Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Don’t forget that there are a whole lot more people than the reds and the blues.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Pot legalization?
    Pot legalization can be done at the state level but it is really moot when the federal level makes it illegal. If they keep the drug trade entirely inside the state than maybe they could do it. But the problem is that they cant' use a federally regulated bank and many vendors who do national business.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Has been a boon for big businesses and white people, not so much for the people who were being most hurt by the war on drugs.

You're such a twat.

So pot legalization was bad at the state level because hur dur white people suck.

Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Progressive causes can be driven by states rights and historically has. There is something to the laboratory of ideas, concept.
    I don't think progressive causes are the driving force behind this round of state right fever.

The need for more state income made the number racket and pot legal outside that there have been progressives issues pushed more by states than federal.

The last time states were squawking for more rights was to maintain their Jim Crow laws. Ronald Reagan is the only presidential candidate that I can remember pushing states' rights over federal. Which was a part of the republican's southern strategy at that time. I just see today's desire for state rule as an extension of that.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Pot legalization can be done at the state level but it is really moot when the federal level makes it illegal. If they keep the drug trade entirely inside the state than maybe they could do it. But the problem is that they cant' use a federally regulated bank and many vendors who do national business.
    Pot legalization HAS BEEN DONE at the state level at it's a great thing.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

You're such a twat.

So pot legalization was bad at the state level because hur dur white people suck.

When you have to make up things someone didn't say to have an argument, you should take that as a sign that you don't have an argument.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Clearly all those libertarians and hippies pushing for pot legalization did it for white dominance and christianity.

And you can back it up because who posted an article about white people making money from it.

Clearly all those libertarians and hippies pushing for pot legalization did it for white dominance and christianity.

And you can back it up because who posted an article about white people making money from it.
    Definitely also things I said. You're great at this.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Agree, there was a crapload of projection in that post. At least he was able to amuse himself by making up arguments. Got to get the win where ever you can, illusionary as well.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Agree, there was a crapload of projection in that post. At least he was able to amuse himself by making up arguments. Got to get the win where ever you can, illusionary as well.
    Prior to Nate tagging along you said state's rights were all about white dominance and christianity so I brought up pot legalization, lol.

Definitely also things I said. You're great at this.
    You only said this.

Has been a boon for big businesses and white people, not so much for the people who were being most hurt by the war on drugs.
    The funny thing is I'd bet a million bucks that you actually support pot legalization.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't think progressive causes are the driving force behind this round of state right fever.

The need for more state income made the number racket and pot legal outside that there have been progressives issues pushed more by states than federal.

The last time states were squawking for more rights was to maintain their Jim Crow laws. Ronald Reagan is the only presidential candidate that I can remember pushing states' rights over federal. Which was a part of the republican's southern strategy at that time. I just see today's desire for state rule as an extension of that.
    The four years of Trump definitely made me appreciate the idea of states rights more. The next four years might make states rights even more important.

I'm sure you guys hate your state vaccine and mask mandates.

Sorry but when we see what's happening in red states, I don't know why we wouldn't make these assumptions.
    You need to get to know more conservatives that are real people and not personalities on TV or anonymous internet posters. Most conservative people are much closer in their beliefs to you when you strip away the non-issues and cable news rhetoric.

Yeah, that is a real gray area depending on which party is running the Oval Office. I still think the money factor behind legalization will force the Federal government to just legalize it. They might even add federal taxation.

Will Rogers

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast