Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So the talk out of Houston's camp appears to be "We're up for it, but we want an incentive." If the deal is Westbrook and the Lakers 2027 unprotected 1st for Wall, I'm here for it... assuming Westbrook immediately gets bought out and never wears a Rockets jersey ever again.

Westbrook was pretty much responsible for the implosion of the Morey/D'Antoni/Harden Rockets, and trading him for CP3 will go down as maybe the worst trade in franchise history. If the Rockets can find a way to somehow unload him and then trade for him again to get 2 first rounders back in return, they 100% should do it.

But if the Lakers aren't willing to part with any picks or assets, it's a hard pass. And if the Rockets aren't willing to buy him out, it's an even harder pass.

From the Lakers' perspective, though, this might be your best chance to save face. Worst case scenario, you trade for Wall and he's just as bad as Westbrook or can't stay healthy. But Wall sitting on your bench and doing nothing is less damaging to your chances at making a deep playoff run than Westbrook actually getting minutes on it. I also think Wall is way more likely to take a reduced role in the offense than Westbrook would be, on top of just being a better overall fit than Westbrook on paper.

It's worth noting here, though, that John Wall was not a good NBA player last seasonótrust me on this. If you trade for him, you're trading one bad, dramatically overpaid player for another. But you're doing it because this awful guy is a better fit than your current awful guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    So the talk out of Houston's camp appears to be "We're up for it, but we want an incentive." If the deal is Westbrook and the Lakers 2027 unprotected 1st for Wall, I'm here for it... assuming Westbrook immediately gets bought out and never wears a Rockets jersey ever again.

Westbrook was pretty much responsible for the implosion of the Morey/D'Antoni/Harden Rockets, and trading him for CP3 will go down as maybe the worst trade in franchise history. If the Rockets can find a way to somehow unload him and then trade for him again to get 2 first rounders back in return, they 100% should do it.

But if the Lakers aren't willing to part with any picks or assets, it's a hard pass. And if the Rockets aren't willing to buy him out, it's an even harder pass.

From the Lakers' perspective, though, this might be your best chance to save face. Worst case scenario, you trade for Wall and he's just as bad as Westbrook or can't stay healthy. But Wall sitting on your bench and doing nothing is less damaging to your chances at making a deep playoff run than Westbrook actually getting minutes on it. I also think Wall is way more likely to take a reduced role in the offense than Westbrook would be, on top of just being a better overall fit than Westbrook on paper.

It's worth noting here, though, that John Wall was not a good NBA player last seasonótrust me on this. If you trade for him, you're trading one bad, dramatically overpaid player for another. But you're doing it because this awful guy is a better fit than your current awful guy.
    Supposedly the Lakers said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Supposedly the Lakers said no.
    Likely cause they think they can move him for a super star

Wasnít Harden pressuring the organization into getting him?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Wasnít Harden pressuring the organization into getting him?
    Yes, Harden didn't like CP3's leadership style. We know he can wear teammates down.

He wanted him gone. Maybe thought with his injuries he was going to break down sooner too.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Yes, Harden didn't like CP3's leadership style. We know he can wear teammates down.

He wanted him gone. Maybe thought with his injuries he was going to break down sooner too.
    I remember reading how CP3 and Harden clashed with CP3 being critical of Harden not participating in the offence unless he had the ball in his hands.

Harden deserves a lot of blame for not meshing well with CP3 (and Dwight Howard and others)* but I think it was more Fertitta that hated CP3ís grandfathered in contract extension he was forced to adhere to. Harden mightíve forced the trade anyway but it was inevitable once Fertitta took over that CP3 was on borrowed time.

*Thatís why Iíd be wary if Iím the Sixers. Maybe Harden changed a bit, maybe Embiid is too far above Harden to make Harden want the limelight, or maybe whatever, I dunno. But Iím not 100% sure that thatíll work. Then again, Harden is set to make the most money he can and Embiid will be the best partner heís ever had (since being a top guy himself), so Iíd imagine Harden just goes with it.

Harden to the Sixers would definitely make them a better team especially if you can get Ben Simmons out of there

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Harden to the Sixers would definitely make them a better team especially if you can get Ben Simmons out of there
    Westbrook is the furthest thing there is from a winning player. I don't see why any team would want him.
    Maaaaybe a bottom of the standings team if the Lakers throw in some draft picks, but that's about it imo.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Westbrook is the furthest thing there is from a winning player. I don't see why any team would want him.
    Maaaaybe a bottom of the standings team if the Lakers throw in some draft picks, but that's about it imo.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Westbrook...send him back to the Thunder
    Last edited by Tg11; 01-27-2022 at 08:13 AM.

I think you can win with Westbrook he just pass the point where he can be your best player. He got caught in the wrong era.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I think you can win with Westbrook he just pass the point where he can be your best player. He got caught in the wrong era.
    I agree. He just needs to tweak the way he plays and be consistent. Heís gettting better so Iím fine with him.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I agree. He just needs to tweak the way he plays and be consistent. Heís gettting better so Iím fine with him.
    Just be a completely different player and suddenly be better after being awful the last 4-5 seasons. Sounds realistic! At what point will you admit you were dead wrong about Westbrook working out for LA? Will you ever admit to it, or will he retire and you'll still be claiming there's a chance he could work out?

Just be a completely different player and suddenly be better after being awful the last 4-5 seasons. Sounds realistic! At what point will you admit you were dead wrong about Westbrook working out for LA? Will you ever admit to it, or will he retire and you'll still be claiming there's a chance he could work out?
    Wow, I was wondering where the heat from you in another thread was coming from lmfao. Itís common knowledge that the last couple years when Russ switched teams heís played waaaaaaaay better in the second half of the year thatís he does in the first. I expect that trend to continue this year. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Wow, I was wondering where the heat from you in another thread was coming from lmfao. Itís common knowledge that the last couple years when Russ switched teams heís played waaaaaaaay better in the second half of the year thatís he does in the first. I expect that trend to continue this year. Carry on.
    The heat was well-deserved in both threads. When he doesn't get much better and the Lakers are still mediocre in the second half, I'll have a large plate of crow for you to eat. It's actually simmering right now and is ready whenever you want to sit down for this feast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast