Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thatís Berman, probably the biggest Knick reporter troll.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Oh snap!
    Mitch telling Berman to cool his jets!!!!

https://twitter.com/krispursiainen/s...350696453?s=21
    Mitch is definitely the funniest guy on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm guessing i'd be wasting my time if i started watchin the game huh?

Mitch looking right back at Berman, 3x Berman, Relax, relax, pause, relax, and a woman laughing in the crowd is that rebecca lol

Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer

3h
    Knicks starters have played better of late, but they should be embarrassed by that putrid performance and lack of effort in that first half. (especially consider CHA playing without LaMelo)

Obi Toppin has 7 points but, bafflingly, only logged 4 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Yeaaaa this was a stinker from beginning to end. Only lead we had was when it was 11-10. And yet another random player goes off on us and scored his career high
    Only 1 Infinity stone left

Game Thread 1/17/22: Hornets vs. Knicks - Will Lamelo, ball?

This game was summed up for me on a play in the 4th quarter where Barrett tried to throw an lob to Toppin. it was broken up by Hayward below the rim. Just not sharp. The idea was ok but not sharp. We were also hesitant against the zone and we just donít break some games. I donít understand that at all. When your in your 40s like me you can play in half court all the time guys
    Last edited by ewing; 01-17-2022 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This game was so disappointing that it reminded me of the MLK Speech from Boondocks. It ends with him stating, "I'm moving to Canada."

No LaMelo Ball. Terry Rozier takes over primary ballin' duties. This is why I like teams going with 2 ball handler back courts. Was anyone covering Miles Bridges?

Former Knick, Mason Plumlee aka the White Shadow had a +16 PLUS SIXTEEN! I have no idea what exactly that means other than he made 2 baskets over 28 minutes Meanwhile his mirror Mitchell Robinson was -25. Again, does this even matter?

Back to .500...

Time to release Kemba Walker from his Halfway House. Give him 38 min. The Knicks have nothing to lose. Absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Its an exercise in frustration and lesson on just how dysfunctional our starting unit is. Our coach has 30+ years if experience yet we can't break down a basic zone defense. Putrid. Pathetic. Vomit worthy.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Game Thread 1/17/22: Hornets vs. Knicks - Will Lamelo, ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    This game was so disappointing that it reminded me of the MLK Speech from Boondocks. It ends with him stating, "I'm moving to Canada."

No LaMelo Ball. Terry Rozier takes over primary ballin' duties. This is why I like teams going with 2 ball handler back courts. Was anyone covering Miles Bridges?

Former Knick, Mason Plumlee aka the White Shadow had a +16 PLUS SIXTEEN! I have no idea what exactly that means other than he made 2 baskets over 28 minutes Meanwhile his mirror Mitchell Robinson was -25. Again, does this even matter?

Back to .500...

Time to release Kemba Walker from his Halfway House. Give him 38 min. The Knicks have nothing to lose. Absolutely nothing.

If they play him 38 minutes the Knicks are gonna lose his knee!

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    If they play him 38 minutes the Knicks are gonna lose his knee!
    I know. I'm just being facetious about how the Knicks Front Office negligence has come back to bite them in the butt. It's not too late to bring back, Dennis Smith Jr + Emmanuel Mudiay, Scott Perry's backcourt of the future.

A playmaking point guard is invaluable in today's game. It's no longer about what a man does but what does he give up? Similar to Jason Kidd, the Ball family has adapted to the modern game: How to be effective when you don't have the ball.

Look at the Hornets roster.

Terry Rozier never understood the value of winning ugly. He put up nice numbers and guys who don't watch basketball cooed. There's a reason why the Hornets were awful with Terry Rozier running the offense. You only win as a team, getting the 4th and 5th man involved. Is Rozier a good scorer to have around? Absolutely. Transcendental player or one that can turn a franchise around? NO. Absolutely not.

Today, the Knicks looked hung over. The Hornets can get through small spurts w/o Lamelo Ball.

I often feel the Knicks Front Office is always 10 yrs behind the times. When Isiah was around, he tried to bring back bully ball. Failed. Then the Knicks tried multiple times to build via superstar vision: Lebron? Struck out Durant? Struck out. Even when the Knicks got someone special, they didn't know how to build. The Melo era...2 first round exists, one second round exit.

Obi Toppin could very well turn into a 5 tool power forward but he needs a playmaking point guard. Not one who has to put up 20 ppg before dishing.

Again, today game...the most impactful player is the one who can give up the ball and make the 4th and 5th options into serious threats.

Will the Knicks Front Office realize that? Let's see...
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 01-17-2022 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I know. I'm just being facetious about how the Knicks Front Office negligence has come back to bite them in the butt. It's not too late to bring back, Dennis Smith Jr + Emmanuel Mudiay, Scott Perry's backcourt of the future.

A playmaking point guard is invaluable in today's game. It's no longer about what a man does but what does he give up? Similar to Jason Kidd, the Ball family has adapted to the modern game: How to be effective when you don't have the ball.

Look at the Hornets roster.

Terry Rozier never understood the value of winning ugly. He put up nice numbers and guys who don't watch basketball cooed. There's a reason why the Hornets were awful with Terry Rozier running the offense. You only win as a team, getting the 4th and 5th man involved. Is Rozier a good scorer to have around? Absolutely. Transcendental player or one that can turn a franchise around? NO. Absolutely not.

Today, the Knicks looked hung over. The Hornets can get through small spurts w/o Lamelo Ball.

I often feel the Knicks Front Office is always 10 yrs behind the times. When Isiah was around, he tried to bring back bully ball. Failed. Then the Knicks tried multiple times to build via superstar vision: Lebron? Struck out Durant? Struck out. Even when the Knicks got someone special, they didn't know how to build. The Melo era...2 first round exists, one second round exit.

Obi Toppin could very well turn into a 5 tool power forward but he needs a playmaking point guard. Not one who has to put up 20 ppg before dishing.

Again, today game...the most impactful player is the one who can give up the ball and make the 4th and 5th options into serious threats.

Will the Knicks Front Office realize that? Let's see...
    In theory I understand but I believe the nba has only a few pass first point guards. We need a floor general for sure. But the energy and flow is already on this team as witnesses by our second unit Lead by rose.

What we need is an emphasis on assists. And thatís a team commitment. What we have is over dribblers. A whole bunch of them.

In order

Randle
    Burks
    Q
    Rj

That is the main culprit for us.

When our second unit plays fast you do not miss not having a point guard

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    In theory I understand but I believe the nba has only a few pass first point guards. We need a floor general for sure. But the energy and flow is already on this team as witnesses by our second unit Lead by rose.

What we need is an emphasis on assists. And thatís a team commitment. What we have is over dribblers. A whole bunch of them.

In order

Randle
    Burks
    Q
    Rj

That is the main culprit for us.

When our second unit plays fast you do not miss not having a point guard
    The Knicks had passed up opportunities in the last few drafts as well as free agency to find a pass-first point guard.

We keep talking about the bench. Yet, during the mini-stretch when several starters were out due to COVID protocols the bench got creamed as starters.

Again, I've never seen an organization stock up on second round picks, late first rounders..and then neglect the starting 5 positions w/o a system. Organizations like the Pacers and the Spurs draft late with an emphasis on the system.

I just don't see the direction.

Last year the Knicks received Derrick Rose for failed project, Dennis Smith Jr who also bombed in Detroit, now as a Trailblazer getting some time in a blowout loss. A trade that Brock Aller and Scott Perry were against.

The trade deadline is less than a month away. We'll see if the Knicks get a boost.

I barely watched the game but I think an *** whooping like that should quell any thoughts that we should stand pat at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I barely watched the game but I think an *** whooping like that should quell any thoughts that we should stand pat at the deadline.
    Big Facts!
    Only 1 Infinity stone left

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast