Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    A. Thatís not true in that it is nowhere near the complete story but even then you are literally admitting they seceded because they were afraid they would be forced to abolish slavery. Which they then were by the 13th and 14th Amendments. In fact, the US Government had to keep troops stationed in the South after the end of the war to ensure they didnít try to keep slavery, then when Federal Troops left in 1877, the South immediately implemented Jim Crow and Segregation until once again the Federal Government had to force them to stop via Civil Rights Acts and Judicial decisions like. Brown v Board of Education.

Which really makes your sentence paragraph ironic since having to force the south to not be racist didnít say much negative about that prospect did it. It says more negative things about those who must be forced.
    It's not that he had no intention of doing it. He prioritized keeping the union together and wanted to begin a process of freeing the slaves over time.

Edit, that was suppose to quote Ciaban.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Are you guys still salty that Andrew Yang left the Dems to start a third party?
    Personally, Iím super happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Where did you get that from?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

LOL nope. His little third party thing is a silly little money grab. He saw what Trump got his hands on and wasn't going to miss out on his cash grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

That's not what happened, the south seceded in response to Lincoln winning the election, they assumed he would try to abolish slavery, though we know from his letters that he was surprised by this, and had no intention of doing it.

Also, just because you can force someone to do something doesn't make it a good idea. And the fact that you HAVE to force people to go along with your ideas instead of convincing them that it's a good idea says a lot of negative things about either the quality of your idea or the quality of your persuasiveness.
    Lincoln was for the most part always for the abolishment of slavery. His original idea was to free the slaves and send them back to Africa, when that didn't seem like it was going to be feasible he wanted to buy islands like Haiti, Cuba, or others in the carribbean and move them all there.
    Lincoln wanted to keep the Union together and he was prepared to allow slavery to continue to exist if it was going to keep the Union together but, when the South seceded it openned things up for him to abolish slavery.

The guy that won 2.8% of the votes in NH before dropping out, then managed to turn a national platform and front runner status for NYC mayor into a fourth place finish? Oh yeah. Super salty.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.Ē" - @SarahLongwell25

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    A. Thatís not true in that it is nowhere near the complete story but even then you are literally admitting they seceded because they were afraid they would be forced to abolish slavery. Which they then were by the 13th and 14th Amendments. In fact, the US Government had to keep troops stationed in the South after the end of the war to ensure they didnít try to keep slavery, then when Federal Troops left in 1877, the South immediately implemented Jim Crow and Segregation until once again the Federal Government had to force them to stop via Civil Rights Acts and Judicial decisions like. Brown v Board of Education.

Which really makes your sentence paragraph ironic since having to force the south to not be racist didnít say much negative about that prospect did it. It says more negative things about those who must be forced.
    They only passed the 13th and 14th amendments in response to them leaving the union, there is no way they would have been able to do so if the south never succeeded. Those two amendments didn't get passed until several YEARS after the south left the union.
    Secession Dec 20th 1860
    https://www.history.com/topics/ameri...%20the%20Union.
    13th Amendment proposed in 1864 and ratified in 1865
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recons...0all%20persons.

So should we send the Army in to enforce Obama Care or if we Federally legalize weed? Should we send in Troops to Idaho if they don't want to legalize it, I mean, they're not following Federal direction!

One of these is the most extreme situation in US history the other is just your normative policy preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post

The guy that won 2.8% of the votes in NH before dropping out, then managed to turn a national platform and front runner status for NYC mayor into a fourth place finish? Oh yeah. Super salty.
    Your salty because he left the party and trashed the duoply on the way out. No, room for self-critique, traitors must be made an example of I guess.

Good thing he won't be in the way of super popular candidates like Kamala and Pete right. You know, the FUTURE of the Party.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    It's not that he had no intention of doing it. He prioritized keeping the union together and wanted to begin a process of freeing the slaves over time.

Edit, that was suppose to quote Ciaban.
    He had no interest in suddenly freeing the slaves, that's what the south assumed he wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Lincoln was for the most part always for the abolishment of slavery. His original idea was to free the slaves and send them back to Africa, when that didn't seem like it was going to be feasible he wanted to buy islands like Haiti, Cuba, or others in the carribbean and move them all there.
    Lincoln wanted to keep the Union together and he was prepared to allow slavery to continue to exist if it was going to keep the Union together but, when the South seceded it openned things up for him to abolish slavery.
    This is a more nuanced take, the South didn't think that was his belief and was operating under the incorrect assumption that he was just going to try to free everyone. Which is why he left the union at the beginning of his presidency.

Your salty because he left the party and trashed the duoply on the way out. No, room for self-critique, traitors must be made an example of I guess.

Good thing he won't be in the way of super popular candidates like Kamala and Pete right. You know, the FUTURE of the Party.
    I haven't thought about Andrew Yang since the NYC mayor's election ended. He somehow managed to have less impact than Tulsi Gabbard, which is no easy task.

He had no interest in suddenly freeing the slaves, that's what the south assumed he wanted to do.
    I wonder who the Fox News that was stirring up those lies of that day was.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

MSNBC probably.

I guess you guys are right, the self-made Millionaire who graduated from Columbia Law School, single-handedly went from an obscure businessman running on a fringe idea (UBI) and then turning that fringe idea into an extremely mainstream idea all from scratch is a big ol' dummy dumb, not like YOU GUYS, you guys are so smart and successful you spend your free time trashing political figures on a dying sports forum. You guys are ahead of the curve.

I guess you guys are right, the self-made Millionaire who graduated from Columbia Law School, single-handedly went from an obscure businessman running on a fringe idea (UBI) and then turning that fringe idea into an extremely mainstream idea all from scratch is a big ol' dummy dumb, not like YOU GUYS, you guys are so smart and successful you spend your free time trashing political figures on a dying sports forum. You guys are ahead of the curve.
    If you think UBI is still anything more than a fringe idea, you arenít paying attention. We got payments to parents as part of Bidenís legislation and then Republicans killed it. Joe Manchin was instrumental to that death. He said that people were using that money for drugs rather than food like they actually were.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast