Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    He wasnít #1 there lol. Not even close
    . Let me clarify. HIGH SCHOOL. two or thre years in a row. . In tenth grade he was chosen as THE ONE. watched many of his high school games.

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    This team is definitely better without randle. He takes away as much as he gives. We will not win more but the players will develop better over time
    Randall is that overly emotional and sensitive co-worker we have all had. The one that ruins the work environment.

Cardiac Knicks.

. Let me clarify. HIGH SCHOOL. two or thre years in a row. . In tenth grade he was chosen as THE ONE. watched many of his high school games.
    We talking about HS now lol. The majority of the players in the NBA were #1 on HS teams

See how the fans respond when they play right

We talking about HS now lol. The majority of the players in the NBA were #1 on HS teams
    Number one IN THE COUNTRY!!! two if not three years in a row. EVER HEARD IF MONTVERDE ACADEMY?!?

Cade Cunningham
    Dlo
    Scotty Barnes
    Dí Ron on the nets
    Precious
    Moses moody
    And many more

Different years. USA TEm if the decade

He lead them every year he was there after his first year. He has the pedigree

Number one IN THE COUNTRY!!! two if not three years in a row. EVER HEARD IF MONTVERDE ACADEMY?!?

Cade Cunningham
    Dlo
    Scotty Barnes
    Dí Ron on the nets
    And many more

Different years. USA TEm if the decade

He lead them every year he was there after his first year. He has the pedigree
    Who cares. That is High School. Tons of kids dominate at that level. If Zion played in all the elite tourneys, and was raised and put into schools/programs to get the hype going, he would have easily been ranked higher.

Just like when he went to college, he wasnít as impressive. Went 3rd. So what. Iím not saying he wasnít great there or anything. But because a guy was ďalphaĒ in HS means next to nothing now that heís in the pros.

I hope he is that guy one day. He isnít yet
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-23-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Who cares. That is High School. Tons of kids dominate at that level. If Zion played in all the elite tourneys, and was raised and put into schools/programs to get the hype going, he would have easily been ranked higher.

Just like when he went to college, he wasnít as impressive. Went 3rd. So what. Iím not saying he wasnít great there or anything. But because a guy was ďalphaĒ in HS means next to nothing now that heís in the pros.

I hope he is that guy one day. He isnít yet
    Very few come into the league and dominate. If you would be open minded. RJ is playing against many of these same players. He has been with two different pro coaches. Not really featured until now. Took a back seat to Zion which was right during college.

I have seen him first hand. Do you just want players that can shoot threes and get numbers or do you want a determined player who has been a winner and lead the Canada upset of the USA in recent tournament post pros level and who has been around the nba all of his life. Schooled by his godfather Steve nash. Coached by kyrieís HS

Itís not all about this stat driven crazed marketing of basketball. And history does matter

And what I see is that he is becoming the RJ that I know. He is not deferring anymore. In tenth grade he had to be challenged to take over and once he did. NATIONAL CHAMPIONS YEAR AFTER YEAR

I AM TALKING ABOUT WHAT I KNOW. NOT WHAT I THINK .

Very few come into the league and dominate. If you would be open minded. RJ is playing against many of these same players. He has been with two different pro coaches. Not really featured until now. Took a back seat to Zion which was right during college.

I have seen him first hand. Do you just want players that can shoot threes and get numbers or do you want a determined player who has been a winner and lead the Canada upset of the USA in recent tournament post pros level and who has been around the nba all of his life. Schooled by his godfather Steve nash. Coached by kyrieís HS

Itís not all about this stat driven crazed marketing of basketball. And history does matter

And what I see is that he is becoming the RJ that I know. He is not deferring anymore. In tenth grade he had to be challenged to take over and once he did. NATIONAL CHAMPIONS YEAR AFTER YEAR

I AM TALKING ABOUT WHAT I KNOW. NOT WHAT I THINK .
    Thatís fine. May all be true. But that all means nothing now. Deferring, not deferring, heís had plenty of opportunity. He hasnít consistently been near that guy youíre talking about. Hope he will be. But he clearly doesnít have the same athletic/physical advantages he once did in relation to his competition. He wouldnít be the first guy to be touted like that, who falls short. Outside of some on this board, how would people view him, based on what heís shown. Is he even a #3 on a championship team?

How about last years champs, who were considered a bit of a fluke, and far from a super team. Is he better than Jrue? You feel confident heís a better pro than him, eventually? If so, think heís better than Middleton one day?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-23-2022 at 05:01 PM.

[QUOTE=ShadyOne;34247765]Thatís fine. May all be true. But that all means nothing now. Deferring, not deferring, heís had plenty of opportunity. He hasnít consistently been near that guy youíre talking about. Hope he will be. But he clearly doesnít have the same athletic/physical advantages he once did in relation to his competition. He wouldnít be the first guy to be touted like that, who falls short. Outside of some on this board, how would people view him, based on what heís shown. Is he even a #3 on a championship team?
    Good question. I donít think you compare him like you canít compare BRON and freek

All star. Definitely. I see probably 23 per game. Maybe 21. At least 8 rebounds. But most importantly which very few have in this league is A playoff attitude. Nobody else on this team does yet that I would feel as confident about. Players can get stats. Many donít know how to win or donít have a winners attitude. He actually has a young kobie mentality. But you have to witness his will to win. Thatís what I am talking about

Now let me think. He is more like an old school type of player who also has to shoot threes I think he could have the effect of Xavier McDaniel had for the knicks if you are old enough to know who he was A real baller. Almost as tough. Never have enough of those if you plan on going deep in the playoffs. Sorry on cell. Your questions didnít copy

[QUOTE=nicnac;34247813]
    Thatís fine. May all be true. But that all means nothing now. Deferring, not deferring, heís had plenty of opportunity. He hasnít consistently been near that guy youíre talking about. Hope he will be. But he clearly doesnít have the same athletic/physical advantages he once did in relation to his competition. He wouldnít be the first guy to be touted like that, who falls short. Outside of some on this board, how would people view him, based on what heís shown. Is he even a #3 on a championship team?
    Good question. I donít think you compare him like you canít compare BRON and freek

All star. Definitely. I see probably 23 per game. Maybe 21. At least 8 rebounds. But most importantly which very few have in this league is A playoff attitude. Nobody else on this team does yet that I would feel as confident about. Players can get stats. Many donít know how to win or donít have a winners attitude. He actually has a young kobie mentality. But you have to witness his will to win. Thatís what I am talking about

Now let me think. He is more like an old school type of player who also has to shoot threes I think he could have the effect of Xavier McDaniel had for the knicks if you are old enough to know who he was A real baller. Almost as tough. Never have enough of those if you plan on going deep in the playoffs. Sorry on cell. Your questions didnít copy
    I am definitely old enough to know the X-Man.

I think thereís plenty of guys that have both the stats and the mentality to win. Mentality is great, but if you arenít as good or better than the other guys, means little. We wouldnít be talking about all this ďmamba mentalityĒ if he wasnít also an elite player in the league for over a decade

I think you absolutely can compare players. And those numbers arenít necessarily all-star level.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-23-2022 at 06:23 PM.

I was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

[QUOTE=ShadyOne;34247820]

I am definitely old enough to know the X-Man.

I think thereís plenty of guys that have both the stats and the mentality to win. Mentality is great, but if you arenít as good or better than the other guys, means little. We wouldnít be talking about all this ďmamba mentalityĒ if he wasnít also an elite player in the league for over a decade

I think you absolutely can compare players. And those numbers arenít necessarily all-star level.
    We will see. I bet on RJ. without a doubt And very few want to do what it takes to get that ring. They will play on a winner but the will to win is different. If you have been watching for years you know that.

Freek. Paul. MJ. MAGIC. BIRD. REGGIE. BARKLEY. Shaq. Kd. Kyrie.

RJ has the potential for that kind of will. Maybe not that kinda hall of fame career. But in the right situation. Will be an all star

Harden doesnít have it. Yet. Embed might have it

I actually donít think BRON has it. He is just better and smarter at using his supporting cast and he plays hard. His championship with the cavs was bc of Kyrie

[QUOTE=nicnac;34247850]

We will see. I bet on RJ. without a doubt And very few want to do what it takes to get that ring. They will play on a winner but the will to win is different. If you have been watching for years you know that.

Freek. Paul. MJ. MAGIC. BIRD. REGGIE. BARKLEY. Shaq. Kd. Kyrie.

RJ has the potential for that kind of will. Maybe not that kinda hall of fame career. But in the right situation. Will be an all star

Harden doesnít have it. Yet. Embed might have it

I actually donít think BRON has it. He is just better and smarter at using his supporting cast and he plays hard. His championship with the cavs was bc of Kyrie
    Wild stuff there lol

If RJ was even 75% as good as those guys, we would not be having any of these conversations

All those guys had that killer mentality? How about the ones that didnít/havenít won? Or the guys that tried to be #1s, and werenít. Or had to super-team up to do it? And the ones that did win, it was all mentality? Or was it they were great, and happened to be on great teams?

Thereís several different tiers of players in that post.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-23-2022 at 06:53 PM.

We all agree, the signing of Kemba Walker was the equivalent of the Jonestown Massacre. All the homers who drank the Kool-Aid look stupid right now.

Thibs stuck to the script. This is the Knicks' identity. It's too late in the season to try something new.

Continues to run the offense through Julius Randle (5 assists, 7 turnovers). The good news, RJ Barrett is continuing to grow as a player. While the shooting % and shot shot selection could be a little better, RJ Barrett had a good enough all around game.

Outside of RJ, I thought the young guys had pretty average games. And to be honest, that's ok.

True, the Clippers are without Kawhi & 1/2 of the Beatles aka Paul George. Sometimes you gotta just take the win.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast