Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14,018
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    out of curiosity, have you had Covid?
    My personal experience (small sample size) is that a high percentage of people with reactions had also tested positive within the last few months...
    Not that I know of. I have kids in daycare but have been working from home since the pandemic started. I have allergies and stuff but I never actually felt horrible or tested positive.

    I'm about 2 days removed from the booster and have had virtually no reaction. Slightly sore arm. Little tired and bit of a headache/sore muscles. But it was strange. 1st shot and booster seemed to be fine but my 2nd shot was really bad.

    I made sure for the booster that I ate fairly well and made sure I was well hydrated and did some stretching and yoga before and after as some of that stuff may have contributed. I have nothing diagnosed, but I've had a weird stomach for years where I get nauseous more often than most, but not near as bad as I did with the 2nd shot. I legit didn't keep food in my system for 2 days and probably didn't take a normal **** for almost 2 weeks.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 01-19-2022 at 04:28 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Not that I know of. I have kids in daycare but have been working from home since the pandemic started. I have allergies and stuff but I never actually felt horrible or tested positive.

    I'm about 2 days removed from the booster and have had virtually no reaction. Slightly sore arm. Little tired and bit of a headache/sore muscles. But it was strange. 1st shot and booster seemed to be fine but my 2nd shot was really bad.

    I made sure for the booster that I ate fairly well and made sure I was well hydrated and did some stretching and yoga before and after as some of that stuff may have contributed. I have nothing diagnosed, but I've had a weird stomach for years where I get nauseous more often than most, but not near as bad as I did with the 2nd shot. I legit didn't keep food in my system for 2 days and probably didn't take a normal **** for almost 2 weeks.
    then I got nuttin'........early on they suggested people wait 90 days after a positive test to get a vaccine dose- suggesting a high antibody level while getting a shot might cause some illness.....but doesn't fit you then

    Ginger and peppermint are good for nausea btw, but if this has been going on for years (and you're not having anxiety isssues) more is going on. I used to have some similar issues- for me I'd stopped taking omeprozole for me acid reflux. Going back to taking that daily resolved my issues (but then, it's a med, so it's probably causing others I don't yet know about).
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,860
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    all 3 were maderna. I have gone from the shivers to now sweating like i am 500 pounds lol. This is far better than having the chills though. Still body pain and headache but the worst of it i think is over.
    All 3 of my shots have been Moderna as well and every time I only had a sore arm. I guess it's the maple syrup in my blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,062
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    all 3 were maderna. I have gone from the shivers to now sweating like i am 500 pounds lol. This is far better than having the chills though. Still body pain and headache but the worst of it i think is over.
    I would definitely let your Doctor know before you take another booster, in your case based on your extreme reaction, they may recommend you don't take anymore.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14,018
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    then I got nuttin'........early on they suggested people wait 90 days after a positive test to get a vaccine dose- suggesting a high antibody level while getting a shot might cause some illness.....but doesn't fit you then

    Ginger and peppermint are good for nausea btw, but if this has been going on for years (and you're not having anxiety isssues) more is going on. I used to have some similar issues- for me I'd stopped taking omeprozole for me acid reflux. Going back to taking that daily resolved my issues (but then, it's a med, so it's probably causing others I don't yet know about).
    Yea it's hard to say. I was talking to the lady giving me the shot and she just said for some people getting the shot that close back to back just causes a worse reaction. What's weird is my 2nd shot was 4 weeks after the 1st instead of 3 because there were some scheduling and time off things at the Walgreens I got it at. So I actually had a slightly larger gap between my 1st and 2nd than most.

    I suspect my stomach stuff is a bit of a mix of anxiety and acid reflux. Generally when it flares up I can do a round for some OTC acid reflux stuff, eat a little more basic and do some things like yoga or a bit more exercise but it's not really bad enough to go get looked at. I got looked at years ago in HS but nothing ever came of it so I just try to manage it mostly on my own and that usually works. Just might suck for a few days a couple times a year.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    65,997
    got a veiny 14 inch erection after each shot.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    18,998
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    got a veiny 14 inch erection after each shot.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    we still talking Covid boosters? or did you get yours in the wrong place........but imagine if you could use THAT as a selling point, THAT'D sway some unvaxxed!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14,018
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    we still talking Covid boosters? or did you get yours in the wrong place........but imagine if you could use THAT as a selling point, THAT'D sway some unvaxxed!
    Funny part is I'm pretty sure ED is one of the potential side effects of Covid. Because it does impact the cardiovascular system and potentially some blood flow issues, there's apparently been some reported cases of ED that seem to be caused by covid. I don't think it's a major side effect and it's one that may go under reported, but people should just start an ad campaign based upon that and see how many hyper masculine guys who think my body, my choice reconsider their choice.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    12
    Had to.

    In the past i had a kidney transplant in 2013 and have to take Immunosuppressants for life to help my body from rejecting the new Kidney.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,325
    Tested positive Sunday night. Didn't feel much. Yesterday way different. Built up and built up and by 9pm it was crazy. Insane chills for 15-30 minutes at a time. Then for a couple minutes it was like a heat wave hit me and I'm sweating like mad. I had an upset stomach up until noon today. That's improving. Just crazy, crazy chills and sweats. Body felt like I got hit by a truck. I wonder if I wasn't vaccinated how much worse it would of been.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,427
    I had bad reactions for all 3 doses. The chances are the reactions will not be as bad as the real thing so I will take a dose if needed.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,498
    Got boosted on a Monday morning, woke up the following day and didnt feel bad, just didnt feel quite myself lazy/no energy and was back to normal tuesday afternoon. Then the whole family caught covid roughly 2 weeks later.

    I had no symtoms and would have never known I had anything.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,525
    I've had both initial shots and 2 boosters. I'll take another when and if it is recommended. No one needs to get this crap, regardless of what variant.
    Recent data shows that about 40% of the deaths come from people that have had the Pfizer or Moderna series or the J&J shot, but not the boosters.
    Get vaccinated and boosted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •