Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dark Money in Politics

Dark Money in politics has been a complaint do jour of dem's and the left for quite a long time now, but with dem's control congress and the white house, they haven't seemed to bother trying to make any effort to do anything about this. And for the most part, their apparatchiks haven't made much of a fuss about it publically either.

Is it because Dem's outraised Rep's in dark money in 2020?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/29/u...e=articleShare

What do you guys think about dark money in politics? Have your opinions changed over the years, do you have the same opinions now?

Is it OK so long as YOUR side is "winning" in terms of fundraising?

I'm sure your post will go over well on this forum, but the reality is.......money in politics has been a HUGE problem for decades. Whose best interest do they serve if more money comes from other sources than a politician's constituents?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Money in politics has been a major force throughout history. Money is power. I don't see that changing outside of a revolution which wouldn't really solve the problem just change the players.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-30-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Disclaimer: I have no basis upon which to make the following assertion, but I will anyway:

The vast majority of “big” donors contribute to both parties.

Yeah, they hedge their bets. Money well spent.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Disclaimer: I have no basis upon which to make the following assertion, but I will anyway:

The vast majority of “big” donors contribute to both parties.
    In gambling, that's called hedging your bets.....and I don't doubt it's a norm in politics
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Hedgehogs, all of ‘em.

Money isn’t leaving politics. Especially not after the Roberts’ court enshrined money as protected speech. There aren’t 10 senate votes for anything and likely the Roberts’ court would overturn it even if they managed to get Republicans onboard. To make any sort of change would require an amendment to the Constitution. We can’t even get 10 votes to reapply the Voting Rights Act.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm sure your post will go over well on this forum, but the reality is.......money in politics has been a HUGE problem for decades. Whose best interest do they serve if more money comes from other sources than a politician's constituents?
    I don't disagree.

There is a reason why Biden just nominated a judge (to a lower court) that was previously nominated by Trump, has given money in the past to Rudy Guliani and Chris Christi, and now Kirstin Gillibrand, and is super close with Chevron.