Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Covid Booster Shot

Not sure I can take any future shots man... Dont even know what my options are but i have now had a death like reaction to the last 2 shots... first shot just some pain in my arm... 2nd shot pain in my arm neck and bad chills that lasted for hours in the summer time to the point i wanted to put the heat on when it was 80 plus out. Yesterdays booster shot i took between 2 and 3 during the eagles game.... i was fine until 338 in the morning..... then it happened. Slight pain in my arm/neck/jaw but nowhere near as bad as the 2nd shot.... the problem was the shakes/shivers... i had the heat on and was so cold i had to get in a steaming hot bath for as long as possible... when i got out up until now i had chills and shaking so severe i had to put on an insulated jacket/gloves/hat and wrap myself in a blanket while i passed out on and off up until about an hour ago where i finally woke up with chills/a 103 fever and it feels like someone is currently sitting on my head.... I am 100 percent pro vaccine but i honestly felt like i was going to die.... i thought the more shots you get the lesser the symptoms? I know covid symptoms are way worse etc but i am not sure i have the balls to take another shot if it comes down to it knowing what is going to happen.

i couldnt stop my body from shaking and that is an awful feeling.... anyone have any advice? should i be taking over the counter theraflu etc like its water after i get the shot?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-17-2022 at 12:51 PM.

I havenít done the booster, likely wonít. Not much help.

I read this as I was waiting in line for my booster. I had no issue with the first but the 2nd kicked my ***. I basically didn't move the first day and couldn't keep anything in my system for like 3-4 days. So I'm hoping my booster doesn't have as bad of reaction as you got. Good luck my man.

I've had the two initial shots and the booster. Felt a tiny bit of heaviness/soreness at the injection site (nothing significant) for maybe 12 hours. Went for 10+ mile hikes with zero issues the day after each time.

I've heard plenty of people that got fairly gnarly side effects but no one I know in real life had anything more than what I just described (ranging from people younger to me to people over twice my age). Sounds like something you should do a little research on but not worry about too much until a second booster is available and recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I've had the two initial shots and the booster. Felt a tiny bit of heaviness/soreness at the injection site (nothing significant) for maybe 12 hours. Went for 10+ mile hikes with zero issues the day after each time.

I've heard plenty of people that got fairly gnarly side effects but no one I know in real life had anything more than what I just described (ranging from people younger to me to people over twice my age). Sounds like something you should do a little research on but not worry about too much until a second booster is available and recommended.
    Feels like it's a crapshoot. I've known people with basically no reaction. I've known a few people with maybe 1 day of crap. A few folks with like headaches and fatigue but that's about it.

But I'm mid 30s with no major conditions or anything. I'm not in great shape, but not bad shape. My diet could be better but it's not awful either. And I lost 4 lbs from my 2nd shot because I had such bad nasuea and couldn't keep anything in my system for 5 days. And I've gotten flu shots before and have all my normal vaccines from when you're a kid and even college and all that with no problems.

the first 2 shots weren't anything major, first shot just arm pain 2nd shot had some arm pain and fatigue and a little chills. my booster for a week after I got my booster my arm hurt like hell. it was too the point I was holding my arm against my chest like you would if it was ina sling. the day after the shot I was fatigued and that was about it but my arm just killed.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Feels like it's a crapshoot. I've known people with basically no reaction. I've known a few people with maybe 1 day of crap. A few folks with like headaches and fatigue but that's about it.

But I'm mid 30s with no major conditions or anything. I'm not in great shape, but not bad shape. My diet could be better but it's not awful either. And I lost 4 lbs from my 2nd shot because I had such bad nasuea and couldn't keep anything in my system for 5 days. And I've gotten flu shots before and have all my normal vaccines from when you're a kid and even college and all that with no problems.
    Iím one of those that had headache and fatigue. About 12 hours after the shot through 24 hours later. Like a had a NyQuil hangover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I had it and arm felt sore and I felt tired for about 2 days but mostly napped it off.

What shots you took?

Maybe you should take a different shot for the booster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I had it and arm felt sore and I felt tired for about 2 days but mostly napped it off.

What shots you took?

Maybe you should take a different shot for the booster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    all 3 were maderna. I have gone from the shivers to now sweating like i am 500 pounds lol. This is far better than having the chills though. Still body pain and headache but the worst of it i think is over.

All of my shots have been Pfizer fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    All of my shots have been Pfizer fwiw.
    Same
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I havenít done the booster, likely wonít. Not much help.
    Not much help?! Studies show boosters SIGNIFICANTLY increases antibodies
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post

out of curiosity, have you had Covid?
    My personal experience (small sample size) is that a high percentage of people with reactions had also tested positive within the last few months...

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Not much help?! Studies show boosters SIGNIFICANTLY increases antibodies
    I meant Iím not much help to his question since I havenít gotten a booster.

my bad, that's a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast