Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Splitting America

The idea of splitting the country into two to create a literal Red and Blue America is often thrown around as a solution to our current political division. When I think about the idea of a red state/blue state divorce logistically I don’t see any way this happens. It would likely take a large state that feels it has the economy and size to exist along side a still large and powerful America. They would probably hope to bring along some other bordering states but all that would require America to let those states go if it was to be a peaceful split. I think Texas is too purple leaving California as the most likely state. Maybe California would be willing to leave if Trump returned with a vengeance but that would certainly be a dangerous proposition as they would likely be stripped of all their federal military infrastructure.

There could be a compact of right leaning states that could try and leave but it would seem that those would be low population, low GDP, landlocked states that would be surrounded by the remaining US. And any succession would likely rebalance the remaining US strongly in one direction or the other.

And that leaves a civil war which would be devastating in the most militarized nuclear country. No one comes out of that remaining a superpower. Lose-lose.

DeSantis of Florida is already pushing for a state militia answerable to the state governor.

It is the stupidest of the idea to seek a "divorce" from the Union like Rev Greene suggested and still think they are making America great again.

If America falls into a civil war we can kiss our "Alpha" dog status in the world, our dollar will be worth a third of what it is now when the American Dollar loses its world currency status. Our allies will either be gobbled up by Russia and China or form a closer tie to them, ie Russian oil and Europe. They will be stable while we won't be.

The world isn't going to hold our beer while we mess each other up, especially if it is violent.

With that said, we make all the elected officials who pushed this idea explain how we would do this "divorce" and still be the top dog in the world.

Do we split the military? Since some minorities might not be comfortable living within a rabid white culture country that wishes to silence them, would they be allowed to re-locate? Do the Republican states honestly believe the Democratic states will continue to contribute to their economy and states coffers? How will the now two separate entities work on the world stages? Who gets what part of the National debt? I hope those who wish to split don't think they are going to skip out of that.

Make it a TV event so they can be peppered with questions showing the utter madness of their plan in front of the whole country.

If people still what a split or civil war after they understand the true ramifications of this action, have at it. Let the "South rise again". Make it as peaceful and non-destruction as possible. They can worry about the southern border, water shortages, and whatever natural catastrophe that comes their way. Not that the democrats will be in seven heavens with the split, but we will be to busy with our own problems to give a crap.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-19-2022 at 10:14 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Let me be as absolutely clear as I can be on this: NO NATIONAL DIVORCE, NO SPLITTING INTO TWO COUNTRIES, NO ANY OTHER WAY OF PHRASING OR PUTTING IT. Is that clear enough for anyone and everyone who decides to mention this?
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

If they did? Would you endorse "forcing'' them back into the Union? Those SOBs have been stockpiling weapons, so even if we succeed in holding them, we would face more domestic terrorism. The last time we fought to maintain the union lost half a million people, some said higher.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-19-2022 at 10:24 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Of course, I am spinning on a possibility, not a foreseen event.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    DeSantis of Florida is already pushing for a state militia answerable to the state governor.

It is the stupidest of the idea to seek a "divorce" from the Union like Rev Greene suggested and still think they are making America great again.

If America falls into a civil war we can kiss our "Alpha" dog status in the world, our dollar will be worth a third of what it is now when the American Dollar loses its world currency status. Our allies will either be gobbled up by Russia and China or form a closer tie to them, ie Russian oil and Europe. They will be stable while we won't be.

The world isn't going to hold our beer while we mess each other up, especially if it is violent.

With that said, we make all the elected officials who pushed this idea explain how we would do this "divorce" and still be the top dog in the world.

Do we split the military? Since some minorities might not be comfortable living within a rabid white culture country that wishes to silence them, would they be allowed to re-locate? Do the Republican states honestly believe the Democratic states will continue to contribute to their economy and states coffers? How will the now two separate entities work on the world stages? Who gets what part of the National debt? I hope those who wish to split don't think they are going to skip out of that.

Make it a TV event so they can be peppered with questions showing the utter madness of their plan in front of the whole country.

If people still what a split or civil war after they understand the true ramifications of this action, have at it. Let the "South rise again". Make it as peaceful and non-destruction as possible. They can worry about the southern border, water shortages, and whatever natural catastrophe that comes their way. Not that the democrats will be in seven heavens with the split, but we will be to busy with our own problems to give a crap.
    First of all, every state already has a militia in the national guard, what your referring too is a state guard, which 45 states had during WW2 and 20+ still have today, including far-right states like Cal, NY, Ill.

The bigger question, is what do you do with the countries east and West Coasts, Say blue states like Cal, OR, WA want to be part of Blue America, NY, MA, etc. Are you going to have one BLUE country, separated by 3 hour timezones. Or would you just have 3 countries, West Coast Blue, East Coast Blue, and the rest is Red.

What do you do with states like Illionois, which are *Blue States* but not really, Chicago is very blue, but the rest of the state is SUPER RED. How would Illionois force the rest of the state to go along with it, also, what do you do with the more purple states like Mich, WI, Minn, they might not want to be separated from the rest of their country, and outside of the major metro's wouldn't want to be part of a blue country.

I think a better idea is getting rid of the concept of state rights, it’s the stupidest ****ing thing.

Progress is impossible so long as places like Texas and NY can do whatever they want. Shouldn’t even call this country the ‘United’ states until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Let me make it clearer, DeSantis propose a new civilian militia. Ron DeSantis wants to reestablish a World War II-era civilian military force that he, not the Pentagon, would control. The Republican states are pushing for State rights over federal.

One of the problems I stated would be relocation minorities in the south and conservative, I guess in the north. Really I was just highlighting the problems with this bs spew going around about splitting the union

I am not arguing for or against.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-19-2022 at 11:19 AM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I think a better idea is getting rid of the concept of state rights, it’s the stupidest ****ing thing.

Progress is impossible so long as places like Texas and NY can do whatever they want. Shouldn’t even call this country the ‘United’ states until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the states have no individual power than what’s the point of the States in United States? We’re just so big that having full governmental control from one East Coast city is not reasonable.

If we are forced to split, I will view it as a hostile split and thus I want our Navy patrolling the waters around Florida keeping all goods out of the traitor land.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    If the states have no individual power than what’s the point of the States in United States? We’re just so big that having full governmental control from one East Coast city is not reasonable.
    If every state can do as it pleases where is the union? One state may demand a state religion that runs counter to the separation of state and religion or outlaw Muslim tradition dress because it offends them. Voting laws and standards have been altered to benefit one party over the other while suppressing the vote to ensure their success, thus the federal government is seeking two national voting rights bills. Pompeo, when he was in Oklahoma, ruled in favor of the oil company when that state citizens complain about frakking. Strong state rights may block any attempts for outside recourse to their problems. Do you want states to have the complete right to do what they want with those on Indian Reservations? Sell their lands to mining sectors with no federal recourse.

Often maintaining some Federal laws protect the most vulnerable in those states from suppression from local greed or prejudices.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-19-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Will Rogers

It isn't like those who are most rabid about state's rights are the enlightened ones, but seeking personal or political power.

Will Rogers

If every state can do as it pleases where is the union? One state may demand a state religion that runs counter to the separation of state and religion or outlaw Muslim tradition dress because it offends them. Voting laws and standards have been altered to benefit one party over the other while suppressing the vote to ensure their success.

Often maintaining some Federal laws protect the most vulnerable in those states from suppression.
    Saying that a state can outlaw Muslim traditional dress won't scare the conservatives into line. They must be reminded that the opposite (which is equally as terrifying to a normal person) is true. The state could require Muslim traditional dress (or any other religious garb).

If every state can do as it pleases where is the union? One state may demand a state religion that runs counter to the separation of state and religion or outlaw Muslim tradition dress because it offends them. Voting laws and standards have been altered to benefit one party over the other while suppressing the vote to ensure their success.

Often maintaining some Federal laws protect the most vulnerable in those states from suppression.
    It’s not an either/or. Federal laws should be foundational laws that address issues impacting Americans in all states where the constitution allows. Issues that don’t require a Federal law should fall into the state’s rights bucket and should be determined by individual states.

Saying that a state can outlaw Muslim traditional dress won't scare the conservatives into line. They must be reminded that the opposite (which is equally as terrifying to a normal person) is true. The state could require Muslim traditional dress (or any other religious garb).
    Not thinking about conservatives but the Muslims that would be affected by those laws or similar ones. Good Christians in those states could refuse to serve them for religious reasons. We have seen it happen to gays. Think about how Ike sent troops to desegregate Little Rock's school system. If there wasn't a strong Federal Government to ensure federal laws are enforced, segregation would be the law of the south and MLK probably would never have emerged alive from jail after the Bloody Selma.

You got to look at the people who are for strong state rights and their reasons. It isn't wholesome
    Last edited by WES445; 01-19-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Will Rogers

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast