Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Filibuster

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds like a "definitely maybe" sort of situation.
    That is a very unique and mostly perfect description of it.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Are we in meltdown disarray captured by foreign entities? Nope. Huh...amazing.
    I wouldn't say we are captured by foreign entities, but we are absolutely captured. There are enough people on both sides that are able to stop the country from doing anything. I don't think we could get enough votes to pass a bill that confirms the sky is blue and the grass is green.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I wouldn't say we are captured by foreign entities, but we are absolutely captured. There are enough people on both sides that are able to stop the country from doing anything. I don't think we could get enough votes to pass a bill that confirms the sky is blue and the grass is green.
    That isn't the Congressmen's fault. That's our fault.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

That isn't the Congressmen's fault. That's our fault.
    Ok well whoever's fault is it, what's the fix? Because I see no desire amongst "us" to fix it.

Ok well whoever's fault is it, what's the fix? Because I see no desire amongst "us" to fix it.
    The fix is bad law. When one side has gone too far the other side will be given the numbers to pass laws unilaterally.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    The fix is bad law. When one side has gone too far the other side will be given the numbers to pass laws unilaterally.
    Texas passed their abortion law to essentially outlaw abortion in direct contrast to roughly 2/3 of the countryís opinion and there is a good chance that they could win one or both chambers. Try again.

Texas passed their abortion law to essentially outlaw abortion in direct contrast to roughly 2/3 of the countryís opinion and there is a good chance that they could win one or both chambers. Try again.
    2/3rd of the American people are NOT supportive of abortion the way it is legal in the US. In fact, more and more people are changing their minds about abortions of late term babies, partial birth abortions and as people learn more about the development of the child in the womb and the viability of early births survival, there will be further erosion of the abortion rights popularity with everyday people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    2/3rd of the American people are NOT supportive of abortion the way it is legal in the US. In fact, more and more people are changing their minds about abortions of late term babies, partial birth abortions and as people learn more about the development of the child in the womb and the viability of early births survival, there will be further erosion of the abortion rights popularity with everyday people.
    Actually they are. And the fact that you're bringing up absurd hypotheticals like late term and partial birth abortions tells me that you know that. Nobody is suggesting a law that entirely legalizes abortion like that. Not one person across any side of the political spectrum. They are proposing that a ban on the procedure after 6 weeks is wholly unacceptable. The attempt to shift 6 weeks to the middle ground is destined to fail.

Itís not settled law and the repercussions will take time. Laws have consequence that we will see as they take effect.

It's not a bad law. As has been said by me, put it to a vote. Each state. Lots of luck.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

It's not a bad law. As has been said by me, put it to a vote. Each state. Lots of luck.
    Any other rights that we want to put up for a vote?

Actually they are. And the fact that you're bringing up absurd hypotheticals like late term and partial birth abortions tells me that you know that. Nobody is suggesting a law that entirely legalizes abortion like that. Not one person across any side of the political spectrum. They are proposing that a ban on the procedure after 6 weeks is wholly unacceptable. The attempt to shift 6 weeks to the middle ground is destined to fail.
    Its a plain lie that 2/3rds of the American people are pro abortion up to the minute before birth.

Any other rights that we want to put up for a vote?
    The right to murder the innocent is a fictitious right

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Its a plain lie that 2/3rds of the American people are pro abortion up to the minute before birth.
    I haven't claimed they do nor ever said I support that. I support the status quo that we had prior to Roe where nearly every abortion in the country was within the first two trimesters and 99.9999+% of all the elective abortions were in the first trimester. But now you have cut off the period where someone is actually likely to know they are pregnant in Texas and that is entirely unacceptable to me.

It actually is a bad law whatever you feel about abortion. If this is successful itíll spawn laws on both sides of the isle that allow civil litigation to circumvent constitutionally protected rights. I could see blue states going after gun rights in a similar manner.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast