Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Relax, you brought up good points. Long-winded, but you were on a roll and still tether to reality, which is a refreshing change over the last couple of days. Thank you for breaking my record.
    Yeah, I agree with Wes — and thus with a lot of what you said (and yes, I did read the entire thing, but there is no doubt but that it could use a good, hard edit).

I just want to be clear if anyone has a problem with my stance of making life miserable for any state or jurisdiction that tries to leave the US? Do you oppose my viewpoint of placing embargoes on them and cutting them off entirely from the outside world? Should leaving our country not come with consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I just want to be clear if anyone has a problem with my stance of making life miserable for any state or jurisdiction that tries to leave the US? Do you oppose my viewpoint of placing embargoes on them and cutting them off entirely from the outside world? Should leaving our country not come with consequences?
    Worry about that if the time comes, so un-ball your fist. They are still in the talking **** stage. If the Republicans win, they will be back to the "love it or leave it" mantra.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Worry about that if the time comes, so un-ball your fist. They are still in the talking **** stage. If the Republicans win, they will be back to the "love it or leave it" mantra.
    The thread is here now.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

The thread is here now.
    But there are no guns gathering around northern states or talk of doing so. There have been no border battles or updated versions of Nate Turner or John Brown raiding the Harper Ferry Armory. I need more than a thread to get hopped up on embargoing anybody.

They are still in the talking **** stage.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-25-2022 at 07:13 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

States Seceding from the Union

There's a book written forty years ago called "The Nine Nations of North America" which is still valid today. It describes how North America (including Mexico, Canada and Cuba) should be reorganised based on economic and cultural factors. It will never happen, but its a very informative and interesting read. Even tho' there are a lot of valid reasons to split off parts of the country, there are more compelling reasons to keep it together. The biggest one being there is strength in numbers.

Anyhow, it would be very difficult for states to secede from the union and secession should not be allowed to be considered for the simple truism "keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer".

Let's say Texas were allowed to secede. They would immediately invade California. They would become our biggest enemy and our biggest nightmare right on our doorstep overnight. The best way to control the insane urges of those folks is to keep them right where they are. They are an incredible pain in the *** as part of the union but they would be exponentially a bigger pain in the *** if the seceded.

You could make analogous arguments for any other state wanting to secede as well.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 01-26-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    There's a book written forty years ago called "The Nine Nations of North America" which is still valid today. It describes how North America (including Mexico, Canada and Cuba) should be reorganised based on economic and cultural factors. It will never happen, but its a very informative and interesting read. Even tho' there are a lot of valid reasons to split off parts of the country, there are more compelling reasons to keep it together. The biggest one being there is strength in numbers.

Anyhow, it would be very difficult for states to secede from the union and secession should not be allowed to be considered for the simple truism "keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer".

Let's say Texas were allowed to secede. They would immediately invade California. They would become our biggest enemy and our biggest nightmare right on our doorstep overnight. The best way to control the insane urges of those folks is to keep them right where they are. They are an incredible pain in the *** as part of the union but they would be exponentially a bigger pain in the *** if the seceded.

You could make analogous arguments for any other state wanting to secede as well.
    I don't think that's true. Why would they want to invade a place they just left because of how badly they think it is run?

I don't think that's true. Why would they want to invade a place they just left because of how badly they think it is run?
    Food?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Food?
    Surely opening a restaurant up would be more practical.

Good Point

There is no reason, but with Texas, I haven't seen anything that indicates that reason's got anything to do with it.

It's enough that California is everything that Texas isn't.
    We're talking about splitting America and there's no two places that are in a different place than those two. To me Texas invading California would be a no brainer in every sense of the term.

I see no animosity between Texas and California. They would have to send troops thru New Mexico and Arizona or a southern trek thru Mexico. I don't see it. If states leave the Union, they would spend more time consolidating and organizing than adventurism. If we split peacefully, no chance a invasion would occur. If violently, sure if the conditions were advantageous for Texas to do so.

Will Rogers

I see no animosity between Texas and California. They would have to send troops thru New Mexico and Arizona or a southern trek thru Mexico. I don't see it. If states leave the Union, they would spend more time consolidating and organizing than adventurism. If we split peacefully, no chance a invasion would occur. If violently, sure if the conditions were advantageous for Texas to do so.
    Yea Texas will probably be more worried about making sure their power grid doesn't **** the bed again. Because if they left, they would be dependent on Alabama or Mississippi for help rather than the federal government.

Yea Texas will probably be more worried about making sure their power grid doesn't **** the bed again. Because if they left, they would be dependent on Alabama or Mississippi for help rather than the federal government.
    I can't imagine the logistic of managing resources after de-coupling from the Union. People forget how inter-depended our system is when it comes to just food and resources. No state have a surplus or product everything they use. Water rights have be retool across several states, trade agreement made or the how the minority players who dominate the major sports would react to playing in white-Christian-conservative dominated society, which I am assuming the southern/republicans would have judging from their spew.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-27-2022 at 11:50 AM.

Will Rogers

A civil war if the republicans win, would leave us as two weaker country and losing our domination and empire across the globe. A civil war will leave us open to foreign money to increase the chaos here.

It is a dream for anarchists and madmen.

Will Rogers

A civil war if the republicans win, would leave us as two weaker country and losing our domination and empire across the globe. A civil war will leave us open to foreign money to increase the chaos here.

It is a dream for anarchists and madmen.
    Wait did we already suffer a Civil War then? Because Citizens United already happened.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast