Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1061
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    The saints schedule doesnít look easy the rest of the way. I can see Ls to the rams 49ers buccaneers and the eagles. Thereís also 3 toss up games against the falcons browns and panthers. Lose one of these last 3 in addition to the 4 others and we might be looking at a top 7 pick. 5 wins got the panthers the 6th pick last year and 6 wins got the giants the 7th pick.
    They literally only have one game versus what seems like an easy team but even then it's not like they're any good.
    Problem is they've had injuries to their oline and Lattimore has missed so much time, which has helped us a lot.

Let's just keep praying they lose and raiders get their ish together

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I like will, but jalen carter is more exciting because interior pass rush is more of a rare commodity, and as of now Milton Williams and tuipolotu are more depth guys. Jalen carter allows the eagles to let hargrave and cox walk and use that money to resign the secondary. CJGJ, Epps and bradberry all need contracts
    I'd sign Bates too, him and CJGJ would be amazing compliments to one another for a long while. Screw Epps.

The only part that sucks is were going to lose Dillard for nothing, I feel like he'll blossom somewhere.
    Other than that, I'd be onboard for a dlinemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

If he more of a Clowney or Young type?
    He's been comp'd in the Von Miller type mold.

Jalen Carter is the other super highly rated defensive lineman in the class. Since he's a DT some people might get cold feet since it's not seen as a "premium" position. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Howie took him since Howie will sometimes zig while other teams zag (putting a top tackle on the right side as an example when most teams put their best pass blocking tackle on the left).

Either of the 2 would be excellent additions to the team, I think my preference is slightly more towards Anderson today. If we took Carter it'd mean we took 3 major pieces off that incredible Georgia defense.

I was thinking that as well. Man having Jalen carter and Jordan Davis both on rookie deals for the next 4 years would be so crazy. It almost wouldnít matter who the eagles brought in off the edge because their job would be so much easier with those two eating up blocks. Jalen carter is a bit different than Davis, is more of a pass rusher, I think they compliment each other well. A comparison I saw for Jalen carter is Warren sapp. I personally think Jordan Davis is more like a Vince wilfork type of player. Having both type of players on the same DL would be crazy.
    Iíd say a defense that is built with blue chip talent on the interior like that is going to be tough for years

I think people are underestimating how much of a step back the eagles will take next year. Theyíre going to lose coaches and players

So it starts with continuing this great trend of drafts, the offense will be fine, the defense will be a rebuild

Eagles need to resign the young guys. CJGJ, Epps, kyzir, edwards. They need to let cox, hargrave, Quinn and bradberry walk

They need to draft good young talent on defense. To me jalen carter is the start

Davis, carter, Williams, and tuipolotu is your rotation for the next 3-4 years.

Eagles need a DE badly too. But with those guys inside it can wait a little.

I'd sign Bates too, him and CJGJ would be amazing compliments to one another for a long while. Screw Epps.

The only part that sucks is were going to lose Dillard for nothing, I feel like he'll blossom somewhere.
    Other than that, I'd be onboard for a dlinemen.
    Lol Epps is good, and cheaper by a lot, they arenít going to pay CJGJ and bates top safety money. Thatís not how howie works.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    He's been comp'd in the Von Miller type mold.

Jalen Carter is the other super highly rated defensive lineman in the class. Since he's a DT some people might get cold feet since it's not seen as a "premium" position. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Howie took him since Howie will sometimes zig while other teams zag (putting a top tackle on the right side as an example when most teams put their best pass blocking tackle on the left).

Either of the 2 would be excellent additions to the team, I think my preference is slightly more towards Anderson today. If we took Carter it'd mean we took 3 major pieces off that incredible Georgia defense.
    Will Anderson would be a good pick. I think the appropriate question is whoís more likely to be a top player at their position. Jalen carter was said to be the most talented DT on a team that included Jordan Davis. And Jordan Davis already is the best run defender on one of the nfls top defenses

Edge rush is a premium though. I think Iíd be fine with either.

Iíd say itís easier to find good DTs in other rounds than DEs which speaks to Anderson, but Davis and carter next to each other would give QBs more fits than a great DE. If carter is as advertised

Will Anderson would be a good pick. I think the appropriate question is whoís more likely to be a top player at their position. Jalen carter was said to be the most talented DT on a team that included Jordan Davis. And Jordan Davis already is the best run defender on one of the nfls top defenses

Edge rush is a premium though. I think Iíd be fine with either.

Iíd say itís easier to find good DTs in other rounds than DEs which speaks to Anderson, but Davis and carter next to each other would give QBs more fits than a great DE. If carter is as advertised
    If Dean can make some strides to see the field consistently it'd be a ton of fun to see Carter-Davis-Dean on the field together

They literally only have one game versus what seems like an easy team but even then it's not like they're any good.
    Problem is they've had injuries to their oline and Lattimore has missed so much time, which has helped us a lot.

Let's just keep praying they lose and raiders get their ish together
    I had my hopes up for Miamiís pick last year and then they won like 8 straight games.lmao extremely low chance of that happening again, but with their schedule I can see a possibility of 2-3 more wins which I think would still be a top 7ish pick.

Best case scenario is top 5, more likely itís top 10, and I think worst case scenario is maybe 11 or 12 (if they win 4 out of their remaining 7 games).

I had my hopes up for Miamiís pick last year and then they won like 8 straight games.lmao extremely low chance of that happening again, but with their schedule I can see a possibility of 2-3 more wins which I think would still be a top 7ish pick.

Best case scenario is top 5, more likely itís top 10, and I think worst case scenario is maybe 11 or 12 (if they win 4 out of their remaining 7 games).
    Well their best defensive player is out this week, Cam Jordan. For all we know Saints are probably in full tank mode already.
    Rams hopefully explode and pull it off
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Lol Epps is good, and cheaper by a lot, they arenít going to pay CJGJ and bates top safety money. Thatís not how howie works.
    Epps has been okay at best. He's also been a huge part of the support getting gashed on runs. Bates is outstanding at diagnosing that and a sure tackler. Epps is a good backup but let's not exaggerate like it.

Also I think maybe Bates asks for a lot, I can't see CJGJ asking for 15M range. Even then we will have a lot of cap space next 2 years before a potential Hurts extension if it happens, Devonta 3 years. But Sanders will likely be replaced by a cheaper option via draft this year. Everyone else is already extended or signed.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

For sure. CJGJ is a keeper.

With New Orleans winning today the pick is at #10. Honestly I will be happy if the pick is top 10 but anything higher is a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    With New Orleans winning today the pick is at #10. Honestly I will be happy if the pick is top 10 but anything higher is a bonus
    Frigen rams

Rams are a dumpster fire. I think Tampa and Atlanta beats saints. Carolina could depending on what version shows up. Hoping saints fall apart yet
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

I jinxed the saints.. sorry guys.. I wonít talk about it anymore..lol

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast