Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    His idea's aren't. Maybe he'd be more relevant to the voters if he spent his time talking about how irrelevant politicians are on a dying sports forum, like you geniuses.
    They seem to be when attached to him.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

The 14th amendment was passed in 1866 and ratified in 1868, years after the end of the civil war, and those pesky states rights didn't get in the way.
    Clearly you do not know your history:

https://www.softschools.com/timeline..._timeline/171/

the only reason the 14th Amendment passed is because the confederate states (except Tennessee) refused to ratify it and the US would not allow the states back into the Union fully unless they ratified the 14th Amendment.

So once again, yes quite literally state’s rights was what held up the passage of the 14th Amendment…

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Clearly you do not know your history:

https://www.softschools.com/timeline..._timeline/171/

the only reason the 14th Amendment passed is because the confederate states (except Tennessee) refused to ratify it and the US would not allow the states back into the Union fully unless they ratified the 14th Amendment.

So once again, yes quite literally state’s rights was what held up the passage of the 14th Amendment…
    If the states weren't readmitted to the union I don't see why they couldn't ratify it without them, they ratified the 13th amendment.

So Dem's have stopped talking about extending the child tax credit? Has Biden stopped talking about how *HE* cut child poverty in half?
    Hint: No we haven't!
    That’s not universal basic income. The idea was around before yang and he hasn’t brought that discussion to mainstream American politics, at least from what I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the states weren't readmitted to the union I don't see why they couldn't ratify it without them, they ratified the 13th amendment.
    They weren’t fully allowed back into the Union, essentially there would be conditions on their sovereignty had they not.

But regardless, even you trying to find a loophole in which they ratified the amendment without the Southern states demonstrates you know the southern states absolutely would ha e used state’s rights to oppose the 13th Amendment we’re they freely able.

You are wrong. Stop this tired flailing.

I believe because it was the union’s position they never left.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345