Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 269 1231151101 ... LastLast

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Considering the Draft is comin soon, seeing mocks or seeing the latest mock it has the Knicks currently at #15 and with the 15th pick in the 2022 NBA Draft the Knicks could take TyTy Washington (PG) out of Kentucky

Hmm...I often think, after top 5-6 picks, the NBA draft has a bit of a drop off in terms of players with "Plus" stuff. TyTy Washington has been projected to go between 20-22nd pick area. Jaden Hardy is another name that popped up...the Knicks could draft 15th.

To me, the team who could make a major leap could be the Detroit Pistons...

More and more franchises are investing more money into scouts and player development than free agency.

Why? These free agent superstars will tell you how to run your team, clog up your cap space, and have no loyalty.

The Memphis Grizzles 4/5 starters were drafted. The Cleveland Cavaliers 3/5 starters were drafted. Toronto Raptors 4/5 starters were drafted. The Golden State Warriors 4/5 starters were drafted.

The Detroit Pistons have Saddiq Bey, Cade Cunningham, Killian Hayes, Isaiah Stewart....if Detroit can draft Jabari Smith...damn.

Which is why if the Knicks were smart they would build through the Draft

So lets look at the Pistons making this leap?

Bey- he was drafted by the Nets and traded to the Pistons, Bruce Brown was traded by the Pistons, he's not bad himself

Isaiah Stewart- Drafted by Portland, traded to Houston, and houston traded him to the piston for Wood, and 2022 first round pick heavily protect 18,18,13,11,9, none..........not sure i'm bragging on this.

Cade- first round pick #1 OVERALL, guess Dr Detfink would treat the Knicks very politely if they stunk this bad to get this early of pick? Not! 2021 pick

Diallo- drafted in 2018 by the Bucks and traded 4x,

Hayes, again Pistons stunk but got a 7th pick and used it on Hayes, when Cole, Hali were available, hows that looking about now? 59 games played and 6.4 pts in 26 min per game, super? Shooting 29% from three, super!
    2020 pick

Grant, yet another trade and they are looking to move on from him and vice a versa, super!

Frank Jackson was traded 4x and then picked up out of the G-League, OK?

kelly O, don't believe he was drafted by the Pistons lol

2019 Pistons had pick number 15 and chose Doumbouya , traded him and he can't get on the court at all.

2018 pick Brown they traded away to the Nets

2017 pick was Luke Kennard for the pistons in 24 min he averaged 9.8pts with 2.8 bds, this #12 pick netted them a second round pick and cash, wow, what a great reward for not being good?

2016 picks was the great Henry Ellenson, Knick fans know him well. he was picked number 18. you know what the Pistons got for this mid first? Nothing!

2015 pick, the legendary Stanely Johnson scoring 7 pts in 22 min and throwing up bricks , he was picked 8th , but fear not this number 8 pick netted them Thon Maker?

2014 they had no first round pick

I think everyone gets the picture on how this very bad team did with all its draft picks.

Just another note of this great franchise, they were the team that drafted Middleton in 2012 in the second round #39
    Smart move traded to the Bucks with Brandon Knight for Brandon Jennings.

Okay history lesson now over.

But you would think a team with past records in order : from 2008-2009 season:
    27-55, 30-52, 25-41, 29-53, 29-53, 32-50,
    44-38, 37-45, 39-43, 41-41, 20-46, 20-52

maybe have bit more to show for it?
    Last edited by still a fan; 01-23-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    So lets look at the Pistons making this leap?

Bey- he was drafted by the Nets and traded to the Pistons, Bruce Brown was traded by the Pistons, he's not bad himself

Isaiah Stewart- Drafted by Portland, traded to Houston, and houston traded him to the piston for Wood, and 2022 first round pick heavily protect 18,18,13,11,9, none..........not sure i'm bragging on this.

Cade- first round pick #1 OVERALL, guess Dr Detfink would treat the Knicks very politely if they stunk this bad to get this early of pick? Not! 2021 pick

Diallo- drafted in 2018 by the Bucks and traded 4x,

Hayes, again Pistons stunk but got a 7th pick and used it on Hayes, when Cole, Hali were available, hows that looking about now? 59 games played and 6.4 pts in 26 min per game, super? Shooting 29% from three, super!
    2020 pick

Grant, yet another trade and they are looking to move on from him and vice a versa, super!

Frank Jackson was traded 4x and then picked up out of the G-League, OK?

kelly O, don't believe he was drafted by the Pistons lol

2019 Pistons had pick number 15 and chose Doumbouya , traded him and he can't get on the court at all.

2018 pick Brown they traded away to the Nets

2017 pick was Luke Kennard for the pistons in 24 min he averaged 9.8pts with 2.8 bds, this #12 pick netted them a second round pick and cash, wow, what a great reward for not being good?

2016 picks was the great Henry Ellenson, Knick fans know him well. he was picked number 18. you know what the Pistons got for this mid first? Nothing!

2015 pick, the legendary Stanely Johnson scoring 7 pts in 22 min and throwing up bricks , he was picked 8th , but fear not this number 8 pick netted them Thon Maker?

2014 they had no first round pick

I think everyone gets the picture on how this very bad team did with all its draft picks.

Just another note of this great franchise, they were the team that drafted Middleton in 2012 in the second round #39
    Smart move traded to the Bucks with Brandon Knight for Brandon Jennings.

Okay history lesson now over.

But you would think a team with past records in order : from 2008-2009 season:
    27-55, 30-52, 25-41, 29-53, 29-53, 32-50,
    44-38, 37-45, 39-43, 41-41, 20-46, 20-52

maybe have bit more to show for it?
    An organization with a track record far worse than the Knicks! That made me feel better

Have a feeling we'll be rooting for ping-pong balls this year. Thought/hoped we were done with that for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Have a feeling we'll be rooting for ping-pong balls this year. Thought/hoped we were done with that for a while.
    well i'm tending to agree with you because even if we get in the playin I doubt we win two games to make the top 8?

But the odds that far back well we just don't have that kind of lottery luck

well i'm tending to agree with you because even if we get in the playin I doubt we win two games to make the top 8?

But the odds that far back well we just don't have that kind of lottery luck
    Let’s ask the Cleveland owner’s son to represent us in the lottery. Apparently the NBA loves that kid. He wins every time.

Every mock I look at, it has the Knicks taking a point guard and every time I look at mocks online it has you guys taking TyTy Washington (PG) (6'3 185 pounds) out of Kentucky

After a year off, we’re back…my favorite thread smh.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    After a year off, we’re back…my favorite thread smh.
    hard to get overly excited if we wind up with a late lottery pick though.

Possible to be in play for say another 8th or 9th, but geesh here we go again for not winning an 8th or 9th pick?

Maybe we can package IQ and the pick to move up?

I'd rather us blow up the team than play vets to be a late lottery, I think most would.

hard to get overly excited if we wind up with a late lottery pick though.

Possible to be in play for say another 8th or 9th, but geesh here we go again for not winning an 8th or 9th pick?

Maybe we can package IQ and the pick to move up?

I'd rather us blow up the team than play vets to be a late lottery, I think most would.
    They are at 10 now. 10 and higher has a realistic chance of moving up with the new rules.

I don’t see this team winning more than 32 games (yes, at most 9 more wins which is depressing). They’ll be in the 8-10 range. We’ll just need some luck from there.

Since the new rules:

2021, Toronto moved up from 7.

2020, Chicago moved up from 7 and Charlotte from 8.

2019, New Orleans moved up from 7, Memphis from 8 and LAL from 11.

The only thing is, they need to move into the top 3, not just 4. Let’s have some faith…
    Last edited by smood999; 01-29-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Also if they do move up, the three best players are a C and two PFs. Knicks fans are going to love that lol.

Also if they do move up, the three best players are a C and two PFs. Knicks fans are going to love that lol.

I know and the next couple are SG's do we need more of those also? We have Cam and Grimes?

The top pg in the draft is expected to go 10th to us, so your right what we need and where he is forcasted we could get a needed player. Imagine that another Kentucky player lol

Senior year, he has tools, i'm thinking he will move up in the draft when all is said and done!

https://youtu.be/WiO_38gvSc4

Take the best talent. If we get a center we sign and trade Mitch. If we get a PF we def trade Randall. Sometimes that happens and you trade for wings. I am a delusional optimist sometimes. Man, next year Rokas is going to come over and be ROY and pg of the future.

Page 1 of 269 1231151101 ... LastLast