Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Filibuster

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Thatís because weíve incentivize people who run from the extremes of their party and view compromise as a weakness.
    And what is the solution? People have gotten a taste for blood and now they want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Well gas isnít $5 there or anywhere in the US but do go on. That and the high incomes that are available in the state are two good ones.
    Obviously, you aren't familiar with California. And tent cities? Gavin is now building high rise apartment buildings for the druggies out on the street. They should change the name from "homeless" to "brainless" for the great majority of these people. Billions of city, state, and federal money given to help people who don't want any help just to shoot up and die.

The truly "homeless" through no fault of their own deserve help. That is America. Not what you see on the street. Its really a nightmare to watch. And its not just in major cities, its all around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    What I would love to see happen is Republicans win the house and senate in Ď22 and take control. They win the presidency in Ď24 and they eliminate the filibuster.

Watch how many on the left turn on it again just like Schumer did when he was strongly against it and now is in favor of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For sure. Both sides, especially Schumer and the old buzzard, McConnell, have been playing this tag game for decades. Another reason for term limits for all, BTW.

what i would love to see is democrats take a bunch of very winnable seats in 2022. Florida, ohio, pennsylvania, north carolina, and wisconsin are all winnable.
    hahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahhh hahahhahhhahhahhahha

Exactly. Itís an outdated rule that was popularized to obstruct civil rights legislation. End it and end gridlock.
    I do remember that when the Dems tried their very best to obstruct the civil rights legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    hahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahhh hahahhahhhahhahhahha
    I am not saying that they will all be won. I am saying that they are winnable.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!

Obviously, you aren't familiar with California. And tent cities? Gavin is now building high rise apartment buildings for the druggies out on the street. They should change the name from "homeless" to "brainless" for the great majority of these people. Billions of city, state, and federal money given to help people who don't want any help just to shoot up and die.

The truly "homeless" through no fault of their own deserve help. That is America. Not what you see on the street. Its really a nightmare to watch. And its not just in major cities, its all around you.
    You're in no position to be calling anyone "brainless".

I do remember that when the Dems tried their very best to obstruct the civil rights legislation.
    Many did, and the funny thing is that those who are still alive and most of their descendants are now Republicans. Surprisingly, they actually figured out that it was a much better fit.

And what is the solution? People have gotten a taste for blood and now they want it.
    End the filibuster. Watch the party centrist stop using the language of the extremes now that they canít promise what they donít want to deliver. See some bad legislation get passed and some lawmakers pay the price. People want someone to have solutions that arenít just rhetorical or theoretical. They want action and will continue to elect more extreme politicians till they get it.

End the filibuster. Watch the party centrist stop using the language of the extremes now that they canít promise what they donít want to deliver. See some bad legislation get passed and some lawmakers pay the price. People want someone to have solutions that arenít just rhetorical or theoretical. They want action and will continue to elect more extreme politicians till they get it.
    I don't see how that is a solution to what you proposed. Requiring fewer votes is absolutely not going to incentivize bipartisanship.

I don't see how that is a solution to what you proposed. Requiring fewer votes is absolutely not going to incentivize bipartisanship.
    Fewer votes means more stuff gets passed. More stuff gets passed the more politicians get judged for being legislators and not semi-regular guests on cable news shows. Politicians leaders will be more inclined to reign in their bomb throwing party members who promise things they canít deliver. It also incentivizes them to work across the isle to get laws done that wonít just be thrown out the next time theyíre out of office. The filibuster is a crutch politicians use to blame the other party for their inability to do anything.

Well gas isnít $5 there or anywhere in the US but do go on. That and the high incomes that are available in the state are two good ones.
    If You say so...
    https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/202...n-some-cities/

Incomes so high that there are homeless people working full time jobs.
    https://www.kqed.org/news/11690325/t...r-boss-to-know

Exactly. Itís an outdated rule that was popularized to obstruct civil rights legislation. End it and end gridlock.
    That's apocryphal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    What I would love to see happen is Republicans win the house and senate in Ď22 and take control. They win the presidency in Ď24 and they eliminate the filibuster.

Watch how many on the left turn on it again just like Schumer did when he was strongly against it and now is in favor of it
    Got to admire how honest conservatives are about their lack of morals or values.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Got to admire how honest conservatives are about their lack of morals or values.
    Would you be upset if the GOP eliminated the filibuster in Ď24 when you guys wanted it done right now? Honest question. You would support that right because you think it should be gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast