Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

2021 Offseason + Draft Discussion

15, 16, 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Go get a real qb.

I'm going to start of the same way I started off last year's. Watson Watson Watson. Do whatever convincing and swaying you have to do to get his *** here.
    Rodgers I can't see happening.
    Wilson can be depending on price.

But a new name I'm open to warming up to is Matt Ryan. Only problem is I didn't watch him too often to know how his arm strength is right now but his accuracy and anticipation is welcome and he would make Devonta into a 1500 yard receiver easily.
    He also would not cost us a first and let us stack up defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I'm going to start of the same way I started off last year's. Watson Watson Watson. Do whatever convincing and swaying you have to do to get his *** here.
    Rodgers I can't see happening.
    Wilson can be depending on price.

But a new name I'm open to warming up to is Matt Ryan. Only problem is I didn't watch him too often to know how his arm strength is right now but his accuracy and anticipation is welcome and he would make Devonta into a 1500 yard receiver easily.
    He also would not cost us a first and let us stack up defensively.
    Watson is a hard sell as much as i love the dudes talent.

Rodgers no and hell no to Ryan.

Wilson is about the only guy id go after this offseason. Heís young enough and even if his athleticism is declining (I donít think it is) heís a good enough passer. Id like to see him with a good oline.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Watson is a hard sell as much as i love the dudes talent.

Rodgers no and hell no to Ryan.

Wilson is about the only guy id go after this offseason. Heís young enough and even if his athleticism is declining (I donít think it is) heís a good enough passer. Id like to see him with a good oline.
    Usually agree with you, but why "no" to Rodgers?

2021 Offseason + Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Usually agree with you, but why "no" to Rodgers?
    Age and cost at this point.

I know heís still elite and could probably play as long as Brady will play but Iím just not ready to gamble on that. If the Eagles were a QB away like Tampa was Iíd be for it. They need more than just a QB.

Wilson would have to not be a crazy cost either but heís almost 6 years younger than Rodgers so if you could still get 10 years from Wilson Iíd be good. I donít think you can bank on more than 5 from Rodgers. Thatís too tight of a window.

Honestly Derek Carr would be the guy I would want most if he was available.

Age and cost at this point.

I know heís still elite and could probably play as long as Brady will play but Iím just not ready to gamble on that. If the Eagles were a QB away like Tampa was Iíd be for it. They need more than just a QB.

Wilson would have to not be a crazy cost either but heís almost 6 years younger than Rodgers so if you could still get 10 years from Wilson Iíd be good. I donít think you can bank on more than 5 from Rodgers. Thatís too tight of a window.
    I feel the same as you about ARod but I also feel the same way about Russell Wilson. Nobody knows when a players decline is coming. I just think when a player is around his mid 30s, thatís a time when I think you might not want to invest a lot into that player (unless heís already been with the organization for years).

A franchise QB is extremely important obviously and if hurts isnít gonna be that guy then they do need to start looking at other options but Iím just not sure ARod or Wilson or Watson are those guys.

Personally, Iíd rather draft a QB that can grow with the offense versus trading a lot for an expensive, aging QB. I know itíll take longer to develop and I know how impatient this fan base is, but it could be the difference between having one shot at a super bowl in the next 10 years and having 5 or 6 shots at the super bowl in the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I feel the same as you about ARod but I also feel the same way about Russell Wilson. Nobody knows when a players decline is coming. I just think when a player is around his mid 30s, thatís a time when I think you might not want to invest a lot into that player (unless heís already been with the organization for years).

A franchise QB is extremely important obviously and if hurts isnít gonna be that guy then they do need to start looking at other options but Iím just not sure ARod or Wilson or Watson are those guys.

Personally, Iíd rather draft a QB that can grow with the offense versus trading a lot for an expensive, aging QB. I know itíll take longer to develop and I know how impatient this fan base is, but it could be the difference between having one shot at a super bowl in the next 10 years and having 5 or 6 shots at the super bowl in the next 10 years.
    Wilson is right there on the cusp for me. I originally thought he was 31 but heís obviously 33. It would depend on what we give up for him. I wouldnít give up more than one first for him.

You start getting in multiple firsts then Iím out.

I too would rather a young QB Iím just tired of wasting picks on a QB to hope to grow. If they draft a guy in the first thatís two firsts in 6 years wasted on a QB and 3 picks in the first two rounds of the last 6 drafts. QBs are so hard because they are so important and if you miss youíll have to draft in the first again soon.

Wilson is right there on the cusp for me. I originally thought he was 31 but heís obviously 33. It would depend on what we give up for him. I wouldnít give up more than one first for him.

You start getting in multiple firsts then Iím out.

I too would rather a young QB Iím just tired of wasting picks on a QB to hope to grow. If they draft a guy in the first thatís two firsts in 6 years wasted on a QB and 3 picks in the first two rounds of the last 6 drafts. QBs are so hard because they are so important and if you miss youíll have to draft in the first again soon.
    If itís just a 1 then sure, why not. But if they are asking for two of our firsts then Iíd tell them to gtfo. Adding hurts to lower the draft capital would be nice too.

By the way, Iím not asking what you guys think of Jalen hurts as a player, I know everyone is down on him, myself included.

But what do you guys think his trade value is? Personally, I think the eagles can get a 2nd for him.

Jonathan Gannon has 3 interview requests

By the way, Iím not asking what you guys think of Jalen hurts as a player, I know everyone is down on him, myself included.

But what do you guys think his trade value is? Personally, I think the eagles can get a 2nd for him.
    I could see a 2nd

Darnold went for a 2nd+, so I'm confident the Eagles could get at least a 2nd for Hurts.

Everything about Hurts makes you want to root for him, he works hard, is a great leader from what everyone says, is accountable. The concern for Hurts is that he's not a great anticipation thrower of the ball, he waits until the WR is open before throwing vs being able to anticipate that the receiver will be able to get open. That does not mean that Hurts can't succeed, might be something he can develop with enough reps. Hurts also does not have elite arm strength, does not mean he can't be successful, but right now those 2 points are what holds him and by extension us back.

The question is we need to ask ourselves is where do we stand/what QBs are potentially available vs the asking price. I would argue the TB game was an eye opener that we are much further from being contenders than we thought. Our wins came mostly against teams with poor QB play that had losing records. Games that we should be able to win. When we played teams that were good we did not fare well for the most part and were often down big trying to comeback.

I'm not interested in trading for ARod nor Wilson. I think both would cost more than 1 first, and I don't think we could insert them into the lineup and immediately be major contenders. I'm not a fan of Cousins, or Jimmy G, so I think they aren't worth trading for. Watson is not worth it IMO. I also am low on this year's class for QBs (I was also low on 2017s, so take it with a grain of salt).

For me the only QB I'd be interested in trading for is Carr (I also assume he is not on the market), outside of that the team needs to really look at the class and determine of any of these QBs are an upgrade over Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    Darnold went for a 2nd+, so I'm confident the Eagles could get at least a 2nd for Hurts.

Everything about Hurts makes you want to root for him, he works hard, is a great leader from what everyone says, is accountable. The concern for Hurts is that he's not a great anticipation thrower of the ball, he waits until the WR is open before throwing vs being able to anticipate that the receiver will be able to get open. That does not mean that Hurts can't succeed, might be something he can develop with enough reps. Hurts also does not have elite arm strength, does not mean he can't be successful, but right now those 2 points are what holds him and by extension us back.

The question is we need to ask ourselves is where do we stand/what QBs are potentially available vs the asking price. I would argue the TB game was an eye opener that we are much further from being contenders than we thought. Our wins came mostly against teams with poor QB play that had losing records. Games that we should be able to win. When we played teams that were good we did not fare well for the most part and were often down big trying to comeback.

I'm not interested in trading for ARod nor Wilson. I think both would cost more than 1 first, and I don't think we could insert them into the lineup and immediately be major contenders. I'm not a fan of Cousins, or Jimmy G, so I think they aren't worth trading for. Watson is not worth it IMO. I also am low on this year's class for QBs (I was also low on 2017s, so take it with a grain of salt).

For me the only QB I'd be interested in trading for is Carr (I also assume he is not on the market), outside of that the team needs to really look at the class and determine of any of these QBs are an upgrade over Hurts
    I agree with basically all of this. This is also why I think Jalen hurts will be the QB to start 2022. Not because the eagles believe in him, but more so because I donít think thereís a replacement at the moment that is worth the asking price. We could trade a couple of 1sts for one of those QBs, but then we would still be lacking on defense where so many good QBs complete 80% of their passes.

Also I just want to say, if Carson wentz was traded for a 1st and 3rd, I donít think Russell Wilson or ARod will be traded for less than two 1sts.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast