Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But barry was here last year. So does he get credit for them playing well last year?
    Did they play that well last year though? And some of it, I think, is its year 2 and barry made more changes this year. I think theres similar issues on offense. Just changing stuff for the sake of change.

I mean yea, Amos, Douglas and stokes pretty objectively played very well last year.

Last year stokes was in par with basically all the other rookie corners for coverage grades. This year he's been truly awful. Don't have the numbers in front of me but saw a post that opposing QBs are something like 21/25 when targeting stokes in coverage and that likely doesn't even take into account some of the times it seems like he was the one that blew a coverage and left a guy open.

Amos was consistently one of PFFs top safeties in total grades and I actually think he was their top safety if you expand the timeframe to his full tenure in GB before thos year. Now he's not even grading out as a starter. Douglas had had similar struggles.

Savage was never consistently good, but he's been epically bad. He's PFFs worst safety in the league this year overall and in coverage and his tackling is like 5th worst.

Everyone likes to **** on Barry. I don't think Barry is good by any means but these dudes need to play better. Defensive play calls are almost irrelevant given how bad some of these guys are playing.

And that doesn't even include guys like Campbell and Lowry who had career years last year and are now pretty quiet.

Look at last week. Bills first TD drive. Packers had them in a 3rd and 14. Savage has a chance to make a stop and force a 4th and 3 or so. Good chance buffalo kicks there or there's a chance they go for it and we get a stop. But savage doesn't even touch Allen. I get Allen is tough to bring down, but savage doesn't try to wrap up, just tried to throw the shoulder and literally whiffs so bad he never touches him. That's a super common play for our DBs.

Sounds like Gary tore his ACL and is done for the year. Great. Not only is our season screwed, but now there's a chance one of our few young, cornerstone guys won't be ready for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Sounds like Gary tore his ACL and is done for the year. Great. Not only is our season screwed, but now there's a chance one of our few young, cornerstone guys won't be ready for next year.
    Well, at least it happened before we paid him.

sounds like Eric Stokes could also be out an extended period of time

The Packers released WR Kawaan Baker from the practice squad today.

Bizarre move to be making right now. I have no idea what it accomplishes.

Probably want the spot and maybe that means stokes or someone isn't going on the IR so they want the PS spot for a position they may need to elevate.

Packers claimed Johnathan Abram off waivers
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 11-09-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Amari Rodgers and Kylin Hill have been released, Cobb designated to return, Dede Westbrook and Tim Ward signed to PS, Patrick Taylor signed to active roster

Packers released Patrick Taylor and Claimed LB Justin Hollins off waivers from Rams

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234