Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Let's all fantasize about an unrealistic civil war! Very American thing to do.

Follow the Money

Every war is about money - including civil wars.

Who stands to gain financially from a civil war in the US?
    Nobody. Therefore its a moot point.
    The folks with the money who rule the US own both political parties.
    There is no financial gain to them.

As far as the masses, they are irrelevent and can't start anything.
    The most they can do is these idiot insurgencies and domestic terror attacks like January 6th which are useless and harmless and don't threaten anything or anybody.

And, as I mentioned in my brief post earlier, this whole antagonism between the two sides happened because of a struggle for donor money by the two parties caused by Clinton going after Republican donors. Its the donors who rule, however, and they're good with all of this. The squabbling from the political parties on down to the rabble in the street has no affect on them and its the donors who rule and are the only ones in a position to start a (civil) war. And there's no financial reason to do so, so they wont.

This strategy goes back a long way.

In my part of the country (New England) numerous historical documents show how the powerful old wealthy WASP establishment continually worked to foster friction and conflict between various minority groups (Irish, Blacks, Jews, Italians, Hispanics) throughout the 19th and into the 20th century as a way to deflect attention away from their dominance, and as such to further secure their social, political, and economic control.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    This strategy goes back a long way.

In my part of the country (New England) numerous historical documents show how the powerful old wealthy WASP establishment continually worked to foster friction and conflict between various minority groups (Irish, Blacks, Jews, Italians, Hispanics) throughout the 19th and into the 20th century as a way to deflect attention away from their dominance, and as such to further secure their social, political, and economic control.
    good post and it still works. keep the mass divide upon themselves and you won't have pitchforks and torches at your door. Imagine if Hitler had the power of the internet early in his rise to power?

That fostering over the decades brought us here, with this extreme bi-polarise, anything to get rating rants that pollute our airwave. I know I overstate things, but I will die thinking they drove us crazy to fatten their bottom line.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-28-2022 at 11:56 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    good post and it still works. keep the mass divide upon themselves and you won't have pitchforks and torches at your door. Imagine if Hitler had the power of the internet early in his rise to power?

That fostering over the decades brought us here, with this extreme bi-polarise, anything to get rating rants that pollute our airwave. I know I overstate things, but I will die thinking they drove us crazy to fatten their bottom line.
    Divide and conquer

As long as working class whites are made to believe that minorities are their enemy and refuse to realise that they should be allies, the rich will rule. Propaganda is an incredibly powerful tool.

The few of us who see thru the propaganda find it extremely difficult to understand and exceptionally disappointing that the vast majority of the population falls for it so easily hook, line and sinker. It is the reason that I believe mankind is doomed. A few elites who are insane enough to take down the planet for a few unneeded dollars more and then the masses who believe every bit of nonsense out of the mouths of the elites and their stooges and are willing to go to war, no problem, if the elites deem it is in their own best interest to wage one.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Divide and conquer

As long as working class whites are made to believe that minorities are their enemy and refuse to realise that they should be allies, the rich will rule. Propaganda is an incredibly powerful tool.

The few of us who see thru the propaganda find it extremely difficult to understand and exceptionally disappointing that the vast majority of the population falls for it so easily hook, line and sinker. It is the reason that I believe mankind is doomed. A few elites who are insane enough to take down the planet for a few unneeded dollars more and then the masses who believe every bit of nonsense out of the mouths of the elites and their stooges and are willing to go to war, no problem, if the elites deem it is in their own best interest to wage one.
    I agree, but until a majority of americans feel that way it will always be so.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Interesting that in 1984 Orwell characterized 85% of the population as politically and culturally irrelevant (he called them “the proles”), easily brainwashed and therefore easily manipulated.

The only real conflict (read: potential danger to the establishment) was between the relatively few “thinkers” (Winston) and the powerful elite (Big Brother).

Interesting that in 1984 Orwell characterized 85% of the population as politically and culturally irrelevant (he called them “the proles”), easily brainwashed and therefore easily manipulated.

The only real conflict (read: potential danger to the establishment) was between the relatively few “thinkers” (Winston) and the powerful elite (Big Brother).
    Thinkers are stinkers. I intended to read that book off and on over the years. The story line, from what I have gather, seems more like a road map into our future than a sci-fi story. I feel it would feed my fears of the future. I overstate things enough as it is, don't need me to go over the cliff. BTW, I will keep your comment on that in mind in the future.

Will Rogers

1984 had some really good point but I honestly don't believe it is accurately reflective of society as compared to Brave New World.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    1984 had some really good point but I honestly don't believe it is accurately reflective of society as compared to Brave New World.
    I might agree if you amended it to something like “reflective of American society” or even “reflective of Western society.”

Much of the world, however, lives in conditions as close to or closer to 1984.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314