Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    45,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    His idea's aren't. Maybe he'd be more relevant to the voters if he spent his time talking about how irrelevant politicians are on a dying sports forum, like you geniuses.
    They seem to be when attached to him.


    "I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,121
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The 14th amendment was passed in 1866 and ratified in 1868, years after the end of the civil war, and those pesky states rights didn't get in the way.
    Clearly you do not know your history:

    https://www.softschools.com/timeline..._timeline/171/

    the only reason the 14th Amendment passed is because the confederate states (except Tennessee) refused to ratify it and the US would not allow the states back into the Union fully unless they ratified the 14th Amendment.

    So once again, yes quite literally state’s rights was what held up the passage of the 14th Amendment…

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,988
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Clearly you do not know your history:

    https://www.softschools.com/timeline..._timeline/171/

    the only reason the 14th Amendment passed is because the confederate states (except Tennessee) refused to ratify it and the US would not allow the states back into the Union fully unless they ratified the 14th Amendment.

    So once again, yes quite literally state’s rights was what held up the passage of the 14th Amendment…
    If the states weren't readmitted to the union I don't see why they couldn't ratify it without them, they ratified the 13th amendment.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So Dem's have stopped talking about extending the child tax credit? Has Biden stopped talking about how *HE* cut child poverty in half?
    Hint: No we haven't!
    That’s not universal basic income. The idea was around before yang and he hasn’t brought that discussion to mainstream American politics, at least from what I can tell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,121
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    If the states weren't readmitted to the union I don't see why they couldn't ratify it without them, they ratified the 13th amendment.
    They weren’t fully allowed back into the Union, essentially there would be conditions on their sovereignty had they not.

    But regardless, even you trying to find a loophole in which they ratified the amendment without the Southern states demonstrates you know the southern states absolutely would ha e used state’s rights to oppose the 13th Amendment we’re they freely able.

    You are wrong. Stop this tired flailing.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,343
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    If the states weren't readmitted to the union I don't see why they couldn't ratify it without them, they ratified the 13th amendment.
    I believe because it was the union’s position they never left.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •