THEE GUYS????
    He’s been playing 25 mins a night since he entered the league. He’s a 38% shooter for his career. He’s shooting a career best 40% with a career best EFG% of 48%. Who is giving him a bigger role without him coming in and playing really well? I remember when we traded for DSJ and no cared that as an unestablished 2nd year player he left the Mavs team bc of his role. This kid has tools but he also has big red flags. I do think he’ll get a shot. I get the feeling Thibs still has a ton of front office pull after last year. I don’t think it reasonable for anyone to expect him to walk in and play a ton off the bat though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-23-2022 at 03:49 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    38,637
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He’s been playing 25 mins a night since he entered the league. He’s a 38% shooter for his career. He’s shooting a career best 40% with a career best EFG% of 48%. Who is giving him a bigger role without him coming in and playing really well? I remember when we traded for DSJ and no cared that as an unestablished 2nd year player he left the Mavs team bc of his role. This kid has tools but he also has big red flags. I do think he’ll get a shot. I get the feeling Thibs still has a ton of front office pull after last year. I don’t think it reasonable for anyone to expect him to walk in and play a ton off the bat though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i gotta agree.

    And we aren't a rebuilding team, we are trying to make the playoffs and we should be trying to. way too early to tank.

    I thought CAM was a RFA at season's end, but its after NEXT season, so i'm sure we're not in a huge rush to play him. He's gotta earn it.

    like you i'm confused, because CAM played almost 30mpg last year, I can't imagine any other team, especially a contender like ATL playing him that much, he's simple not good at either end.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,022
    Oh well.. Cam this Cam that.. Let's see how the kid plays. Thibs better play him because no one on the team deserves not to be taken out of the rotation

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,168
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He’s been playing 25 mins a night since he entered the league. He’s a 38% shooter for his career. He’s shooting a career best 40% with a career best EFG% of 48%. Who is giving him a bigger role without him coming in and playing really well? I remember when we traded for DSJ and no cared that as an unestablished 2nd year player he left the Mavs team bc of his role. This kid has tools but he also has big red flags. I do think he’ll get a shot. I get the feeling Thibs still has a ton of front office pull after last year. I don’t think it reasonable for anyone to expect him to walk in and play a ton off the bat though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People act like he’s “never gotten a shot to play”…

    He’s been well over 20 mpg. Never consistently shot well. Never consistently played well enough to step his role up. He might still come through, but to say he’s being held back, is just not accurate.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4,664
    Thibs has to be frustrated.

    He's a veteran coach. He was promised that the rebuild was over. His buddy Leon Rose was going to sign his former clients. Last two off-seasons were "meh." Pretty much, Cam Reddish looks to be the big move.

    Not exactly Christmas.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Thibs has to be frustrated.

    He's a veteran coach. He was promised that the rebuild was over. His buddy Leon Rose was going to sign his former clients. Last two off-seasons were "meh." Pretty much, Cam Reddish looks to be the big move.

    Not exactly Christmas.
    Tell Thibs to coach better..and utilize what he has. Then he wouldn’t be so frustrated

    We have the least creative offensive systems in the league. And some bizarre rotations/lineups. Which directly are attributed to him

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    38,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Thibs has to be frustrated.

    He's a veteran coach. He was promised that the rebuild was over. His buddy Leon Rose was going to sign his former clients. Last two off-seasons were "meh." Pretty much, Cam Reddish looks to be the big move.

    Not exactly Christmas.
    we got Evan and Kemba, those moves havent worked out but those were 2 good FA's to get.

    at the end of the day we were never winning anything if Randle was going to shoot 40%, NO TEAM is going to win with their best player playing so poorly.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    67,109
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    People act like he’s “never gotten a shot to play”…

    He’s been well over 20 mpg. Never consistently shot well. Never consistently played well enough to step his role up. He might still come through, but to say he’s being held back, is just not accurate.
    He’s just hasn’t been good yet. Apparently he’s shown flashes and he has physical tools. I’m a little confused why everyone thinks he has play a lot to start and why people don’t seem to see a guy like him asking out for a bigger role when he’s always got clock, shot attempts, and played poorly isn’t a bit troubling.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    67,109

    Game #47: LA Clippers (22-23) @ NY Knicks (22-24): Cinderella after the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Tell Thibs to coach better..and utilize what he has. Then he wouldn’t be so frustrated

    We have the least creative offensive systems in the league. And some bizarre rotations/lineups. Which directly are attributed to him
    Agreed. A lot of fans act like Thibs is doing what any other coach would do and guys are just missing. I don’t think so. I think he’s pretty extreme in his views. When it works he gets credit when it doesn’t you have to ask if he’s part of the problem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    20,168
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Agreed. A lot of fans act like Thibs is doing what any other coach would do and guys are just missing. I don’t think so. I think he’s pretty extreme in his views. When it works he gets credit when it doesn’t you have to ask if he’s part of the problem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bingo!

    Last year, when I (or others) criticized him, it was “well, look at our record, it’s working”. So now that it’s not, can we question him? Or are we going to make excuses why it isn’t working?

    There were always big question marks there

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •