Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Iím not saying itíd be a bad idea to go after him, Iíd be all for it, I just think itís unlikely because the eagles donít typically like to pay safeties big money. Wherever he gets traded, that team will probably give him the biggest safety contract in nfl history. I just donít think howie is interested in that, heíd rather spend that money on the trenches.
    Yeah, thinking of it from a cap perspective, he's stuck with an approximate $12.9M cap hit under the tag (since now it's after July 15th or whatever). Does extending him change that cap hit? How would that work since he's likely looking for a bigger contract anyways. We would need to extend Hargrave if we are looking to make things work with this and keep the amount of cap Howie likes to have around (over $7M each year it seems). I don't think Howie wants to extend Hargrave. We could wait until closer to November 1st TDL to see what pans out then? That probably would be the safest bet, but could prove to be an issue with leverage and bringing in a guy after camp that will need to learn the system quick and in a hurry...

2021 Offseason + Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Yeah, thinking of it from a cap perspective, he's stuck with an approximate $12.9M cap hit under the tag (since now it's after July 15th or whatever). Does extending him change that cap hit? How would that work since he's likely looking for a bigger contract anyways. We would need to extend Hargrave if we are looking to make things work with this and keep the amount of cap Howie likes to have around (over $7M each year it seems). I don't think Howie wants to extend Hargrave. We could wait until closer to November 1st TDL to see what pans out then? That probably would be the safest bet, but could prove to be an issue with leverage and bringing in a guy after camp that will need to learn the system quick and in a hurry...
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/b...ii-trade-2022/

So I was reading this article and apparently since heís on the franchise tag and the deadline passed already and they havenít signed a long term deal, any team that trades for him cannot renegotiate a multi year deal. They can renegotiate a 1 year deal but not more than one year till the conclusion of the 2022 season.

So I will say this, I actually think this makes it more likely that the eagles would trade for him. Theyíd only be committed to him for 1 year and then they can work out a contract in the offseason or let him walk and receive a compensation pick for him signing with another team (essentially making the trade for him ďfreeĒ or at least cost less than the initial investment). Trade compensation would likely be a lot less also since the trading team canít extend him.

Howie doesnít usually like giving out big long term deals to safeties, but a 1 year deal? Maybe..
    Last edited by QQQ; 07-21-2022 at 02:10 PM.

I think it all depends on what the trade compensation will be. Clowney was traded on his franchise tag for a 3rd round pick and some role players. Clowney is at a much more valuable position so bates should fetch less than that, maybe a 4th or 5th and role players? I donít know..

I think it all depends on what the trade compensation will be. Clowney was traded on his franchise tag for a 3rd round pick and some role players. Clowney is at a much more valuable position so bates should fetch less than that, maybe a 4th or 5th and role players? I donít know..
    I think trading someone like Dillard/Seumalo/Reagor with a later pick would be what would happen. It would be a really sick team this year with Bates back there. Get a good look at him and either get a sweet comp pick or a safety for the next 4-5 years.

I think trading someone like Dillard/Seumalo/Reagor with a later pick would be what would happen. It would be a really sick team this year with Bates back there. Get a good look at him and either get a sweet comp pick or a safety for the next 4-5 years.
    Hundred percent on board.
    Then with our 2 firsts the possibilities are endless since we'd have minimal holes because we have youth at all positions now basically.

We only need to add more youth at CB and maybe potentially RT for lanes eventual replacement. Plus we still have trade assets that can land us something good.

I've been on Dillard for bates from end of season and it just makes to much sense. Throw in Reagor if we have to haha.

If Hurts wasn't a humangous ? mark, this team is a legitimate SB contender and probably top 3 in NFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Anyone hear whether Reagor has looked better or not? I'm interested to see if he can improve enough to maybe show some of that potential. Honestly, I'm hopeful in year three for him to be better. I also read the defense is absolutely flying around out there. Hopefully, the offense isn't just being bad 😂

Anyone hear whether Reagor has looked better or not? I'm interested to see if he can improve enough to maybe show some of that potential. Honestly, I'm hopeful in year three for him to be better. I also read the defense is absolutely flying around out there. Hopefully, the offense isn't just being bad [emoji23]
    I read that he supposedly came into camp in very good shape. I wonder if this means that he took off the extra muscles he added between his last game at tcu and the nfl draft. Even right when he was drafted, I always thought the added weight was bad for his career, so itís good to see if he did shed that weight. Might be too little too late kinda thing.

As far as his play goes, I heard he had a good first day and then after that heís struggled a bit with drops since then. If he can make it as a 4th-5th WR then so be it but if he doesnít look a lot better I could see the eagles just cutting their losses. Nick sirianni said that reagor is fighting for a roster spot, thatís not very encouraging.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-2...-jordan-davis/

Jordan Davis seems to have impressed a ton so far. Today he reportedly won all of his one on one matchups except one rep. That rep was against cam jurgens. Cam jurgens has supposedly looked really good against the bull rush so far in camp. Looking back at a similarly undersized center, Jason kelce took a little while to get adjusted to the bull rush, so hearing that cam is already doing well against it is a great sign.

Good reports for the top two draft picks so far.

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/statu...82635317067778

Sounds like reagor is having a good day. I hope he does well and starts to become the player the eagles originally envisioned, but I just donít think he has the right mentality for the nfl. Iíve already somewhat given up on him, I hope he proves me and a lot of other fans wrong

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-2...-jordan-davis/

Jordan Davis seems to have impressed a ton so far. Today he reportedly won all of his one on one matchups except one rep. That rep was against cam jurgens. Cam jurgens has supposedly looked really good against the bull rush so far in camp. Looking back at a similarly undersized center, Jason kelce took a little while to get adjusted to the bull rush, so hearing that cam is already doing well against it is a great sign.

Good reports for the top two draft picks so far.
    There's a Twitter video that was posted an hour ago where he just took a olinemen and pushed him back 20 feet with ease
    This man might be a problem.

Also whys no one talking about the elephant in the room?
    Hurts accuracy hasn't improved and his reads are still bad from all reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

There's a Twitter video that was posted an hour ago where he just took a olinemen and pushed him back 20 feet with ease
    This man might be a problem.

Also whys no one talking about the elephant in the room?
    Hurts accuracy hasn't improved and his reads are still bad from all reports.
    Yeah I saw that Jordan Davis video. Lmao.. Bro.. Iím trying so hard not to get my hopes up too high on him, but he looks VERY GOOD so farÖ

Yeah hurts has been bad. Today I guess he had a very good day, but his stock has been more down than up so far. It could be that heís going up against a very good defense, but it also could be that he didnít improve much. We will see. Itís hard to tell in practice

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/st...hgfS4WJzndhsYw

Hereís the Jordan Davis video for everybody that hasnít seen it. Thereís been nothing but good reports on this kid so far. It also sounds like heís always one of the first guys on the field and always one of the last to leave. We might have a stud here guys..

The top 3 2022 draft picks for the eagles all did really well in the first preseason game. Jurgens looked absolutely amazing out there. Wow.. we might actually have a legit center replacement for whenever kelce retires. Jordan Davis and nakobe dean played really well in defense. Man I canít wait to see what these guys can do in the regular season.

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/statu...82635317067778

Sounds like reagor is having a good day. I hope he does well and starts to become the player the eagles originally envisioned, but I just donít think he has the right mentality for the nfl. Iíve already somewhat given up on him, I hope he proves me and a lot of other fans wrong
    Reagor's time here in Philly is coming to an end whether they trade him or let his contract expire. Howie understood he can't play at this level that's why he made the moves he made. Until his time comes which it's coming he just needs to give us solid special teams play that's about all he's good for at this point.

With the news of Britain Covey ligament thumb injury I wonder if he make the roster. Disappointing because I want to see if he can be the PR/KR guy this year.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast