Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread 1/17/22: Hornets vs. Knicks - Will Lamelo, ball?

Who yall got this afternoon??

VS

New York Knicks (21-21, 10th in the Eastern Conference) vs. Charlotte Hornets (23-20, 7the in the Eastern Conference)

New York City; Monday, 1:00p.m. EST

This Monday, the Charlotte Hornets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.49 points per contest. They will take on the New York Knicks at 1 p.m. ET Monday at Madison Square Garden after having had a few days off. New York will be strutting in after a win while the Hornets will be stumbling in from a defeat.

Charlotte came up short against the Orlando Magic this past Friday, falling 116-109. What made the loss an especially bitter pill for Charlotte to swallow was that they had been favored by 11 points coming into the game. Charlotte's loss came about despite a quality game from point guard LaMelo Ball, who had 23 points and eight assists.

Meanwhile, New York bagged a 117-108 victory over the Atlanta Hawks this past Saturday. New York got their win on the backs of several key players, and it was point guard Alec Burks out in front picking up 17 points and eight assists along with nine rebounds.

The Hornets beat the Knicks 104-96 in the teams' previous meeting last November. The rematch might be a little tougher for Charlotte since the squad won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
    Last edited by rpgmaster86; 01-17-2022 at 02:18 PM.
    Only 1 Infinity stone left

LaMelo Ball (illness) isn't starting Monday's game vs. the Knicks, with Cody Martin taking his spot in the lineup.
    Kemba Walker (left knee soreness) has been ruled out for Monday's game against Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    LaMelo Ball (illness) isn't starting Monday's game vs. the Knicks, with Cody Martin taking his spot in the lineup.
    Kemba Walker (left knee soreness) has been ruled out for Monday's game against Charlotte.
    They're still pretty formidable without Ball. But definitely helps if he's not playing.
    Does not starting mean not playing at all?

Iím hearing Lamelo is hungover. Lol. [emoji1787]

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Iím hearing Lamelo is hungover. Lol. [emoji1787]
    LOL that does qualify as Non-Covid related.

Mayor gettin booed...lol...us Knick fans are different lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Damn I wanted to see LaMelo play

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Damn I wanted to see LaMelo play

They're saying he might play.

Wow Mitch

WAIT

WHAT JUST HAPPENED??

Ok they can stop playing. Now I've seen everything.

Didn't know Mitch had that in his bag...He's been looking to do more offensively.

Jeez, we're getting run out of the gym...we're not getting back on D

Bad Randle is back smfh

A center with mitches upside is untradable bc they are not getting a star player back for him. This love for small ball is so over valued. I am secretly routing for Cleveland bc they are doing it their way with TALENTED bigs. It allows guards to play more like they are supposed to play while still shooting threes. Bigs HAVE to be fed when they have talented

Glad that tibs seems to appreciate Mitch

Myles Turner is not the right guy if we were to give up Mitch. Mitches upside is greater and his presence on d is similar even if he doesn't block as many. It's the FEAR of being blocked. Not actually how many are blocked

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast