Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Trade deadline

Trade deadline

So what is everyone wanting for the trade deadline.

What I don't want is Ben Simmons.

I am hearing trades along the lines of Fox, Hield, Barnes, and multiple picks for Simmons and Harris. I think that would be disastrous.

In modern day basketball Simmons just doesn't fit. To me Fox is a better player than Simmons and Barnes and Harris are within discussion, plus we are going to throw in Hield and draft picks. Count me out in any Simmons scenarios

No way am I trading next years 1st round pick unless its top 8 protected. Too many good SF/PF/C types in the top 8 to 10 picks exactly what we need.

I understand this team is not working, but trading for the sake of making trades is worst. I would much rather sacrifice this season, let these players develop, and take a top 10 pick next season than make a bad trade.

If I am going to take a player give me Sabonis not Simmons.

Barnes, Buddy, Fox for Simmons and Harris. No picks.

Iím not totally against Simmons, but no way should we give up the farm for him. Iíd be okay with the Fox, Buddy, Barnes for Simmons and Harris. Then let Simmons sit for the rest of the season to get his head right. I would guess that Mitchell, Hali, Simmons, Harris, Holmes plus Davis, Bagley?, and a lottery pick should get us in the playoffs.

Aside from Simmons, I think itís time to move on from Buddy and Barnes. Davis is comparable to Buddy at a fraction of the cost. I like Barnes, but I think we should move on while we can still get something back for him. He also deserves to play meaningful basketball.

We need to target some hard nosed forwards in return.