Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    ...Epps and Harris are both veterans though and we have K'von in the backup. I think Bates is simply to have a star on the back side. If we can get him, there is no reason to avoid making the move. Trade Seumalo and a 2nd for all I care. If you are getting a guy at safety that can play 5 years at a high level, that's a good price. Now the question becomes, how much money is Bates going to want?
    Heís gonna want to be paid big money. Thatís part of the reason Iíd lean more towards the eagles not trading for bates, they donít usually like to give safety much money. That being said, maybe they like having Epps next to him that is still on his rookie contract. Also, cap is gonna explode next year so locking in a guy like bates now might give him a manageable safety contract in the new salary cap era starting next year.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Heís gonna want to be paid big money. Thatís part of the reason Iíd lean more towards the eagles not trading for bates, they donít usually like to give safety much money. That being said, maybe they like having Epps next to him that is still on his rookie contract. Also, cap is gonna explode next year so locking in a guy like bates now might give him a manageable safety contract in the new salary cap era starting next year.
    That's what I'm thinking...Getting him locked in for a long time would possibly be a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking...Getting him locked in for a long time would possibly be a steal.
    Regardless of what happens, I think thereís little to no movement until after the June 1st cuts start to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Regardless of what happens, I think thereís little to no movement until after the June 1st cuts start to happen.
    Yeah, for sure. That's when I expect round 2 of the Howie magic to start....or is it round 3....or round 4...I don't even know anymore...😆

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364